Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2020 - Week 52 added

Thank you all for your kind comments. This shielding malarkey is a bit of a b*gger and with the addition of my breathing difficulties, the weekly theme has given me a bit of a goal every week. I passed an enjoyable hour or two in the garden trying it out. Next thing I want to try is the 'bursting of water balloons'.............Not sure what theme I would need to shoe-horn that into!

Great colours and I think having that subtle bit of detail within really makes it.

Small: Stunning Image great detail.

Snapper Choice: Very creative great colour.

Week 26 - Mother Nature + Father Nature + Baby Nature

Week 26 - Mother Nature - snails-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so the may not be welcome by most gardeners, but I think they're quite important. They do eat weeds and help to break down dead organic matter.

A family outing! I wonder how long it will take them to get there. Really nice for the theme and the composition and lighting are great.

Great shot of the snail family :)

That's a lovely shot Joan despite my hackles rising.. that said, I still can't kill them! Did you arrange the family group?

Took me forever to line them up. As soon as I arranged one of them the others had wandered off! Shot on some wet slates in my conservatory. They are fascinating and move very quickly. Not sure they are a proper family though as they were all on different fence posts in my garden.

Great Shot Joan, a very different take and I love the title.

My wife would not be pleased to see them in here garden.

Pete

I don't normally comment on bug shots, but that one is fun (and not really bugs I guess).
It is interesting to note the difference in colour / pigmentation between the older and younger snails. Nicely captured. The letterbox crop suits it.

Mother Nature Stunning image nicely thought out and composed. Perfect.

Week 27 - SIGN

A sign on the gable end of a cottage in my village dating back to the early 1700s.

week 27 - SIGN - N5B_5931.jpg

Nicely captured Joan, I do like that type of old script too (y)

Great idea Joan. well taken and presented (y)

Back