weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Amazing,:D she doesn't look like an old relic.

What a clever take on the theme, nicely done

That's some café in the first ... is she Alice or fairy? The second one looks very Nania-ish. I don't think there's any chance of duplication for this theme - good thinking. :clap:

Susie, the ancient woodland and the colours, idea wow. Must if been a great sight.

I was also thinking of ancient woodlands as a possibility but I doubt mine would be anywhere near as interesting as yours, good idea, colourful and intriguing photos

Thank you all ...those two photos are just a tiny part of the whole thing ...the performance includes lots of singing, dancing, and storytelling, it lasts for two and a half hours, my youngest grandson is four and my eldest grandaughter is 20 but it captured everyone's imagination, such a brilliant setting ...more details here:

http://www.roguetheatre.co.uk/wild-woodland-summer-ball-in-tehidy-woods-2/

Both very good Susie but the first one definitely edges it for the strangeness of it, ancient woodland that was a good idea too

Very different take on ancient! Great tweaked photos.

2 nice idea's for ancient Susie, puts a whole new slant on it.
The second for me, it has a real magical feel about it :)

Two great fun yet full-of-interest shots susie. :clap:

Loving the wackiness of the door, wondering what - provided there's masses of woodland RHS - a sort of landscape or even pano shot would look o_O

Last edited:
Like your idea and the different take on the theme.

Thank you Stan.

Great fine. Like them both but #1 edges it.

Very surreal :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ....it certainly was something different.

Both very good Susie but the first one definitely edges it for the strangeness of it, ancient woodland that was a good idea too

Thanks Allan ....it's difficult to come up with something different sometimes.

Very different take on ancient! Great tweaked photos.

Thank you Bernd.

2 nice idea's for ancient Susie, puts a whole new slant on it.
The second for me, it has a real magical feel about it :)

Thanks Cobra, I like the second one too, it certainly did have a magical feel.

Two great fun yet full-of-interest shots susie. :clap:

Loving the wackiness of the door, wondering what - provided there's masses of woodland RHS - a sort of landscape or even pano shot would look o_O

Thanks d00d ....grandaughter had her camera and got a much better shot than me :(

I love both of these - it looks like a magical experience!

Thanks Emma ....definitely one I'll go to again.

Urban .....explanation o_O

I wasn't to happy with any general urban photos where I live and I'd been chatting to my grandaughter about her return this weekend to LSE for her last year. We were talking about the huge shock it was when she very first went to live in London after living in Cornwall. So I decided on a composite of her life here in Cornwall combined with her new life in London. I've used her photos for the London pics, her accommodation block is the sweeping one on the left, then I added in the jet skis from a local beach and various other bits, plus my grandaughter looking wistfully from the windows on the left. I wanted a slightly graffitti look to it ....confused ...never mind it's a new topic tomorrow :D

Urban TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
That is very well done Susie -brilliantly conceived and just as well put together. Urban of course with all those landmarks and even the brickwork bg. :clap:

LOL & very well thought out and processed Susie!

I like that a lot, a great concept with a good personal connection and very well executed. For me it's pick of the week by a long way, very well done :clap:

That is very well done Susie -brilliantly conceived and just as well put together. Urban of course with all those landmarks and even the brickwork bg. :clap:

LOL & very well thought out and processed Susie!

I like that a lot, a great concept with a good personal connection and very well executed. For me it's pick of the week by a long way, very well done :clap:

I thought its an excellent concept image of the difference between Urban and Rural life styles. Wonderful idea and well thought out and beautiful put together too. :clap:

Thanks you so much Carl, Cobra, Chris,Debbie and Stan, I spent absolutely ages doing it to get it to look right, so it was really encouraging that you liked it :ty:

I really like this susie ... the "sweeping" bit I'm not familiar with, but the bridge, big ben etc silhouetted against the brickwork is fab ... and the road sign ... :clap:

I really like this susie ... the "sweeping" bit I'm not familiar with, but the bridge, big ben etc silhouetted against the brickwork is fab ... and the road sign ... :clap:

Thanks d00d @d00d this is the original that she took of the accomodation block. It's ages since I spent much time doing something like this but I did enjoy it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 12
I'm glad you explained it because I couldn't quite work out what I was looking at. Thought it could have been someone else's artwork, but how you explain it that's very cleverly put together. [emoji1303]

I like the b&w tones too.

That "sweeping" building shot on it's own is enough to say Urban, nice one young lady. (y)

Like that, Susie, it has read depth. I like how it flows.

Cheers.

Always appreciate your comments Andy ...thank you.

I'm glad you explained it because I couldn't quite work out what I was looking at. Thought it could have been someone else's artwork, but how you explain it that's very cleverly put together. [emoji1303]

I like the b&w tones too.

