weekly *sarah* 2015 52 challenge week 11,12 &13 added

Nice shot Sarah.. Great minds think a like lol
Nice DoF and i like the background, brings out the petite flowers.
Composition i also like
Thank you Darren!:)

Really nice shot Sarah - and thanks for detailling how you did it. Really fits the theme - the stems look really fragile.
Thank you, the stems are very fragile as I found out when trying to arrange them for some macro work!:D

Hi Sarah :)

Fragile - A lovely delicate looking flower, I'd like to see a tad more DoF personally, the flowers that are in focus have excellent detail, real good job with the background it's very complementary indeed, the composition is very effective also, good choice for the theme :)

Hi Sarah, nice to see you back with us.

pattern, the yellow and the DoF catches my eye, both excellent
Bliss, has a great warmth and is certainly inviting
Fragile is excellent don't think that will be bettered this week, nice BG and Dof just brilliant :clap:

Lovely DoF, fragile and delicate in one shot.

Flowers and eggs was always going to be the top choice for this week.
And your pic is my fav of all the flower entry's so far.

Fragile, lovely subdued colours, well composed and the shallow DOF really works for me. Textured BG also contrasts well against the flowers.

Cheers.

Hi Sarah, BTW i love your avatar! Just on the catch up as i started late... was on the verge of do i or dont i, at the last minute i decided to jump hope it was the right way as right out of my comfort zone here!;).

Bliss.... There seems to be an underlying theme here with your Avatar:). Love this shot not only very well exposed but nicely composed. Great feeling of Peace after the deluge of Christmas..... Really like the cast of shadows on the wall and the candle flames are very uniform. love that little reflection pool of light of the flame in the wax. Nice touch of the dove of peace on the candle ties. Nice tight square crop works well and draws the focus right onto the subject. Really nice warm glow balancing the dark red burgundy coloured wine. Really like this, very warm cosy feel. Nice Shot!

Fragile..... Acutely sharp dof there Sarah which works very well with the subject, the small size of the flower head emphasises the "Fragile" element, nice choice of background colour which works well with the subtle whites and greens. Well shot!

All the best
Steve

Fragile - A lovely delicate looking flower, I'd like to see a tad more DoF personally, the flowers that are in focus have excellent detail, real good job with the background it's very complementary indeed, the composition is very effective also, good choice for the theme :)

Thank you Dean, I tried a few different f stops but found it looked a little cluttered with more dof (though I am into shallow dof at the moment!). It was also a good excuse this week to go out to buy some flowers!

Fragile - lovely shot indeed and I love the composition, those small flowers certainly look like they are fragile. A job well done for this theme, looking forward to your next image :).
Thank you Mandy!:)

Hi Sarah, nice to see you back with us.

pattern, the yellow and the DoF catches my eye, both excellent
Bliss, has a great warmth and is certainly inviting
Fragile is excellent don't think that will be bettered this week, nice BG and Dof just brilliant :clap:
Thank you Allan, I think its its good to be back but I'm struggling at the moment to get many comments done - I'd forgotten how many there are!!:(:)
Hi Sarah ...a nice gentle image of a tiny flower ...perfect for the fragile theme.
Thank you Susie, it wasn't my first choice of flower but I'm pleased with how it turned out!:)

Fragile, lovely subdued colours, well composed and the shallow DOF really works for me. Textured BG also contrasts well against the flowers.

Cheers.
Thank you Andy, it took a few different textures until I got it how I wanted (I think!):)

Super shot which defines your style of photography. Adding the texture really brings some interest in the left hand space
Thank you Peter, you just need to keep getting me flowers now!!;):)

Hi Sarah, BTW i love your avatar! Just on the catch up as i started late... was on the verge of do i or dont i, at the last minute i decided to jump hope it was the right way as right out of my comfort zone here!;).

Bliss.... There seems to be an underlying theme here with your Avatar:). Love this shot not only very well exposed but nicely composed. Great feeling of Peace after the deluge of Christmas..... Really like the cast of shadows on the wall and the candle flames are very uniform. love that little reflection pool of light of the flame in the wax. Nice touch of the dove of peace on the candle ties. Nice tight square crop works well and draws the focus right onto the subject. Really nice warm glow balancing the dark red burgundy coloured wine. Really like this, very warm cosy feel. Nice Shot!

Fragile..... Acutely sharp dof there Sarah which works very well with the subject, the small size of the flower head emphasises the "Fragile" element, nice choice of background colour which works well with the subtle whites and greens. Well shot!

All the best
Steve
Thank you Steve, my avatar was taken for the 2012 52 (theme was straight!), I really enjoyed setting that one up and have promised myself to take some more like that this year!
I was a bit do it or don't I but took the plunge- I'm hoping my photography improves as much this year as it did when I took part in 2012!

