weekly *sarah* 2015 52 challenge week 11,12 &13 added

Lovely wintery image. Worthy of appearing on dare I say it? "a christmas card". Lovely colours

Special, very special. I have a test, when I look at a photograph I make a snap decision, within a micro second, as to whether I like it or not. This was a like. It would have been easy to reduce the blueness, but it makes the photograph for me. I did wonder if it was a little unbalanced with the RHS being full and the LHS being quite empty, but ppfftttt, the blues make it special for me.

One of the best Scenics for me (y)

Cheers.

Proper like this Sarah. Great composition nice blue against the crisp white snow.

Gaz
Thank you Gary!

Hi Sarah

that's beautiful , lovely white snow & a belting blue sky (y)

Only very very slight niggle is the top clipped off the tree on the right...
Thank you Lynne, I agree about the top of the tree, normally I use a tripod which slows me down and makes me look at the image more but I was a bit lazy with this one!:)

That's a wonderful scene Sarah, the road edge curves nicely into the shot and as Gary says the blue sky goes real well with the general tones of the image - like it (y)
Thank you Dean!

That's a beautiful snow covered winter scene. I personally would like to see the whole tree on the right instead of having the top cut off.
You should make that into Christmas cards.
Thank you Stan, thats an idea for Christmas cards but knowing me I'll probably forget by then!!:)

lovely snow scene Sarah. I can almost feel the chill, and the path is a great lead in. It is a shame about the tree though (it's something I do all too often)
Thank you Lorraine, its my fault for not using the tripod and slowing down!:)

Now thats what you call scenic (y)
Thank you!:)

Hi Sarah,
I reckon Peter nudged your tripod when you weren't looking, that's why you lost the tip of the tree;).
Love the composition though. Really nice snow scene (didn't we used to have Christmas's like this once?). Love these 'down the lane' shots. Like the look of the snowy stone wall and a great blue sky standing behind the trees.
Nice work Sarah. (y)
Thank you Steve, even though I'd love to blame Peter for nudging the tripod I was being lazy and didn't use one - though I could blame him for letting me be lazy!!

That's a beautiful shot, Sarah. Stunning.

Looking closely, the snow is a tiny touch blue, but that could easily be the natural colour as you saw it. Really pretty any which way.

My only, somewhat less helpful comment is that it's not very Penistoned is it?

Sorry, really couldn't resist! :p
Thank you Paul - you should have seen the blue snow before editing!!;)

Hi Sarah - brilliant shot! Proper winter in all its glory, I want snow here now [emoji23]
Thank you!

Scenic - a lovely pleasing image to look at, as others have said nice wintry feel to it. I haven't had any snow where I live, I'd love some snow so I could get my scenic image.
Thank you Mandy!

Fab shot Sarah (y) really scenic. Just a shame about the top of that tree on the right but if I had a euro for every time I've done that..........;)
Thank you Jill!

Fantastic scenic photo Sarah.

That would have to be hanging on my wall if i had taken it.
Thank you Darren!:)

Love the composition and "cold" feel of this image. A real winter scene. I almost envy you the snow ... We havn't had any (.... Almost!!! ... ).
Thank you Sara, the snow didn't last long!!

Hi Sarah, have to agree with the above an excellent winter scene can't really tell because of the BG being hills wether it needs a slight CCW rotation

Either way excellent :clap:
Thank you Allan, I'll have a look at rotation, I think I used the roofs to straighten to but they might be wonky!

Lovely wintery image. Worthy of appearing on dare I say it? "a christmas card". Lovely colours
Thank you Mandy!

Special, very special. I have a test, when I look at a photograph I make a snap decision, within a micro second, as to whether I like it or not. This was a like. It would have been easy to reduce the blueness, but it makes the photograph for me. I did wonder if it was a little unbalanced with the RHS being full and the LHS being quite empty, but ppfftttt, the blues make it special for me.

One of the best Scenics for me (y)

Cheers.
Blimey - Thank you Andy, I almost didn't use this one - glad I did now though!!:):)

Lovely shot Sarah. It looks very chilly but the path leads the eye to the house and makes you think there may be some warmth and comfort there.
Thank you!!:)

I've been off work ill for a couple of days and had the pleasure of Archie as my companion. He love to sit as near as possible to me (or on me!) and is great company - though he can be a little devil as well!:)
I was undecided which one to put in again this week as I have another of both Archie and Lela but decided that I'd go with Archie! It was taken using natural light from the window - iso 1600, 100th sec f4.5 and using my favourite 35mm 1.4 lens.