Thanks for looking in Chris ...it took a fair bit of time to put together ...it's good to see that you like the finished result :)

Urban, has obviously taken some work not sure its for me but its well done and is of obvious meaning for yourself

Nice picture for pair well lit and a nice reflection, you can put your feet up now Suzy

Urban, has obviously taken some work not sure its for me but its well done and is of obvious meaning for yourself

Nice picture for pair well lit and a nice reflection, you can put your feet up now Suzy

Thank you for looking in Allan, I agree the composite isn't everyones choice, it's just something I've always liked doing, I like the creative side of things :)

I still have my reshoot, not sure what to go for :thinking:

Nice and simple, ( and I bet it took forever to set up! the simple ones always do don't they? )
And great reflections Susie.

I've got a bit behind with commenting but saw your ancient shots a couple of weeks ago and thought they were great, loved the magical feel to them and the colours. I'm torn between the two but think the second edges it for me, feels very surreal, like you have stumbled across a it in the middle of a woodland. Would have loved taking my kids to something like that.

Urban - that's a great POV in the original photo of the building and it works well in your composite. I had assumed that it was some sort of graffiti when I first saw it. Thanks for the explanation and background behind it.

Pairs - well set up and executed and I like the lighting. Did you manage to balance the scissors or have you propped them somehow? Not sure if it's my eyes but the reflection looks a little off somehow, is there a slight double reflection?

Nice and simple, ( and I bet it took forever to set up! the simple ones always do don't they? )
And great reflections Susie.

:) thanks Cobra .....the scissors did keep falling over :runaway:

Very nicely composed Susie and excellently taken. :clap:

Thanks Carl (y)

Another fabulous shot for Pair. Nice composition and well lit. Love the reflection too.

Thank you Stan very much appreciate your comment :)

I've got a bit behind with commenting but saw your ancient shots a couple of weeks ago and thought they were great, loved the magical feel to them and the colours. I'm torn between the two but think the second edges it for me, feels very surreal, like you have stumbled across a it in the middle of a woodland. Would have loved taking my kids to something like that.

Urban - that's a great POV in the original photo of the building and it works well in your composite. I had assumed that it was some sort of graffiti when I first saw it. Thanks for the explanation and background behind it.

Pairs - well set up and executed and I like the lighting. Did you manage to balance the scissors or have you propped them somehow? Not sure if it's my eyes but the reflection looks a little off somehow, is there a slight double reflection?

Thanks for taking so much time to comment Steve @SteveSc ....the Wild Woodland Ball was really magical, brilliant for kids and adults too.

Grandaughter does some excellent photos in London so I was happy to pinch some of them for my composite Urban :)

Pair ....the scissors did keep falling over, I tried sellotape, but ended up propping them up with a black lens cleaning cloth.
I don't think it's a double reflection, I've zoomed in and had a good look, I think the white ribbon by the scissors might be causing a slight optical illusion. I don't have any fancy lighting so I was pleased with this one, I just used a small reading lamp and angled it till I liked the result

Lovely idea and composition for urban :clap:
Pair - Again lovely composition - super shot:clap:

Hi Susie,
The colours in Ancient work really well and tell the story you're after imo. I do prefer the one with the actress over the door too.
Urban - That's a great piece of work there, the accommodation block looks really odd and I wouldn't have made out what it was in the composite until I saw your original of it. The shot of Westminster bridge does have a graffiti feel to it, so I think you nailed that too.
Pair - Strong black background and I like how you've used the reflection to give you a pair of pairs of scissors.

Very different approach to pair, and very well executed. Great lighting and reflections.

Lovely idea and composition for urban :clap:
Pair - Again lovely composition - super shot:clap:

Thank you Liz :)

Hi Susie,
The colours in Ancient work really well and tell the story you're after imo. I do prefer the one with the actress over the door too.
Urban - That's a great piece of work there, the accommodation block looks really odd and I wouldn't have made out what it was in the composite until I saw your original of it. The shot of Westminster bridge does have a graffiti feel to it, so I think you nailed that too.
Pair - Strong black background and I like how you've used the reflection to give you a pair of pairs of scissors.

Thank you Tim, much appreciate your dropping by.

Very different approach to pair, and very well executed. Great lighting and reflections.

Thank you Bernd :)

Don't know how I missed this when you posted it, I agree with everyone above, it is very well lit and a really good take on the theme.

On to re-shoot ....my intention was to try and do one of those gorgeous smooth water photos, but having tried every setting going on my camera I finally gave up ...for now. I will keep trying, not sure if my camera is actually capable of doing it ...but more than likely it's just me.

Walking up from the beach I noticed these beautiful poppies waving in the breeze, so I chose them as my re-shoot instead.

Flora re-shoot TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Back