weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Nice dog portrait, works very well in sepia and with that framing. And yes, she looks a bit rough.

Talking of rough, going on that expression I wouldn't argue with her :D

Lovely portrait, great processing Susie. It all works very nicely indeed.

Thank for looking in Cobra :)

I think the pp has worked really well here, looks a wise dog.

Shes a softie, I now that!

Bit of a shoehorn but great portrait topped with that PP treatment. (y)

... more Grrrr than Ruff or Woof.

Shoehorn ...moi ....surely not d00d.

I agree with Allan, the frame works really well for the image.
I think the blown effect in the background actually works nicely directing you to concentrate on the puppy dawg.

Thanks Tim ...it certainly worked out better than I expected.

Nice dog portrait, works very well in sepia and with that framing. And yes, she looks a bit rough.

Thank for looking in Bernd :)

Rough, he looks rough, mean and pi**ed off :)

Cheers.

That's her pretty face o_O Thanks Andy.

Rough - that's a great expression. I like the processing you've done, works well with this shot.

Thanks Steve ,.....it turned out much better than I anticipated.

Love this photograph...lovely dog - looks full of character and I think the pp works really well.

Lovely image for Rough Ruth love the processing but I'm not sure she would be happy about be told she looks Rough!!

Love this photograph...lovely dog - looks full of character and I think the pp works really well.

Thank you Liz :)

The frame and sepia treatment works very well here - I love the direct stare - looks one tough dog!

Thanks Emma ...she's a real softie really.

Lovely image for Rough Ruth love the processing but I'm not sure she would be happy about be told she looks Rough!!

Hi Mark ..glad you like it ....even if you did get my name wrong :)

Hahaaaaa Susie, how excellent is that dogs expression :D

Liking the PP which goes well with the dog, that is one hell of a keeper shot in my opinion :clap:

Thank you DK much appreciated, as I said to Andy that's her pretty face ...poor thing, but she is very lovable.

Susie makes me want to eat this ! Personally I think I might of taken some more of the green leaves away.
Just my thought but great idea

Chris

Good idea for the theme, very nicely captured. I think there might be a bit of chocolate and cakes shoe-horning going on in your thread :thinking:... but it's very subtly done so I'm sure no one will notice :whistle:

Clever idea Susie, nicely captured it works well :)

Susie makes me want to eat this ! Personally I think I might of taken some more of the green leaves away.
Just my thought but great idea

Chris

I didn't think of that Chris ....I must say it was really delicious :)

Good idea for the theme, very nicely captured. I think there might be a bit of chocolate and cakes shoe-horning going on in your thread :thinking:... but it's very subtly done so I'm sure no one will notice :whistle:

Chocolate, cakes, Moi ....surely not :D

Clever idea Susie, nicely captured it works well :)

Thanks Cobra ...it was very dark chocolate and I felt it looked gloopy, but it tasted fine :)

Hi Suzie

Bit of a catch up required I think!! Though it has almost all been said already!! Fantastic images for the last three themes- so envious of the view from your window! You must struggle to find picture for the wall!! Glorious image and the addition of the people gives a great sense of scale and vastness!

The dog is a winner too! Difficult to imagine any other breed that can purvey the image of just a bit rough but cute with it! Nice post production with the frame that balanced the image- nicely done!

Covered! Yes I remembered it from last year so it must have been late on! Nice crisp image that could easily be an advert! How many calories are involved with the retakes! I like the lighting and the simplicity of the set up! Great colours - I Iike the green!

Excellent Susie, I was going to go with the same thing but changed idea, thank god I did don't think I could better that

Another one of your fantastically simple(1) looking, effective shots Susie :clap:

(1) I know it's not really simple

Thank you Tim :) .....much appreciated.

Hi Suzie

Bit of a catch up required I think!! Though it has almost all been said already!! Fantastic images for the last three themes- so envious of the view from your window! You must struggle to find picture for the wall!! Glorious image and the addition of the people gives a great sense of scale and vastness!

The dog is a winner too! Difficult to imagine any other breed that can purvey the image of just a bit rough but cute with it! Nice post production with the frame that balanced the image- nicely done!

Covered! Yes I remembered it from last year so it must have been late on! Nice crisp image that could easily be an advert! How many calories are involved with the retakes! I like the lighting and the simplicity of the set up! Great colours - I Iike the green!

Thank you for taking so much time with that Richard and for those kind words ....I do appreciate it. I did manage to find more strawberries to finish off the chocolate :)

Excellent Susie, I was going to go with the same thing but changed idea, thank god I did don't think I could better that

Thank you Allan ....I'm quite shocked, I wasn't sure if it looked any good, I almost didn't post it.

