weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Hi Susie... wow, these are some fantastic images. Your covered strawberry image is just beautiful. I love the lighting on your chocolate and strawberry - just works so well. It does look as if that chocolate is moments away from splitting though :eek: (sorry, I've had too much 80% chocolate wasted over the years even with double boilers, so seeing very glossy chocolate still makes me wince!)

I don't think I could see how to improve that shot one iota :clap:

Colourful is wonderful in a different way - POV/angle, composition, lighting and DOF all spot on for me. Again, a brilliantly executed image so another :clap: from me!

I like the angle you have taken colourful from it shows the texture of the paint really well excellent image Susie perfect for the theme

As mentioned by a couple above ... the FG swirls look great, beautiful even. And yes the POV is good too. :clap:

Very good colours and textures and for me you have got the mixing spot on, lovely distinct colours with whorls and folds.

I like it Susie - particularly the swirls in the fg. Definitely on theme ... with a vengeance. :clap:

This is indeed very colourful. I like the textures in the foreground that you can almost feel.

Susie that is a cracker love the mix of colours and details

Thank you Chris, Carl, Bernd, and Mark much appreciate your comments :)

Hi Susie... wow, these are some fantastic images. Your covered strawberry image is just beautiful. I love the lighting on your chocolate and strawberry - just works so well. It does look as if that chocolate is moments away from splitting though :eek: (sorry, I've had too much 80% chocolate wasted over the years even with double boilers, so seeing very glossy chocolate still makes me wince!)

I don't think I could see how to improve that shot one iota :clap:

Colourful is wonderful in a different way - POV/angle, composition, lighting and DOF all spot on for me. Again, a brilliantly executed image so another :clap: from me!

Thanks Paul ....yes, I took the easy route with the chocolate and did it in the microwave :eek: I did feel it looked 'gloopy' and that was what put me off the shot originally, but everyone's liked it so that's good :)

I like the angle you have taken colourful from it shows the texture of the paint really well excellent image Susie perfect for the theme

Cool abstract image Susie. The sort of image that would look good framed and on a wall in my opinion.

As mentioned by a couple above ... the FG swirls look great, beautiful even. And yes the POV is good too. :clap:

Another fnatstic shot, Susie - the colours just leap out and the pov is perfect. Looks like an average day at work for me :)

Thank you Alan, Tim, d00d and Emma ...I really appreciate you hopping in. Tim @LC2 I did think that in a big white frame it would look quite good or maybe three slightly different as a triptych. I quite fancy doing it for something different on the wall.

Love the colourful foreground with the rich swirls of colour Susie bit the dof is a bit off putting for me. I'd like to see it face on and all in focus so it looks like fire flames. Great textures there too. Messy melted chocolate one week and messy oil paints the next - second childhood............?

Love the colourful foreground with the rich swirls of colour Susie bit the dof is a bit off putting for me. I'd like to see it face on and all in focus so it looks like fire flames. Great textures there too. Messy melted chocolate one week and messy oil paints the next - second childhood............?

Second childhood or old age dementia ....not sure which.:D
I know what you mean about the DOF I did crop it at first but then decided to leave is as is, the problem was with the angle, to get the height in the paint I had to aim low. Originally I did blobs of paint and tried to get them to run down the page ...a re-shoot maybe !

Covered - great shot and yummy too
colourful - very colouful I like the shapes in the paint too good Pov it shows the shapes of the paint well

Hi Susie, nice idea for entrance I think its bang on theme, works very well compositionally

Isn't that the most wonderful sight after a long dreary flight. I'm quite amazed at the clarity and handling of that bright sky and darker tones. Excellent Susie.

A bit left field and I like it. Nice widish DOF.

Cheers.

Strawberry is so simple and effective, the oil paints are really nice and your entrance is a great idea.

Hi Susie, nice idea for entrance I think its bang on theme, works very well compositionally

Nope...zero points for you this week for making me so jealous Susie ;)
Nice take on the theme - where are you? Looking forward to seeing some of your shots :)

Interesting take on the theme there Susie, nicely sharp on the wings, and yet sharp below too. Good one :)

Hi Susie, I think that's a great shot for entrance. Smart thinking on your part and goes to show how good these camera/tablet cameras are these days!

Isn't that the most wonderful sight after a long dreary flight. I'm quite amazed at the clarity and handling of that bright sky and darker tones. Excellent Susie.

Thank you all ....I thought it worked well considering the aircraft windows are never very clean. @Emja we are near Nerja in Spain ....up in the mountains :)

Last edited:
That's a great fun idea for the theme Susie. Make sure you get your share of the prop though! :p

That's just plain greedy :p

Great idea Susie works well :)

That's a great fun idea for the theme Susie. Make sure you get your share of the prop though! :p

That's just plain greedy :p

Great idea Susie works well :)

Haha, that's a good set up for the theme Susie.
Are you related to Rik Mayall?

Thanks folks.
My son is on the left Tim :) .....they did have a bet whether he would eat it all !!
My daughter in law wasn't too happy when she paid for the ice creams......they were 15 euros :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: LC2
Hi Susie

Rough - super image, looks fed up perfect for the theme.
Covered - Perfection, could be a product shot. Wish I could take a shot like yours.
Colourful = wow, gorgeous colours and movement, its almost alive.
Entrance - great idea and well framed.
Size - good idea and playful too

Entrance & Size ... two extremely good ideas for the theme. Happy holiday snaps. :D

Last edited:
It's you and food again Susie :p A good fun shot and it doesn't surprise me it would cost €15. Hope you got one too though.

Entrance is an inspired idea. Were you coming into Malaga?

Now thats an Ice Cream!!!

Great images for entrance really like them something a bit different

Hi Susie

Rough - super image, looks fed up perfect for the theme.
Covered - Perfection, could be a product shot. Wish I could take a shot like yours.
Colourful = wow, gorgeous colours and movement, its almost alive.
Entrance - great idea and well framed.
Size - good idea and playful too

Thank you for looking in Lee, much appreciate those coments :)

Entrance & Size ... two extremely good ideas for the theme. Happy holiday snaps. :D

Ta d00d :)

I'm not going to go technical on this as it is not that type of shot... a great fun image that is creamily perfect for the theme :)

Thanks DK .... I think I'll use the next reshoot for something a bit more technical :)

It's you and food again Susie :p A good fun shot and it doesn't surprise me it would cost €15. Hope you got one too though.

Entrance is an inspired idea. Were you coming into Malaga?

Thanks Jill ....what it is with me and food :D they really enjoyed doing it, there was a 50p bet resting on it ! Yes we flew into Malaga ....last day today :(

Hi Susie. Hmmm - that's a difficult choice. I do like the lighter/brighter underside of the shade in #2 and all those lovely palms against that blue sky but #1 I think edges it for it's simple composition and that lovely small starburst. (y)

Hi Susie 2 very nice and clean images I prefer the second as there is a bit more going on and the broght yellow string really adds a dash of colour

Back