Archie by *sarah*., on Flickr:)

Sarah vs Peter :)

Well, not an easy decision.

You haven't cropped a paw out like Peter :exit: and I do like the textures, detail and flash of white.

I did wonder if the eyes were as sharp as Peters, and I know this is not a competition between you two, but having imported with into PS there are both as sharp as each other.

Also, this is one of the few occasion IMO, when a uber black BG would not have been as good.

Wonderful dog.

Cheers.

Sarah vs Peter :)

Well, not an easy decision.

You haven't cropped a paw out like Peter :exit: and I do like the textures, detail and flash of white.

I did wonder if the eyes were as sharp as Peters, and I know this is not a competition between you two, but having imported with into PS there are both as sharp as each other.

Also, this is one of the few occasion IMO, when a uber black BG would not have been as good.

Wonderful dog.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy!
Peter and me not competitive - let me think about this :thinking:................................ there's nothing wrong with friendly debates is there!!:) I let Peter put his in early and then learnt from his mistakes!!:D
I did darken the background (carpet) in ps but quite liked a little tone left in it, I thought about black and white but that would of been copying Peter and I really like Archies colour especially his eyes!!
We are lucky to have two wonderful dogs even if one of them is like the Tasmanian devil!!

Hmm I didn't realise that we were allowed to take sides :D
In this instance I think the lady has it ;)

Nice portrait, lovely expression, nice sharp eyes, and no clipped ear either :D
I don't mind the mottled / grey background either TBH (y)

Hmm I didn't realise that we were allowed to take sides :D
In this instance I think the lady has it ;)

Nice portrait, lovely expression, nice sharp eyes, and no clipped ear either :D
I don't mind the mottled / grey background either TBH (y)
You can definitely take sides especially if its mine!!!:):) Though I think Peter thinks that by 'lady' you mean his dog Lela (shows who comes first in his eyes!!:);))

You can definitely take sides especially if its mine!!!:):) Though I think Peter thinks that by 'lady' you mean his dog Lela (shows who comes first in his eyes!!:);))
LOL I definitely meant you Sarah :)
(But I do also see where Peter is coming from :D )

Scenic - Great vista with a feeling of cold I like the view down the lane with the house in the background

Companions - I've seen this dog before somewhere but it's a shame your dog isn't as good looking as mine so you've done well with this one. :exit:

@Cobra - I have just read what you've been saying so will be visiting your thread soon :D

I have nothing critical to say. What a charming picture.

Good job you have a dog each to photograph.
You have given the other half a run for his money there.
The winner is the dogs.

Scenic - Great vista with a feeling of cold I like the view down the lane with the house in the background

Companions - I've seen this dog before somewhere but it's a shame your dog isn't as good looking as mine so you've done well with this one. :exit:

@Cobra - I have just read what you've been saying so will be visiting your thread soon :D
Thank you Peter, I'll ignore your comment over whose dog is best looking!!:);)

Companion - a lovely shot and I also like the fact that the ear has not been clipped.
Thank you Mandy!

Companion - what a lovely shot, great eye contact. H looks so sweet :)
Thank you Lorraine, don't go off his looks -he's as mad as a box of frogs!!:eek::D

week 5
A little late this week but I did decide this year that I wouldn't get so hung up on times and sometimes things do get in the way. As soon as I saw the theme I thought about flowers and especially Calla lilies but I struggled to find any. In the end I called into a local florist and ordered some in.
I tried taking some photos of them but I like to use natural light when photographing flowers and struggled for light by the time I got in from work.
I had another reshoot today using natural light. the lilies were placed on a white tile and photographed next to the patio windows. I used a reflector to diffuse the light from the window. Hardly any pp work today apart from crop and slightly brighten the background.

Taken with a 35mm 1.4 lens 1/4sec f9

3calla lilly a by *sarah*., on Flickr

Simple, beautiful, elegant!

Another no crit. Super image.:clap:
I tend to struggle most weeks but white on white I hope that never comes up as a theme.

Very elegant and well presented Sarah :)

Hi, very nice they look like they are melting into the white BG :clap:

Hi Sarah

Elegant & Companions.......no crit on either shot just a massive :clap: to both & just for the Lilies :notworthy::notworthy:
I also wanted to use Calla lilies for Elegant & like you couldn't find any but didn't have enough time to get some ordered .You really do have a wonderful eye for floral images (y)

Back