weekly *sarah* TP52 2014 step and nature added

Bubble: that is one stunning shot. Excellent work!

Smoke: #3 for me too. Good creative idea, great colours, brilliantly shot.

You're on fire!

I like the lighting on the flowers but the wine glass overshadows them :)

#3 for me - very clever and original idea and no crit from this end.

smokey wine glass for me too - by a long way, love it.....

impressive that it's just the one shot, albeit with a huge smack from the PS stick. None of which is detrimental btw!

Hi Sarah brilliant last image (the glass) for smoke, best use of this effect I have seen for a long time it must have taken a while but has paid off :clap::clap:

I do like all three but I'll go for #3 as I know how much more difficult it was to set up, take and then pp. I think you've done a really good job.

Number 3 is fantastic! Brilliantly executed and well worth the pain and suffering you've been through this week. Brilliant idea and PP skills to match. No crit from me at all. :)

Hi Sarah

Bubble - excellent - that's it. (y)

Smoke - three really different takes
#1 - for me is too bright and I don't get the connection to the smoke
#3 - technically very good and a lot of patient work has paid off. Spot on theme and good impact

#2 - my fave. Super crop, lovely detail and excellent dof. Cracking colour and that hint of smoke across - like a late summer pick of a rose with a hint of woodsmoke flowing across. (y)(y)

Both bubble shots were excellent
Smoke shot number 3 is excellent

A couple of really good weeks work there. (y)

Hi Sarah

#3......:jawdrop::notworthy::notworthy:

simply stunning :clap::clap:

Wow it sounds as if you have been really busy Sarah...especially for that last one....thank you for giving the little notes on 'how it's done' they are really helpful. Smashing images ...the last one gets my top vote ....very clever.
Smoke - #3 for me too. Great colours and nicely lit. Sounds like a lot of work went into the shot but I'd say it was well worth it.
#3 for me - very clever and original idea and no crit from this end.
The second one for me, great detail in the rose just not quite enough smoke.
Thank you!:)

smokey wine glass for me too - by a long way, love it.....

impressive that it's just the one shot, albeit with a huge smack from the PS stick. None of which is detrimental btw!
Hi Sarah brilliant last image (the glass) for smoke, best use of this effect I have seen for a long time it must have taken a while but has paid off :clap::clap:
No.3 for me, very creative! :)
I do like all three but I'll go for #3 as I know how much more difficult it was to set up, take and then pp. I think you've done a really good job.
Thank you!! :)

Number 3 is fantastic! Brilliantly executed and well worth the pain and suffering you've been through this week. Brilliant idea and PP skills to match. No crit from me at all. :)
Hi Sarah

Bubble - excellent - that's it. (y)

Smoke - three really different takes
#1 - for me is too bright and I don't get the connection to the smoke
#3 - technically very good and a lot of patient work has paid off. Spot on theme and good impact

#2 - my fave. Super crop, lovely detail and excellent dof. Cracking colour and that hint of smoke across - like a late summer pick of a rose with a hint of woodsmoke flowing across. (y)(y)
Thank you, I must admit #2 is my favourite! :)

The last 2 weeks of 52 have been diffcult, I took some shots but I'm not very inspired with them so they've been sat on flickr waiting for me to get some more inspiration, the inspiration and creativity came but not for the last 2 weeks themes! (got creative with more flowers!) so I have decided to put these two up before I get too far behind and that I might reshoot them in the future!

Mineral

_DSC1847b
by *sarah*., on Flickr

Sense

Archies nose
by *sarah*., on Flickr

Hi Sarah, you are not kidding about these themes uninspiring is an understatement.
Both pics fit well for the theme, sometimes thats all you can do and move on.
the trouble with reshooting these particular themes is will any ideas ever come:thinking:

Hi Sarah

I think it was Alsjazzera who said of the theme's " like wading in treacle " which is a perfect summation for me so far this year !

Mineral is not appealing to me either ,sorry .The focus is good but the shadows a little harsh

Sense....like it , perfect focus on the nose ,good detail in the little hairs & a good angle :)

Mineral - unusual take. I like the lighting and that formation in the bottom rh corner looks to me like a petrified dinosaur crushing something in its jaws.

Sense - good one, but a bit stomach churning if I'm honest!

Mineral - Some interesting shapes and helped by the stones being wet. I hadn't noticed the dinosaur until it was mentioned though

Sense - I know how tricky this will have been given that Archie doesn't do staying still. Pin sharp where it needs to be and a complimentary coloured background.

I don't know why I have only just stumbled across your 52, sorry :(. Some great images so far, love the shallow depth of field used in sense. I will keep an eye out for more from you.

Mineral - fits the theme, but does not wow me :(.

Sense - I like the composition, fits the theme nicely some nice detail to be seen on the nose :).
Mineral.... fits the theme fine :)

Sense.. nice one, dof a bit shallow tho' :)
Hi Sarah, you are not kidding about these themes uninspiring is an understatement.
Both pics fit well for the theme, sometimes thats all you can do and move on.
the trouble with reshooting these particular themes is will any ideas ever come:thinking:
Thank you for your comments!

Was thinking of using my dogs nose for sense but I couldn't get it rite, well done u.
Hi Sarah

I think it was Alsjazzera who said of the theme's " like wading in treacle " which is a perfect summation for me so far this year !

Mineral is not appealing to me either ,sorry .The focus is good but the shadows a little harsh

Sense....like it , perfect focus on the nose ,good detail in the little hairs & a good angle :)
Mineral - unusual take. I like the lighting and that formation in the bottom rh corner looks to me like a petrified dinosaur crushing something in its jaws.

Sense - good one, but a bit stomach churning if I'm honest!
Thank you!

Hi Sarah ...not sure about the mineral one, maybe its just a bit too close :confused: I'm not sure.
...the doggy nose is spot on, not easy I would think to get such a close up shot.
Hi Sarah
Mineral - well it keeps you up to date but not for me :sorry: I find ti hard to get a point of attention and that b/g keeps reminding me of someone's tonsils :eek:

Sense - on theme and good detail - quite like the lighting
Thank you

Back