weekly *sarah* 2015 52 challenge week 11,12 &13 added

Elegant - nicely done Sarah. Part of me would like to see inside the flower a touch more, but even allowing for that it's a cracking image and really well taken & processed.

Companions - lovely shot, subject and lighting. 'nuff said!

Hi Sarah

Elegant & Companions.......no crit on either shot just a massive :clap: to both & just for the Lilies :notworthy::notworthy:
I also wanted to use Calla lilies for Elegant & like you couldn't find any but didn't have enough time to get some ordered .You really do have a wonderful eye for floral images (y)

Loving Elegant, and you have retained so much detail in them against the white background (y)

Very simple and very elegant. I never came across Calla Lilies before but they do look beautiful.

Elegant - nicely done Sarah. Part of me would like to see inside the flower a touch more, but even allowing for that it's a cracking image and really well taken & processed.

Companions - lovely shot, subject and lighting. 'nuff said!

Thank you all for your lovely comments!:)

Week 6 Watery

Playing catch up again!
As soon as I saw the theme I decided that I would like to take an abstract picture for it. I've struggled for time in the end but managed to have a play this week. I took this shot looking through a tank of water which I swished to make waves, I then edited on photoshop by cropping and then softening the colour.
#2 was taken looking down into the tank and this time was edited to clean up stray bubbles and to intensify the colours!

abstract water by *sarah*., on Flickr

watery abstract by *sarah*., on Flickr

Nice abstracts Sarah.
#1 lovely pattern created there, I like the 2 little "blobs" of water on the left hand side. Only thing for me is, the pink area on the right, I would like to see that as smooth as the rest.

#2 Really like the colours in this one, and again the patterns. I would clone out the bubble though, or at least I think I would :thinking:

ooo I love these, could easily see them as art prints in someone's living room :clap:

Hi two nice abstracts I would have maybe cloned out some of the flecks in the darker part of the second one, both have superb colours in

Hi Sarah, I love those. Great idea for the theme, the first is my favourite, I could easily hang that on my wall :clap: :clap:

Number 1 for me. Smooth and rather relaxing, you could use it for this week's theme ;).

Hi Sarah

#1 for me as well....lovely colors ,very minimal but very effective & , for me at least , very calming :clap:

Only 2 minor points from me...there's a couple of really small stray bubbles to the left of the frame just above the water line & there's something weird to the righthand side , just above the water line that almost looks like torn paper :thinking:

#2 for me really nice as said worthy of a framed pic (y)

Nice abstracts Sarah.
#1 lovely pattern created there, I like the 2 little "blobs" of water on the left hand side. Only thing for me is, the pink area on the right, I would like to see that as smooth as the rest.

#2 Really like the colours in this one, and again the patterns. I would clone out the bubble though, or at least I think I would :thinking:

ooo I love these, could easily see them as art prints in someone's living room :clap:

Two lovely shots and what brilliant idea. 1; Love the wavy form and the colours I would inclined to clone out the two strayed bubbles at the left. 2; Lovely shades of blues and the wave patterns. The bubble just works perfectly to indicate water.
Thank you for your comments, I've edited the first one to clean up a bit and remove the bubbles. I'll post it up shortly!

Hi two nice abstracts I would have maybe cloned out some of the flecks in the darker part of the second one, both have superb colours in

Hi Sarah, I love those. Great idea for the theme, the first is my favourite, I could easily hang that on my wall :clap: :clap:

Number 1 for me. Smooth and rather relaxing, you could use it for this week's theme ;).

Thank you! I wished I'd thought about that one for relax!!
I did think about cloning out the flecks but thought they looked a bit like stars in the night sky so left them in. I'll have an edit and post on flickr to compare in the next few days!:)

Hi Sarah

#1 for me as well....lovely colors ,very minimal but very effective & , for me at least , very calming :clap:

Only 2 minor points from me...there's a couple of really small stray bubbles to the left of the frame just above the water line & there's something weird to the righthand side , just above the water line that almost looks like torn paper :thinking:
Hi Lynne, thank you for your comments! I've had another edit and removed the stray bubbles and also the 'frayed paper effect' (it was caused by the water splashing up the side of the tank) which I'm about to post!:) I think it has improved it!!

No.1 for me, I really like the simplicity. I would agree on the bubbles though.

At first glance I thought no 2 was a shot of the night sky. (y)
Thank you!:)

#2 for me really nice as said worthy of a framed pic (y)

Watery

2 very nice photos that deserve to be in print. Both very calming images.
#1 Love the motion
#2 like the colours.

I love them all. Beautiful abstracts, in particular the second one...

Hope to see more!?

Week 7 - Bold
I took this one last week but was really hoping to get a different shot but as I'm getting behind I decided to post this one up so I can get on with this weeks theme!

Bold colourful Skittles!
bold colours by *sarah*., on Flickr

It was taken using a shallow dof f2.8 using natural light from the window!

Bold colours indeed Sara (y)

Nice DOF ... as they say.

I think I see just three of them in focus!

Love the colours and DoF ... nice one. (Also, sweeties make great props ... when you're bored with them you can put them to other uses!! :rolleyes:)

Elegant - The white flower against the white background brings some elegance to the shot. The subtle greens plus the curve of the stems also are a nice touch.

Watery - The more I’ve looked at these the more I am drawn towards #1 especially the edit of it. The blue tones are in and the whole image has very much an abstract and arty feel to it.

Bold - The minimal DoF lifts this from being just a shot of some sweets to a rather colourful and bold image. I like that only three sweets are in focus and have a sparkly almost metallic look to them

watery - lovely edit, arty and subtle but still on theme, how did you light it if you don't mind my asking?

bold - certainly is that, i like a shallow dof normally but think a little more of them in focus would have made this better, just my opinion of course. colours are awesome

Bold and colourful as you say. It's a really striking image which means it's spot on for the theme.

Looking forward to more :)

bold - great pic, no complaints here lol :clap:

Elegant - The white flower against the white background brings some elegance to the shot. The subtle greens plus the curve of the stems also are a nice touch.

Watery - The more I’ve looked at these the more I am drawn towards #1 especially the edit of it. The blue tones are in and the whole image has very much an abstract and arty feel to it.

Bold - The minimal DoF lifts this from being just a shot of some sweets to a rather colourful and bold image. I like that only three sweets are in focus and have a sparkly almost metallic look to them

watery - lovely edit, arty and subtle but still on theme, how did you light it if you don't mind my asking?

bold - certainly is that, i like a shallow dof normally but think a little more of them in focus would have made this better, just my opinion of course. colours are awesome

Bold - Very nicely shot, I do like DoF shots and this one is crystal. How many of the sweets were left after the shot?

Thank you for your comments. The water one was backlight, I put the tank in front of the tv which I'd paused showing a blueish screen.

Bold is a great image with awesome colours. It's very detailed too. Well done

Bold and colourful as you say. It's a really striking image which means it's spot on for the theme.

Looking forward to more :)

Watery - two good images and I think the edit of the first image works very well.

Bold - perfect shot love the colours, love the dof in the image.

bold - great pic, no complaints here lol :clap:

Thank you for all your lovely comments!:)

Week 8 - Relax

There's nothing better after a hard day than sitting down and enjoying a relaxing cup of tea. I added some lavender to help you to relax even more! Again taken with natural light and edited to try and give a vintage feel to it!
cup of tea by *sarah*., on Flickr

Week 9 - Vertical

Catch up week this week!
We decided to take a trip to Whitby today, I originally planned to take a pic of the beach huts to get vertical colour stripes but on the way home stopped at this woodland and got this which I think I prefer!
Vertical trees b by *sarah*., on Flickr

Back