weekly *Sarah* 2012 52 week challenge. Yippee I made it!!

Very good Sarah... nice bit of blur in the hammer makes it. I think if I had that alarm and it went off on a Saturday, I'd probably sigh too.

Hi Sarah

great idea For Sigh....& motion well caught , nice lighting & sharpness....being awkward I want to see the whole of the clock though but can see that you got what you were aiming for so well done & keep up the good work :clap:

Hi Sarah

great idea For Sigh....& motion well caught , nice lighting & sharpness....being awkward I want to see the whole of the clock though but can see that you got what you were aiming for so well done & keep up the good work :clap:

Thanks, I have some shots of the clock but felt that the alarm didnt stand out quite as well as the close up!

Still editing this weeks theme, I've put some on flickr but can't decide which to use yet!!

Right here goes - I'm not as happy with these this week. Because the theme is easier I was hoping to get something different but ended up going down the confectionary route. I took various shots of different sweet things and have had them on flickr for a couple of days trying to decide which one to use. As you can see I have knocked it down to 3 and will then decide which one to put on tp 52 flickr after I hear your comments!

lovehearts by kitegirl66, on Flickr

#2 honeycomb

honeycomb 2 by kitegirl66, on Flickr

#3 honeycomb macro

honeycomb close up by kitegirl66, on Flickr

Love Hearts....aaahhhh, what memories :love:

I'm liking the reflections and the composition is well thought out. Feels a tad close on the right...

Honeycombs....really like the light coking through...really rich and the small bubbles are cool. Just the blown bit a minor issue.

Cheers.

Love Hearts....aaahhhh, what memories :love:

I'm liking the reflections and the composition is well thought out. Feels a tad close on the right...

Honeycombs....really like the light coking through...really rich and the small bubbles are cool. Just the blown bit a minor issue.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I'll have a look at the loveheart pic sometime and see if I can get back a bit from the right!

The lighting of the honeycomb was tricky, I struggled to hold the torch whilst taking the photo using the release - my arms aren't long enough and on the loveheart one it took a while to get the angle right to show off the reflections. My arms were killing after these!!

Love hearts for me too. Everything's been said already. Good colour, composition and reflections. (y)

Thought I knew them from somewhere, I used to always go as a child to Blackpool, more around Lythem but still :) I want some rock now :( :LOL:

I prefer the honeycomb too; the first one. I think it's a more original take on sweet, and is well composed and lit.

I really like the reflection in the sweet heart picture, very good.

The honeycombs both brilliant great idea well done and so it the rock with the vibrant colours.

I've been watching these on Flickr for a couple of days wondering which one you were going to choose, personally out of the ones you've posted i like the rock one, the colours against the white background really stand out

Excellent photo's Sarah (I have to say that after borrowing one of your ideas!:naughty:).
For sweet, I really like the love hearts, great use of DOF and it made me smile. :)

I think number 2 honeycomb is the best of the 3, I was thinking this myself but couldn’t find any, I don’t think I would have done any better possibly light it a bit more from the front to do away with the shadow.
The colours in your Blackpool rock are superb well done.

I really like the reflection in the sweet heart picture, very good.

The honeycombs both brilliant great idea well done and so it the rock with the vibrant colours.

Thank you!

I've been watching these on Flickr for a couple of days wondering which one you were going to choose, personally out of the ones you've posted i like the rock one, the colours against the white background really stand out

Thanks Liz, you just have to be different!!:) I like the rock one as well, then again I like most sweet things!!:LOL:

I think everyone has said all that's needed about the love heart shot and I agree with all.

I like the detail in the honeycomb shots but the vibrant colours and crisp sharp shot of the rock is awesome.

Thank you!!

well i like the love hearts but i think it the last one close up on the honey for me its just got something i keep looking at it

Can't decide between the love hearts or the first honeycomb shot but they're both very good - I think the honeycomb just edges it...

Thank you, i'm glad I'm not the only one that can't decide!

I think number 2 honeycomb is the best of the 3, I was thinking this myself but couldn’t find any, I don’t think I would have done any better possibly light it a bit more from the front to do away with the shadow.
The colours in your Blackpool rock are superb well done.

Thank you! I found the honeycomb in a farm shop. I know what you mean about the lighting I did try using 2 torches but couldn't get it quite right.

Great 52 one of the longest threads so far so you must be doing something right I like the honeycomb for sweet :clap: look forward to seeing the rest of your 52

#1 really nice composition and like the reflection.

#2 not a fan of honey really but this makes it look very tempting. Really like this one.

#3 Fantastic detail on that one. Interesting to see those shapes and structures.

Think someone has already said it but you must be doing something right, very popular thread.

Hiya Sarah, the love heart shot, I like this! Only thing I would suggest would be a slight crop off the bottom. Also liking the macro of the honeycomb as well.

Thanks Michael, I've decided to go with the loveheart one this week but will give it a crop first. There has been something niggling me about this shot and I think the crop will help!

Great 52 one of the longest threads so far so you must be doing something right I like the honeycomb for sweet :clap: look forward to seeing the rest of your 52

Thank you!

#1 really nice composition and like the reflection.

#2 not a fan of honey really but this makes it look very tempting. Really like this one.

#3 Fantastic detail on that one. Interesting to see those shapes and structures.

Think someone has already said it but you must be doing something right, very popular thread.

Thanks Jon, must admit I dont like honey and the sweet smell was a bit overpowering!!

Couldnt decide when I saw them on Flickr, and still cant decide. They are a cracking set. Do like the oozing feel you get from the honey on the honeycomb.

Thanks Alex, I've decided to go with the loveheart one, can't get my head around this weeks theme, it's been a busy weekend and I want to try and get something different!!

Back