The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of some folk that look as if they're enjoying a joke.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/170th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
The Joke-03318 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

George..... am I to assume that was taken at 55mm ?

Bit more exploring around the new home, this time the top of Zigzag Hill just outside of Shaftesbury.

X-T2, XF10-24, 2 shot pano with an ND Grad.

Zigzag Colour by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Zigzag BW by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

There will be more landscapes from me as we continue to explore this wonderful part of the country.

Memories of a mispent youth, me (Modified Opel Manta), my mates (Fiat X/19, MG Midget, Kawasaki 550), many Sunday afternoons on a deserted zigzag hill, we used to go up and down several times!! Roads were quieter then........

I'm a beginner (I know I've been here a little while but ill health has meant that I've done next to no photography over the last few years) and I'd like some advice please.

I'm hoping (health permitting!) to visit the Design Museum in London next week. I understand that photography is permitted, but flash photography is not.

I'll be taking my XT2 and either my 18-55 or my 18-135 - not sure which yet. I don't know if anything longer than the 18-55 is needed in museum?

I have no idea what the lighting is like or if there is any natural lighting. I was just wondering if any of you have any tips with regard to setting White Balance, ISO etc so that I can take some decent pictures of the exhibit? I know that if left to my own devices I'd probably leave everything on auto and hope for the best!

Thanks

Will you be using a tripod and are the exhibits static? If so then you could obviously go for a low SS. If n tripods, depending on how steady you are, you may be able to get down to 1/30 or even slower which may help.

I'm a beginner (I know I've been here a little while but ill health has meant that I've done next to no photography over the last few years) and I'd like some advice please.

I'm hoping (health permitting!) to visit the Design Museum in London next week. I understand that photography is permitted, but flash photography is not.

I'll be taking my XT2 and either my 18-55 or my 18-135 - not sure which yet. I don't know if anything longer than the 18-55 is needed in museum?

I have no idea what the lighting is like or if there is any natural lighting. I was just wondering if any of you have any tips with regard to setting White Balance, ISO etc so that I can take some decent pictures of the exhibit? I know that if left to my own devices I'd probably leave everything on auto and hope for the best!

Thanks

Use manual with auto ISO. Say f=as fast as possible. Shutter 1/125th, maybe 1/60th Nothing is going to be moving.
I’d use the electronic shutter. Very quiet.
Auto white balance. I reckon the 18-55 will be ok

Will you be using a tripod and are the exhibits static? If so then you could obviously go for a low SS. If n tripods, depending on how steady you are, you may be able to get down to 1/30 or even slower which may help.

Thanks.

I should have said, no tripod. I don't expect (but don't know for sure) that anything will be moving. I'm presuming it is all static.

Both the 18-55 and the 18-135 have OIS, so hopefully I can handhold at lower shutter speeds.

Use manual with auto ISO. Say f=as fast as possible. Shutter 1/125th, maybe 1/60th Nothing is going to be moving.
I’d use the electronic shutter. Very quiet.
Auto white balance. I reckon the 18-55 will be ok

Thanks.

I hadn't thought of using the electronic shutter, I've never used it before! But it makes sense in a museum.

The only reason I've considered the 18-55 is that it's smaller and lighter and (I think) slightly sharper than the 18-135.

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

Thanks.

I should have said, no tripod. I don't expect (but don't know for sure) that anything will be moving. I'm presuming it is all static.

Both the 18-55 and the 18-135 have OIS, so hopefully I can handhold at lower shutter speeds.

Personally I’d take the 18-55 as I’d be surprised if you needed anything longer (actually I’d take the 16mm F1.4 if I really had the choice), the 18-55 is just smaller, more discrete, an extended 18-135 with hood will draw attention!!

Thanks.

I hadn't thought of using the electronic shutter, I've never used it before! But it makes sense in a museum.

The only reason I've considered the 18-55 is that it's smaller and lighter and (I think) slightly sharper than the 18-135.

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

The 18-55 is sharper and goes F2.8 at the wide end, the 18-135 is quite as good optically but the OIS is better

The 18-55 is sharper and goes F2.8 at the wide end, the 18-135 is quite as good optically but the OIS is better

Thanks.

