weekly Tony's 52'ers for 2018

Southwark Street SE1
That's the one I thought it was. I often walk past it on my way to Hot Munchies.
I wish I had thought of that (especially as I could have got a shot while getting chips yesterday).
Oddly, I saw something similar a little was down Southwark Street today, which I will be going back for tomorrow with a camera (assuming it isn't raining).
Anyway. Nicely captured. I believe you've done the art justice there.

That's a nice crop of an interesting subject.

Thank you

Interesting subject matter that. Nice find for the theme, crop works well.

:ty:

That's the one I thought it was. I often walk past it on my way to Hot Munchies.
I wish I had thought of that (especially as I could have got a shot while getting chips yesterday).
Oddly, I saw something similar a little was down Southwark Street today, which I will be going back for tomorrow with a camera (assuming it isn't raining).
Anyway. Nicely captured. I believe you've done the art justice there.
Yes Hot Munchies under the bridge, plenty of options down Southwark Street

Ahhhh that's a cool image Tony, not always keen on images of others art but this works well with the added thought of the crop, nice pastel tones to the processing too, like it (y)
Yes I do agree on images of other art, bit stuck on this one as I'm not keen on taken pictures off strangers and when walking past this I stopped and thought that would do and then to see what I could do PP. This is what I like about the 52'ers it gets the imagination going and helps with learning PP skills.

a VERY strong start to your 52 there Tony (y) People does stand out as a lateral slant, esp like the tone
Thanks, as above sometimes the picture is not going to be off much interest and a good opportunity to learn and change that it PP

Last edited:
People is intersting,and has a kind of Gerald Scarfe animation fel to it....

Great photo, I like colours with the WB slightly off (?), and the well chosen crop!

Nice one for the theme, nicely framed showing the windows behind. (y)

Great photo, I like colours with the WB slightly off (?), and the well chosen crop!
WB in PP was 'As Shot' and the camera was set to auto I think, Manually I dropped the highlights and quite heavy on the shadows with slight adjustments to the whites and blacks. Exposure +1

Nice one for the theme, nicely framed showing the windows behind. (y)
Thank you

Didn't get out much this week so had to think off something indoors, anyway a good opportunity this time to have a play with the 50mm 1.8 mk1 and a 13mm tube

Stark is on theme but Winter is to dark and don`t think you nailed the focus, but box ticked :)

Thanks Dave, Yes was on manual for focus and struggled a little on the M6 liveview screen, just gone an ordered an EVF-DC2 :).
I'll have another attempt once I get my hands on the EVF

Bang on theme Tony but doesn't stand out enough from the BG for me, perhaps it's the lighting, perhaps the BG material.:)

A good shot and on theme even though you do have a week to get a shot in, even though it`s two yrs old it`s good.

Yes just trying to get ahead off myself, I'm in the process off cleaning up my collection in LR and trying to get it more organized then came across this one so good opportunity to have a play with some PP

Winter is coming... hit's the brief and good low key photo!

Good use of DoF in your archive shot for 'over'! I guess now is not the best drone flying weather...

Hi Tony,

Stark - Maybe a little dark, but on theme and I don't know quite how you could make the subject lighter without the background doing the same.
Over - I tried talking drone shots last year (albeit not one as easy to fly as this one), and it's trickier than people think as they are not predictable (unlike planes etc.0
I does pop due to the good use of shallow DoF, but perhaps if you could have gotten it against the sky, not the tree / bush.
Oh, and it could do with a bit of cloning top right. I guess it's part of a tree or something, but it looks like a finger ;)

Hi Tony,

Stark - Maybe a little dark, but on theme and I don't know quite how you could make the subject lighter without the background doing the same.
Over - I tried talking drone shots last year (albeit not one as easy to fly as this one), and it's trickier than people think as they are not predictable (unlike planes etc.0
I does pop due to the good use of shallow DoF, but perhaps if you could have gotten it against the sky, not the tree / bush.
Oh, and it could do with a bit of cloning top right. I guess it's part of a tree or something, but it looks like a finger ;)

Definitely not a finger, had the 50-230mm zoom on but yes I agree should have spent some more time in PP

I'm going to take another go at the stark one, the EVF turned up today and will see if I can get some better focas

Definitely not a finger, had the 50-230mm zoom on but yes I agree should have spent some more time in PP

I'm going to take another go at the stark one, the EVF turned up today and will see if I can get some better focas
I didn't think it was a finger, but you see what I mean.
50-230mm. So, Fuji of some kind? You don't expose your exif.

People - good find for the theme and I like the composition
Stark - Is Dark but it is clear and it fits the theme
Over - the Drone really stands out from the background but I agree it could do with a slight crop

Stark - I have to agree the word winter is a bit dark and the focus could be a bit sharper, but works for the theme.

Over - maybe a slightly closer crop to make the image much stronger, but another theme done, feet up till the next theme.

I really like the drone shot, as has been said it really stands out from the OOF background. I had a similar idea initially as I was given a cheapo toy type drone for Christmas but my skills are somewhat lacking when it comes to flying it let alone taking a picture at the same time :)

Hi Tony, I'm just catching up on your images since my last visit and People is a cracker! Well spotted, lots of interest and well composed and cropped. I also like your reshoot of Stark, which brings out the details much more clearly against a lighter background and I think the angle and focus of this one works better too (y)

Hi Tony

I am preferring your first shot for Stark, as the ring in the second is too bright and keeps pulling my eye towards it, though I really like the angle and view of the shot - so the first one for me, a nice dark image that suits the theme :)

Hi Tony, I'm just catching up on your images since my last visit and People is a cracker! Well spotted, lots of interest and well composed and cropped. I also like your reshoot of Stark, which brings out the details much more clearly against a lighter background and I think the angle and focus of this one works better too (y)

Thank You Andrea, you've properly read my previous comments about not liking taking pictures off strangers so this was a good alternative for me.

Hi Tony

I am preferring your first shot for Stark, as the ring in the second is too bright and keeps pulling my eye towards it, though I really like the angle and view of the shot - so the first one for me, a nice dark image that suits the theme :)

That was my original thinking not to show the ring but with the change off angle then it's difficult not to have it. Maybe a darker exposure for the top half but I went just for DoF. Appreciate you feedback though. Thank you.

That was my original thinking not to show the ring but with the change off angle then it's difficult not to have it. Maybe a darker exposure for the top half but I went just for DoF. Appreciate you feedback though. Thank you.
Just toning down the ring with a small brush reducing the exposure or highlights may have done the trick, as I much prefer the detail and angle of that one :)

Back