Sophie - 52 for 2023 - Week 52 - Showcase

Me too! First a full english afore me and now crumpets with lovely knobs of melty butter. Really nicely done, well lit, nice white plate.

Not a fan of the lightening vignette around the outside though.

Simple idea and well composed and lit. Only one complaint... the knobs aren't big enough! I do like my crumpets swimming in real butter...

Nicely arranged, enough to let us know straightaway what it all is.

Great image, like the B&W (y)

Thank you. I went with the B&W because the textbook was quite colourful and felt was a it distracting.

Nicely composed and shot Sophie.

Thank you. Took a while to adjust in lightroom but got to a happy medium eventually!

Nicely arranged, enough to let us know straightaway what it all is.

Thanks. I took this while looking over his shoulder and I cropped it slightly so I could bring the focus more onto his question paper and the textbook.

Thank you all for the encouraging words for Mr Brown, and the great feedback on my picture.

This weeks theme was a no brainer for me. I can't start the day without a good cup of coffee. I also have some syrups so I can treat myself to either a Vanilla or Gingerbread Latte. Because I am the only one in the house that likes coffee, I am using the Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser for the milk and the Podster for the coffee. Great for just one person!

Kitchen
by Sophie Brown

Nicel shot Sophie - Liking the open tray with the pods in in the lower left, you;ve obviously caught the flow of coffee nicely against a nice white mug. Love the shine you have on the copper velvetiser. (Whatever one of those is!!)

(Not a fan of the coiled cable to the right of the mug though. :) )

Aaahh, coffee in the morning. I don't have a problem with coffee...I have a problem without coffee... :D

The copper gives a nice bit of colour, open tray was a good idea, as above coffee is essential in the morning and capsules for me as well. Mug handle looks to be facing the wrong way to me but that’s because I’m right handed:)

Another coffee fan here. Freshly ground for me.
As Graham says, cropping out the cable would help.
The open tray adds context and is a great idea,

I’m a little late in uploading and commenting.

Mr Brown and I went on a little holiday to Disneyland Paris for my 30th, and I thought my Fitbit showed a good example as to how ‘broken’ we felt after walking around the park on our first full day!

I last visited the park 20 years ago, and it still holds a nostalgic, magical area of my heart. It was Mr Browns first visit to the park and he also thoroughly enjoyed himself.

52734578545_a9c936381b_z.jpg

Good story for the theme Sophie.
26.5k steps is a lot.
Happy Birthday!

That'll be a lovely memory photo to have pop up in the future for you. Great record of your trip away.

Good take on the theme. Do you really target 15k steps per day!

That's a lot of step Sophie, my ankles and knees are hurting just looking at it!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes and great feedback and comments on my previous two pictures. I apologise for not reciprocating, I shall endevour to improve!

What can I say, I have no excuse as to why I am playing catch up! So for Week 10 (Full) is a picture of a bouquet of flowers in 'Full Bloom' which I decided to purchase the other day because I felt like brightening up my lounge.

Full Bloom by Sophie Brown

For Week 11 (Pattern), I was looking through my drawer of fabrics for when I (very) occasionally decide to dabble in some sewing. I am very much a novice! I have made the odd cushion cover which never turn out straight or square, bet hey, I feel a small sense of achievement whenever I look at them! I decided to do the tech of Black and White on this one too. I feel it helped defined the different patterns more.

Pattern & Tech (B&W) by Sophie Brown

Last edited:
Full bunch of colourful flowers there. Like the different top down view with some abstract shapes surrounding them

Patterns does work well in b&w, nice mix of blacks, whites, and a few shades of grey in between.

A nice well composed patterns pic Sophie :)

Lovely flowers and good choice on turn the pattern image to mono. It definitely makes the patterns more obvious.

Catching up:
Full: A nice image Sophie, very bright and cheerful. Makes me want to go and buy some for our place as well :D
Patterns: I like how you've arranged the patterns and I think that the use of black and white serves the image well

Flowers - lovely bright colourful picture, B&W works well with the patterns - no colour to look at so you look at the pattern

Thank you for the feedback on my catching up!

As soon as the theme was released I knew what I wanted to do. I first of all caught a quick picture of my cat Lily having a twisted snooze in a small 'tunnel' of sunlight. But then I managed to catch some pictures of both Lily and Titan playing in their cat toy tunnel. I decided to pick the one of Lily because I like her focused expression, she was also the one more in focus on the camera, whereas Titan kept moving!

Sunny Spot
by Sophie Brown

Lily Tunnel
by Sophie Brown

Titan Tunnel
by Sophie Brown

Back