Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

Don't you do potholing? wouldn't have though they would be much of a problem.
Lovely steps full of character but I do know what you mean

Nice take on the theme Chris (maybe a slight shoehorn) I like the textures in hte steps and wall and how the steps pull you into the image.

Nice take on the theme Chris, unattractive twigs on the side but don`t think I`d like to run up those either.
Thanks Dave

Don't you do potholing? wouldn't have though they would be much of a problem.
Lovely steps full of character but I do know what you mean
Thanks Allan, not been underground for a while or you might have got a muddy cave shot for this theme :)

Nice take on the theme Chris (maybe a slight shoehorn) I like the textures in hte steps and wall and how the steps pull you into the image.
Thanks Mark, more than a slight shoehorn I think :)

Nice twist on the theme. Those steps are a nice find, lots of character caught, (y)

Had me puzzled for a minute, thought there was a new theme word out, but yes got it, know i wouldn't like to climb them steps.

Walter

No, they look steep and slippery... Very original idea for the theme, and great photo!

A different idea for the theme, those steps don't look too bad to me and there are 'worse' around here!

I like that Chris, excellent idea, and yes, they definitely would be a very Unnatractive proposition to climb ...nice one :)

No, they look steep and slippery... Very original idea for the theme, and great photo!

Yep, my thought too. Nice take on the theme and well PP;d too.....

Thanks all, you've got to cut us "southerners" some slack Stan :D

Nice shots for shadow Chris

Hey Chris,

Straight - Mono suits the image. Interesting...
Unattractive - Bit of a shoe horn perchance? I think they are a nice looking set of stairs, and the processing gives them an old weathered feel. I quite like this :)
Shadow - Your shot works, but to be honest, the archive image is the one that calls to me. Quite funny the way the long shadows given them an alien feel. Maybe a green wash is needed ;)

Hey Chris,

Straight - Mono suits the image. Interesting...
Unattractive - Bit of a shoe horn perchance? I think they are a nice looking set of stairs, and the processing gives them an old weathered feel. I quite like this :)
Shadow - Your shot works, but to be honest, the archive image is the one that calls to me. Quite funny the way the long shadows given them an alien feel. Maybe a green wash is needed ;)
Thanks Tim, yes the steps are a shoehorn but we've all been there ;) I had the same thought re the alien shadows

Nice one for shadow, I love the colours of the last remaining sunlight! Well composed too!

The second one has a slightly eerie feel to it, I like that too...

Lovely shot of the sand at sunset (presumably) (y)

and cutouts too for good measure. Is that in the sand as well?

Nice one for shadow, I love the colours of the last remaining sunlight! Well composed too!

The second one has a slightly eerie feel to it, I like that too...
Thanks Bernd

Lovely shot of the sand at sunset (presumably) (y)
Thanks David, yes it was sunset

and cutouts too for good measure. Is that in the sand as well?
:) no it's a piece or plywood and good old fashioned film grain

Shadow

That's a lovely shot. It's quite simple and I like the textures in sand.

I thought I had already posted on this :thinking: obviously not, anyway great long shadow, well spotted

Love the super long shadow compared to the short blades of grass. Really nice shot.
Thanks Ross

I thought I had already posted on this :thinking: obviously not, anyway great long shadow, well spotted
Thanks Allan, I think it's a bit too easy to forget to click the "Post Reply" button, I know I've done that before.

Happy Birthday to your daughter Chris. The flowers are beautiful indeed, nice colours just just pop well, the BG really is good too as it just make the flowers stand out more.
Thanks Dave, I'm glad you like the photo. She went out clubbing last night and didn't get in until 6 o'clock this morning, first all-nighter, making the most of it :)

Love the colour contrasts very well with the BG, very good indeed, I think you are right flowers might well be popular this week ;)

Love the colour contrasts very well with the BG, very good indeed, I think you are right flowers might well be popular this week ;)
Thanks Allan, I find seeing different interpretations of the same subject quite thought provoking.

Fab flaaarz! Boooootful :)

Straight - the black and white suits its.
Unattractive - I like your take on the theme and they do look steep
Shadow - both good shots I like the quirkiness of the paper people.
Beautiful - lovely still life

Fab flaaarz! Boooootful :)
Thanks Dave

Straight - the black and white suits its.
Unattractive - I like your take on the theme and they do look steep
Shadow - both good shots I like the quirkiness of the paper people.
Beautiful - lovely still life
Thanks for taking the time

Got a touch of oil artistry. Beautiful ... (y)
Thanks David

Back