Mmmmm that Strawb looks lovely covered in Chocolate, gives me wicked ideas for a shot but my wife wasn't so interested to share such images for some reason :D

I particularly like the angle of the skewer thing, and the separate chocolate drip that has motion blur....Mmmmmmm again :)

Hi Susie your image for covered is brilliant very well set up the motion blur for the dripping chocolate is really good. I'm hungry now!

Hi Susie, catch-up time! I’m trying not to make this a habit but I’m just rubbish at keeping on top of things. :D

Vast - Wow, gorgeous sky and sharp silhouette. Really liking the colours here.

Rough - That’s an amazing photo, and amazing vintage treatment you’ve given it. Love it! Expression on the dog and composition are spot on. Just wow. :) This should totally be a picture on a wall or a postcard or greeting card!

Covered - Another wow gorgeous shot! This is such a fantastic shot of chocolate-covered strawberry. Composition is perfect, white background is perfect, lighting is perfect and chocolate dripping is perfect!

Top marks Susie - nicely taken, looks delicious too. Can't beat edible props :clap:

Truly amazing! ... chocolatey decadencey ... a work of art susie.

I love the way you incorporate edibles into this challenge :p

After all, it would be a shame to waste the strawberries and melted chocolate.

Great interpretation Susie, I love it :clap:

Mmmmm that Strawb looks lovely covered in Chocolate, gives me wicked ideas for a shot but my wife wasn't so interested to share such images for some reason :D

I particularly like the angle of the skewer thing, and the separate chocolate drip that has motion blur....Mmmmmmm again :)

Thanks DK I had to balance the skewer so it originally went straight through, my OH was away fishing so I had to pour the chocolate and take the photo at the same time.:runaway:

That is very nicely done indeed Susie - wonderful colours and the angles of skewer and drips work well. Now I'm feeling a little peckish...just off to see if we have any chocolate :whistle:

Thank Emma ....there's something so nice about chocolate isn't there.

Hi Susie your image for covered is brilliant very well set up the motion blur for the dripping chocolate is really good. I'm hungry now!

Thanks Mark, very much appreciated.

Hi Susie, catch-up time! I’m trying not to make this a habit but I’m just rubbish at keeping on top of things. :D

Vast - Wow, gorgeous sky and sharp silhouette. Really liking the colours here.

Rough - That’s an amazing photo, and amazing vintage treatment you’ve given it. Love it! Expression on the dog and composition are spot on. Just wow. :) This should totally be a picture on a wall or a postcard or greeting card!

Covered - Another wow gorgeous shot! This is such a fantastic shot of chocolate-covered strawberry. Composition is perfect, white background is perfect, lighting is perfect and chocolate dripping is perfect!

Thank you Sheylara for those lovely encouraging comments :)

Top marks Susie - nicely taken, looks delicious too. Can't beat edible props :clap:

Thanks Carl .....yes, so much nicer when you can eat them :)

Fantastic capture Susie :clap:

Thank you Liz .....much appreciated.

Truly amazing! ... chocolatey decadencey ... a work of art susie.

Thank you d00d ....I don't know why I almost didn't post it ....everyones really likes it ....how nice is that :)

I love the way you incorporate edibles into this challenge :p

After all, it would be a shame to waste the strawberries and melted chocolate.

Great interpretation Susie, I love it :clap:

Thanks Gill ......mmmm there does seem to be a theme going doesn't there.

Susie, you really are putting this challenge to good use to learn different things :clap:

Well composed, vibrant colours and detail.

Crit, well, a few blemishes on the white BG. Don't :bat: me....but I did wonder if the motion blur to the chocolate drop had been added in post :oops: :$

I removed the skewer in PS and also works.

Well done. This'll be hard to beat and I'll need to up my game.

Cheers.

Very nice capture especially as its chocolate on strawberries. I wonder what it would look like with the skewer cloned out so its a 'floating' strawberry. Ah... just noticed I see @posiview tried it...

Susie, you really are putting this challenge to good use to learn different things :clap:

Well composed, vibrant colours and detail.

Crit, well, a few blemishes on the white BG. Don't :bat: me....but I did wonder if the motion blur to the chocolate drop had been added in post :oops: :$

I removed the skewer in PS and also works.

Well done. This'll be hard to beat and I'll need to up my game.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy @posiview I do value your opinion, so I really appreciate your comments....
No specific motion blur added PP but to get my background really white which I wanted, I had to covert to B&W then put the colours back in, so something may have happened there. I really like it without the skewer, I did think about it, but I was scared it would look too floaty so I left it in, but I think it works really well without it.
Thank you for the confidence boost ...even after three years on here I still feel so much out of my depth with so many things, but I guess I know what I like, and I will battle on to achieve the end product that I want.

Very good colours and textures and for me you have got the mixing spot on, lovely distinct colours with whorls and folds.

I like it Susie - particularly the swirls in the fg. Definitely on theme ... with a vengeance. :clap:

This is indeed very colourful. I like the textures in the foreground that you can almost feel.

Back