I love it :clap::clap::clap:
Thank you Jill!:)

week 1 bliss - I'd like to see more space and as said it is a little sloped. I love the way the bubble rest on the flower (I think it's a flower). I am using the 52s to learn about lighting my photos properly and I'm just wondering whether you could have lit your shot a bit more - without losing the effect of the candles I mean :)

week 2 fragile - lovely shot :) would a few more of the flowers in focus have improved it? hmmm, not sure tbh. It could be an arty card for Clintons, I'd buy it :)

Great photos so far. Love the colour choice on fragile and great to read the shooting info.

Gaz

hi
Bliss
liking this :) lovely lighting, though like others have already said, would have liked string moved on left, but that is just being ultra picky!

Hiya Sarah, that's a very pretty shot. I really like the background - it contrasts so well with the colours in the subject. The texture background confuses slightly because it's obviously artificial given the shallow DOF and I'm undecided whether it adds or not...

Overall, I really do like the image as an image - it works well and hangs together. As a photograph/composite, I'd perhaps be tempted to experiment a bit more with the texture - and certainly remove areas where it runs over the white of the blossoms (bottom of frame, for example). I might mask it a bit more with a soft brush over the areas where we have foreground subject, perhaps?

Still a good image though!

week 1 bliss - I'd like to see more space and as said it is a little sloped. I love the way the bubble rest on the flower (I think it's a flower). I am using the 52s to learn about lighting my photos properly and I'm just wondering whether you could have lit your shot a bit more - without losing the effect of the candles I mean :)

week 2 fragile - lovely shot :) would a few more of the flowers in focus have improved it? hmmm, not sure tbh. It could be an arty card for Clintons, I'd buy it :)
Thank you Summer, I did try a few with different dof's but decided to go with the shallowest as it looked a bit cluttered, I do tend to go for shallow dof for a lot of my photos and really should go for more variety!:)

Great photos so far. Love the colour choice on fragile and great to read the shooting info.

Gaz
Thank you Gary!:)

hi
Bliss
liking this :) lovely lighting, though like others have already said, would have liked string moved on left, but that is just being ultra picky!
Thank you Anita!:)

Hiya Sarah, that's a very pretty shot. I really like the background - it contrasts so well with the colours in the subject. The texture background confuses slightly because it's obviously artificial given the shallow DOF and I'm undecided whether it adds or not...

Overall, I really do like the image as an image - it works well and hangs together. As a photograph/composite, I'd perhaps be tempted to experiment a bit more with the texture - and certainly remove areas where it runs over the white of the blossoms (bottom of frame, for example). I might mask it a bit more with a soft brush over the areas where we have foreground subject, perhaps?

Still a good image though!
Thank you Paul, the texture was definitely artificial (a photo of a scratched baking tray). I do normally remove textures off the flowers but must admit I was a bit lazy this time round! I'll go back and have a play with this one as I do think there is more potential with it!
Thank you for your detailed feedback and watch this space for an edited version!!:):)

Week 3 - Scenic

I took this photo last Sunday and have hung on till tonight to decide which to put on! We really had to get out and take a photo for this weeks theme while we had daylight. Peter (Delta Skies) suggested to go to a local beauty spot but once in the car we decided to follow the sun and to find the snow! We pulled over at the end of this lane which went down to a farm shop so we could have a look. At first I was interested in a snowy gate but there wasn't enough interest around it to hold the viewers eye. I got an ok shot of a man walking his dogs along a snowy wooded path which I almost put in but have decided that this one says 'scenic' more!
It was taken near Penistone, South Yorkshire.
snowy scene by *sarah*., on Flickr

Proper like this Sarah. Great composition nice blue against the crisp white snow.

Gaz

Hi Sarah

that's beautiful , lovely white snow & a belting blue sky (y)

Only very very slight niggle is the top clipped off the tree on the right...

lovely snow scene Sarah. I can almost feel the chill, and the path is a great lead in. It is a shame about the tree though (it's something I do all too often)

Now thats what you call scenic (y)

Hi Sarah,
I reckon Peter nudged your tripod when you weren't looking, that's why you lost the tip of the tree;).
Love the composition though. Really nice snow scene (didn't we used to have Christmas's like this once?). Love these 'down the lane' shots. Like the look of the snowy stone wall and a great blue sky standing behind the trees.
Nice work Sarah. (y)

That's a beautiful shot, Sarah. Stunning.

Looking closely, the snow is a tiny touch blue, but that could easily be the natural colour as you saw it. Really pretty any which way.

My only, somewhat less helpful comment is that it's not very Penistoned is it?

Sorry, really couldn't resist! :p

Hi Sarah - brilliant shot! Proper winter in all its glory, I want snow here now [emoji23]

Fab shot Sarah (y) really scenic. Just a shame about the top of that tree on the right but if I had a euro for every time I've done that..........;)

Love the composition and "cold" feel of this image. A real winter scene. I almost envy you the snow ... We havn't had any (.... Almost!!! ... ).

Hi Sarah, have to agree with the above an excellent winter scene can't really tell because of the BG being hills wether it needs a slight CCW rotation

Either way excellent :clap:

Back