weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Entrance - I like the different take on the theme
Size - a fun shot I hope you got Ice cream too
Forgotten - two great shots I like the simplicity of the 1st one best
Stone - I prefer your stack of stones picture
Simple - simple but effective I like the diagonal waves

Thanks for taking the time to comment Alison .....much appreciated :)

Ahhhh very clever, took me a moment to work this one out, I 'sea' what it is now... really like the angle and colour Susie, smashing idea (y)

Thanks DK, I think I should have given it a name

I think your horizon's off there a tad Susie ? :D

Very clever nicely executed too :)

:D tis a bit sqiffy isn't it .

Thanks Cobra.

Took me forever to work this out and only clicked when I read the other comments.

Lovely colours and definitely nice and simple. Just enough to let you know what it is too as with a slight crop from the lower left corner, I doubt I'd ever have guessed! :)

Thanks for looking in Ian ... it is a bit confusing isn't it :)

Love the colours not so sure on the quirky angle thing

Thanks Allan ...I like being quirky sometimes o_O

very clever, a first glance I thought ot was a close up of some painted wood. Only clicked when I saw the comments above. Nicely done.

Thanks Steve ...I just wanted to do something a bit different.

Stone - I'm going to go against the general grain and agree with Emma & DK, the 5 stone stack is my preference. It's 'something a bit different' and I think it works well with the soft background.

Simple - That's a lovely colour. Vertical shots often need scrolling on my laptop, so at first I didn't know what the shot was of, though it became obvious as I scrolled down. The reveal actually made it more interesting for me :)

.. you been hang gliding again dear? o_O

Clever stuff, cool entry. (y)

Like the texture and the gradients, suits the theme really well to me.

Thanks Chris :)

I really like that Susie love the diagonal lines

Thanks Mark :)

Stone - I'm going to go against the general grain and agree with Emma & DK, the 5 stone stack is my preference. It's 'something a bit different' and I think it works well with the soft background.

Simple - That's a lovely colour. Vertical shots often need scrolling on my laptop, so at first I didn't know what the shot was of, though it became obvious as I scrolled down. The reveal actually made it more interesting for me :)

Thanks Tim ....I didn't intend to turn it, I was just messing about and thought 'I like that.' The sea was an amazing colour that day.o_O

.. you been hang gliding again dear? o_O

Clever stuff, cool entry. (y)

Hand gliding ... moi :eek: we actually weren't that high up above the beach, the waves were just catching the light in a rather strange way!

Hi Susie - the waves are a moment of genius! Really well thought out and well captured. Processing and finishing off all add a little bit of gloss and it ends up being a properly super image :clap: Brill!

Thank you for that Paul ....very much appreciated :)

I think I've stretched the limits of my cameras capability and my own in this one, these fungi are very small, the mushroom part at the top isn't that much bigger than a full stop, probably about 1mm, the blue head of the pin is just about 2mm. I spotted them growing underneath a carnivorous fly eating plant that belongs to my grandson and I think they're fascinating, they are so tiny but so perfect. Taken with my 45-250 lens with a Raynox 150 attached.

SIze reshoot.

Size TP 2016 (reshoot) Smaller than a pinhead by Susiejb, on Flickr

That is a beautiful image Susie. I like the mid-shot focus and the vibrant colours. Lovely macro. :clap:

Have you lost a leg Susie ? That slanty thing seems to be here to stay o_O
Otherwise a nice picture for the reshoot

That is a beautiful image Susie. I like the mid-shot focus and the vibrant colours. Lovely macro. :clap:

Thank you Carl ...it was on of those frustrating shots that I spent absolutely ages on but I just couldn't get any better focus. They are so tiny they are almost translucent which didn't help, so I'm really pleased you think it's okay and you like it :)

Have you lost a leg Susie ? That slanty thing seems to be here to stay o_O
Otherwise a nice picture for the reshoot

No ....just checked I still have two :D ....my excuse is that hubby has nurtured the plant all winter and I was given strict instructions not to disturb it, so I had to squash in at a funny angle. Thank you for looking in.

Last edited:
Stone - First one for me Susie - the colours are stunning.
Simple - The diagonal lines and the colours make this a brilliant shot.
Reshoot - Beautiful image:clap:

I prefer the stacked stones for your Stone shot as there is too much clutter in the beachside one and I find the seagulls distracting and would have been tempted to clone them out. But I love the colour of stack against the same colour oof background.