It looks like the 18-55 is the better choice then, as I'll get more light at the wide end, which I guess the majority of my shots will be at.

Thanks

It`s a bit of a mixed light, but still a crazy good place to visit. I would go 18-55, and you`ll probably use the wider. I got a few pix on my flickr page, taken with the 14mm (started with 23, but that came off pretty fast).

It`s a bit of a mixed light, but still a crazy good place to visit. I would go 18-55, and you`ll probably use the wider. I got a few pix on my flickr page, taken with the 14mm (started with 23, but that came off pretty fast).

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

No worries, hope you enjoy it. I know I`ll be going a good few times.
If you sign up on their site, you get updates on all the exhibitions, which I thought was handy.

Help required.
I am trying to connect my XT3 to my Macbook so i can import RAW files to Capture One 12 Fuji version.
I can take my SD card from the camera and plug into the macbook slot,, and import RAW files, but I would rather connect using a USB cable, to save constantly removing the SD card from the camera.
When the camera is connected, by USB, it is possible to transfer jpeg files to photos, but I cannot import using Capture One, the option is not shown in the import source.
When I had a Nikon, it was easy to connect and imprt raw files, but even though I have searched youtube and the internet, AND the instruction book!!, I cannot find the workflow method to import RAW files to Capture One.

Have you tried installing the fuji software for mac? Truth be told, you are more likely to damage the usb socket on the camera than you are the sd card or the card slot on the camera. I've been removing the card from my various cameras for 15 years and not broken either yet but I've had my fair share of mini and micro usb ports give up over the years. That said, the newer type C ports seem to be a lot more resilient.

Anyone got gas for the 16-80? I kinda have, but don`t really know why, considering I didn`t like the 12-120 back in my Nikon days. I also only have primes, so I`m getting confused as to why :banghead:

Have you tried installing the fuji software for mac? Truth be told, you are more likely to damage the usb socket on the camera than you are the sd card or the card slot on the camera. I've been removing the card from my various cameras for 15 years and not broken either yet but I've had my fair share of mini and micro usb ports give up over the years. That said, the newer type C ports seem to be a lot more resilient.

Thanks for the reply,
I will try the download, if I can get the files onto my Mac, I think then I can source the raw files on Capture and import them.
I think SD card slots are resilient, the one on a pc or Mac must be pretty good, because they can have dozens of cards a day put in them, just being a bit cautious I think.

I`m still loving mine.

The lens is great, I just don't think I'm much of a zoom guy. You'll make better use of it because you shoot gigs and like to adjust FL depending on your position, but having to change lenses on the fly doesn't get in my way too much.

@Cagey75 .....

16mm 1.4

That is a possible, and for 2 reasons - the close focus capability and the 1.4. Not so much the focal length, with the 16-55 I probably shot between 25 - 55 mostly so I'm not sure. Maybe if I can find one cheap-ish. Camera Jungle actually had one recently for a good price with 15% off, but they've changed that to only 10% now and the cheaper one is gone.
Didn't you move to Sony? That's also always a consideration

@Cagey75 .... I have a tripod foot in all camps bar Nikon....

I don't think i could handle that :D I like to keep it simple. Though, I guess if I had more money I might dabble about a bit more

I will keep 2 side by side, not covering the same focal lengths.

First fuji lens for my lighter weight kit. Bought it used from wex for what I consider a steal.
by Kyle, on Flickr

It's an amazing lens, but in what world is it part of a "lighter wight kit"? It's almost 250g heavier than the canon 70-200/4 is for example. I love mine, but it just doesn't find its way into my travel bag very often sadly. But have fun, it is definitely nice and sharp.

First fuji lens for my lighter weight kit. Bought it used from wex for what I consider a steal.
IMG_0283 by Kyle, on Flickr

“Congrat’s that’s a “Result” in my book, they’re a cracking lens. “ENJOY”.

George.

It's an amazing lens, but in what world is it part of a "lighter wight kit"? It's almost 250g heavier than the canon 70-200/4 is for example. I love mine, but it just doesn't find its way into my travel bag very often sadly. But have fun, it is definitely nice and sharp.

You are comparing an f2.8 with an f4 lens.......

Back