The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Well I don't believe it I'm now on to week 27 (yes I know it's Thursday tomorrow so I'll be behind again unless I sort it out today which is unlikely) but it means I have made it to the half way point for the first time in a few years!

Well I don't believe it I'm now on to week 27 (yes I know it's Thursday tomorrow so I'll be behind again unless I sort it out today which is unlikely) but it means I have made it to the half way point for the first time in a few years!

It's THURSDAY tomorrow?

:banana::banana::clap::banana::banana:

It's causing issues with me @Cobra .
I am totally flummoxed!
Well you have about 7 more weeks to think about it. I'm pretty sure a snappers choice in in there too :)
Just to cheer everyone up (in case they hadn't realised).
There are 6 techniques and 5 Snappers Choices in the year...
The Technique without a Snappers Choice in Technique 5...
So everyone has to be really nice to @Cobra towards the end of August ;)

Not long now. Glad to put the Sign behind me. Now for something new.
My friend put up a brilliant photo this week of her 3 whippets next to a 5mph sign which I was sorely tempted to pinch. Not sure whippets even know how to walk that slowly never mind run!!

The Technique without a Snappers Choice in Technique 5...
So everyone has to be really nice to @Cobra towards the end of August ;)
:LOL: I never spotted that
( or maybe I had and was keeping it as a surprise? ;) )

And so onto week 28...
I guess some people are feeling a little more Secure these days ;)

But of course that may leave some people feeling even less Secure as they did before!

Last edited:
I think I'm going to take a break from this year's 52. Things are getting too hectic and the thought of trying to catch up leaves me stressed instead of healthily challenged. I would rather re-start when I can enjoy it and be creative. I'm not sure if that will be later this year or leave it until 2021.

I'll hopefully drop in now and then as there are some amazing photos and even more amazing creativity. Thank you all who have taken the time to comment on my images and hats off to you all who are keeping the 2020 52 going.

I think I'm going to take a break from this year's 52. Things are getting too hectic and the thought of trying to catch up leaves me stressed instead of healthily challenged. I would rather re-start when I can enjoy it and be creative. I'm not sure if that will be later this year or leave it until 2021.

I'll hopefully drop in now and then as there are some amazing photos and even more amazing creativity. Thank you all who have taken the time to comment on my images and hats off to you all who are keeping the 2020 52 going.

I really like your stuff so that's a shame.

Sorry to hear this Lee, but in the times we are in I fully understand so take care and hope to see your images again.

Sorry to lose you ( for now) Lee.
But of course you are most welcome to jump back in anytime (y)
The "wall of shame" has been suspended, and has been since the lock down.
There is no shame whatsoever, if you have a few gaps against your name (y)

Sorry to hear that Lee. It's really not worth stressing about and putting yourself under pressure. Hope life gets less chaotic for you soon.

Thanks Dave. My knees will certainly enjoy the tilt screen :D:D

That was definitely a shock to me when I went from my first camera (a 600d - with a pull out, rotating screen and live view) to a 'classic' 5d with just a viewfinder.

Most of the time I just guess.

My knees will certainly enjoy the tilt screen
My M50 Macro set up has a pull out tilt and twist screen, but I never use it.
2 seconds to get down to take the shot and half hour to get back up, once the shot is in the bag though :D

Come back if/when you can Lee.
I'll see you at Rich's next London walk (hopefully)...

My M50 Macro set up has a pull out tilt and twist screen, but I never use it.
2 seconds to get down to take the shot and half hour to get back up, once the shot is in the bag though :D
Lol.. I find using my tripod as a support isn't a good look :LOL:

Looks a stunning camera from the previews. Unless you want the 8K of the R5, I'm not sure why anyone would go for anything other than the R6.
The pair look like game changers, similar to how Canon moved it up a notch when the 5D2 came out.
Thanks @LC2. I couldn't justify the price of the R5 - the R6 does everything I want and I'm looking forward to seeing what 11 years worth of technological advances is like :)

Thanks @LC2. I couldn't justify the price of the R5 - the R6 does everything I want and I'm looking forward to seeing what 11 years worth of technological advances is like :)
Well, if you do people photography (and if it works anything like my Fujis) you'll love the Eye AF when it works and swear at it when it doesn't - I set up a custom button to turn it off/on for the times it decides faces don't have eyes.
I'd love to go back to Canon file sizes too (of 1mp=1mb rather than 1mp=2mb) but the R's don't seem any smaller than the old FF bodies and the lenses are similarly huge.

Funnily enough I did have a Yamaha Fazer many moons ago :LOL:

My last bike (many moons ago) was a Kawasaki ZX-10. I still miss biking ;(

Ninja! I think I had more fun on my learner Honda MTX :)
Pre-Ninja :) Mine was the ZX10 Tomcat that was replaced by the first ZZR1100 :)

I've not owned a bike in years, the penultimate was a fully faired up Honda CB750 F1
And the last a Yammy XS 850 triple.

Me too.

Me too. I had two, the first and the last models.

I nearly bought what I think was the original Fazer - it looked like a baby VMax

Back