Simple is simply outsatnding :clap::clap::clap:

Reshoot of Size is way beyound my capabilities and you've managed to get an amazing amount of light into it.

Very nice Macro for your re shoot of size Susie lovely details and colours

Stone - First one for me Susie - the colours are stunning.
Simple - The diagonal lines and the colours make this a brilliant shot.
Reshoot - Beautiful image:clap:

Lovely macro Susie, plenty of detail in there :)

Simple, re-shoot Susie. Looks like a totally different world. Lots of things to look at. Like this a lot

I prefer the stacked stones for your Stone shot as there is too much clutter in the beachside one and I find the seagulls distracting and would have been tempted to clone them out. But I love the colour of stack against the same colour oof background.

Simple is simply outsatnding :clap::clap::clap:

Reshoot of Size is way beyound my capabilities and you've managed to get an amazing amount of light into it.

Very nice Macro for your re shoot of size Susie lovely details and colours

Chris sums it up.

Top stuff susie. (y)

Love it. :clap:

You done exceptionally well giving the equipment limitations. Spot on focus, soft bokeh, lighting and the added colour blue just make it a fantastic image. :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you very much everyone for those lovely encouraging comments ....very much appreciated.

Nice reshoot for Size, Susie. It's a good image and well captured. Only comment would be there's quite a bit in frame which isn't adding as much to the overall image for me. The OOF area could perhaps be a smaller or less instrusive component? I'd like to see more of the 'rooms :) A great technical capture though.

Sign - that's nicely taken, well lit and smartly processed. Really effective image with the shadow definitely making it more interesting again.

wholesome meal, but are we getting enough greens? ... I recommend a la butter garlic escargot stirfry.

Nice presentation, interesting shadows but seems to be lacking the interesting detail.

Last edited:
Love the presentation for sign Susie nice lighting and great composition some lovely detail

Interesting interpretation Susie, well thought out and presented :)

Brilliant concept Susie :clap: and nicely composed on that plain white bg.

Great reshoot for size, really like that you included the pin for scale.

Sign - good idea very well executed, I can see that hung on a wall.

Hi Susie,

Size (reshoot) - Stunning shot, and amazing magnification and quality. I like that, it looks like a completely different world.
Sign - Good idea for the theme and very well executed :)

Nice reshoot for Size, Susie. It's a good image and well captured. Only comment would be there's quite a bit in frame which isn't adding as much to the overall image for me. The OOF area could perhaps be a smaller or less instrusive component? I'd like to see more of the 'rooms :) A great technical capture though.
Sign - that's nicely taken, well lit and smartly processed. Really effective image with the shadow definitely making it more interesting again.

Thanks Paul ...it was one of those difficult ones, because the mushroom was so tiny, there isn't much definition it so a closer crop might have not looked right o_O

wholesome meal, but are we getting enough greens? ... I recommend a la butter garlic escargot stirfry.

Nice presentation, interesting shadows but seems to be lacking the interesting detail.

Ta d00d ...moi, eat snails ....never :puke:

Love the presentation for sign Susie nice lighting and great composition some lovely detail

Thank you Mark :)

Love your Sign shot, like the thought and compo / B/W and textures in it. :clap:

Thanks for looking in Nigel ...much appreciated :)

Interesting interpretation Susie, well thought out and presented :)

Thanks Cobra (y)

Excellent Susie, very stark interesting image (y)

Thanks Allan ....glad you like it.

Brilliant concept Susie :clap: and nicely composed on that plain white bg.

Thanks Carl ...it was difficult to think of something a bit different, glad you like it.

Really like this Susie, very original and love the lighting against the white background. Really good

Thank you Chris (y)

Great reshoot for size, really like that you included the pin for scale.

Sign - good idea very well executed, I can see that hung on a wall.

Thanks Chris ...I enjoyed doing that macro for a change.

That's a real nice effect on sign Susie...The whole presentation is very nice, liking the PP, lighting/shadow and the border, the snail is a real nice touch too :)

Thanks DK :)

Hi Susie,

Size (reshoot) - Stunning shot, and amazing magnification and quality. I like that, it looks like a completely different world.
Sign - Good idea for the theme and very well executed :)

Thanks Tim ...I agree ...you wouldn't even notice those tiny mushrooms without the benefit of macro....a fascinating tiny world.

That is great, love the light and that the flower is perfectly placed against the dark water

That is excellent Susie - as already commented, the lighting is just beautiful. :clap:

I do like Water Lily's Susie, and that is very nicely presented, well captured too :)

Back