Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

Beautiful

It works well. Good colours and background.
The only thing I'm not too sure about is the front edge of the table.

Two super images for Shadow, Chris. I love the long leading shadow in the first one but the second one is one of the best I have seen for this theme, with a really eye-catching subject and lovely strong shadows that lead to the paper men :clap:
The flowers are spot on for Beautiful; really pretty blooms, contrasting colours of pink and green, and a nice shape too.

Yes, that's really nicely captured Chris, looks like an artwork, background works perfectly.
Thanks Susie

Beautiful

It works well. Good colours and background.
The only thing I'm not too sure about is the front edge of the table.
Thanks Dominic, it's actually a chest of drawers and quite narrow front to back so it was hard to avoid the edge.

Beautiful. Love this shot mate. The subject is great and the background helps it to stand out. The reflection from underneath is nice too.
Thanks Ross

Two super images for Shadow, Chris. I love the long leading shadow in the first one but the second one is one of the best I have seen for this theme, with a really eye-catching subject and lovely strong shadows that lead to the paper men :clap:
The flowers are spot on for Beautiful; really pretty blooms, contrasting colours of pink and green, and a nice shape too.
Thanks Andrea, getting those shadows right in front of the paper chain was harder than I thought it would be.

Chris

Shadow, I love the Image, such long shadows.
Beautiful, really nice flowers, shame about the pickle jar.Backround adds to the Image, well lit, nice colours, outstanding.

Pete

Chris

Shadow, I love the Image, such long shadows.
Beautiful, really nice flowers, shame about the pickle jar.Backround adds to the Image, well lit, nice colours, outstanding.

Pete
Thanks Pete, the pickle jar came with the flowers from the expensive, trendy florist :D

Shadow - 2 great images for the them Chris I like them both but for me the first one just edges it.

Beautiful - Very nice indeed fits the theme perfectly and very well captured.

Shadow - 2 great images for the them Chris I like them both but for me the first one just edges it.

Beautiful - Very nice indeed fits the theme perfectly and very well captured.
Excellent Still Life shot there with the lovely flowers. Nice choice of BG too. Definitely worth keeping the whole lot in focus :)
Thanks guys.

Arnside - my childhood playground :) Fab shot!

Low tide, well all I can say is WOW Chris !! This is a hell of a great shot, taken with film gritty looking ( Love that ) and the folk walking about. A great shot and bang on theme beautifully.

Arnside - my childhood playground :) Fab shot!
Thanks Dave and Dave, glad you liked it.

Looks good to me, I particularly like the three ppl in the foreground.

Certainly tell its film + points for that, I can't believe on a bank holiday how few people there are.
Closest beaches to me are North Wales and the Wirral both unbearable on a warm bank holiday

Lovely Chris love the grain from using film it adds a timeless feel to the image for me.

Nice composition too I like the fact that the guy closet to the camera is walking in the opposite direction t everyone else

Certainly tell its film + points for that, I can't believe on a bank holiday how few people there are.
Closest beaches to me are North Wales and the Wirral both unbearable on a warm bank holiday
Thanks Allan, it's usually mud but was dry on Monday so that's quite busy for round here

Lovely Chris love the grain from using film it adds a timeless feel to the image for me.

Nice composition too I like the fact that the guy closet to the camera is walking in the opposite direction t everyone else
Thanks Mark

I didn't know the film is back on trend? Nice idea for the theme and looks like all the people are loners apart from one or two couples!
Thanks Stan, that comment was a bit tongue in cheek but there is a bit of a film revival going on.

Sorry Chris, doesn't really do it for me. Bang on theme and all that, just not feeling the love.
Can't really say why. (Maybe the sky?)
Thanks for the honesty Tim, no worries I thought it would be a bit Marmite and TBH I was just using up the roll

Reactions: LC2
Good idea for Low, Chris, and the use of film works well with the strong light on the sand and the contrasting dark figures. I like your composition too, with the diagonal line and interest throughout the scene.
Thanks Andrea

Good old fashioned film eh! ... (y)
Thanks David

Well done for using film Chris, I like the processing it gives it a rather timeless look, except is he carrying two Costa Coffee :)
Thanks Susie, it's definitely not Costa, the nearest one is 12 miles away. I think it's a couple of beers from the pub across the road in plastic

Lovely beach shot. Spot on topic. And taken on genuine film. Nice one. Really like it.
Thanks Ross

Hi Chris, Catching up yet again!

Unattractive - Looks like a lot of steps, wouldn't want to have to climb them too often. The mono work to make them even less appealing
Shadow - I like both of these, lovely light and very long shadows on the little bit of grass and great contrast on the paper men
Beautiful - They really are beautiful flowers, BG is nice and simple and really makes the flowers stand out. Belated Happy Birthday to your Daughter
Low - Not too keen on this one. I keep going back and looking at it again (so maybe thats a good thing), maybe its just because its in B&W and we are used to seeing this type of landscape in colour. :D

Hi Chris, Catching up yet again!

Unattractive - Looks like a lot of steps, wouldn't want to have to climb them too often. The mono work to make them even less appealing
Shadow - I like both of these, lovely light and very long shadows on the little bit of grass and great contrast on the paper men
Beautiful - They really are beautiful flowers, BG is nice and simple and really makes the flowers stand out. Belated Happy Birthday to your Daughter
Low - Not too keen on this one. I keep going back and looking at it again (so maybe thats a good thing), maybe its just because its in B&W and we are used to seeing this type of landscape in colour. :D
Thanks Georgina.

Bit of a failure but it's what you are getting for this week. Out for a walk and saw these twin lambs so snapped off a few shots thinking that'll do for match, only to find when I get them on screen that although they had the same mother they are far from identical. Hey-ho they sort of match :)

Match by Chris H, on Flickr

Beautiful - yes popular subject this week, but very well done! Great colours!
Low - another popular subject, but a very different approach. Very atmospheric. Is the guy in the foreground carrying two halfpints?
Match - bit of a shoe horn, but who doesn't like lambs? The light is not ideal, but I know how difficult it is to direct them...

Awwww likkle lambsies :) 'nuff said :)

Who doesn’t like a lamb they are definitely a match even if not identical

Beautiful - yes popular subject this week, but very well done! Great colours!
Low - another popular subject, but a very different approach. Very atmospheric. Is the guy in the foreground carrying two halfpints?
Match - bit of a shoe horn, but who doesn't like lambs? The light is not ideal, but I know how difficult it is to direct them...

Awwww likkle lambsies :) 'nuff said :)

I mean they are no dolly the sheep, but close enough for a matching pair.

Who doesn’t like a lamb they are definitely a match even if not identical

Thanks all, it's a lot easier to shoe horn in something cute :)

Back