Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is quiet sad what has happened to the 52 since the little clique made their comments about personal lives and catching up, used to be such a friendly part of the forum away from the "gear wars" on much of the rest of the forum. I do hope that the new blood coming in and the clique off doing their own thing might result in the 52 getting its sense of fun back.:)
I'm sure the the project will get off to a great start, it always has done over the years I have been doing it.

Not wanting to moan and introduce negativity I am exhausted and I very nearly chucked the challenge in the other day, but I managed to get catch up images done and get myself up to date. Sorry for not getting around to comment, even typing this up is hard work for me at the moment.

My wife has booked a week away from Monday, at least I think it's Monday [emoji848]and we are off to Puerto Rico, so I'm hoping it will help me recharge a bit.

Thought some might be interested in this,
View attachment 140330

Look at the difference between these images, I reckon there is at least a 1/3rd of a stop difference between the two, one is on flickr and the other on the forum. Any ideas why this should be so? It occurs to me that when we also take into account monitor calibration the image I see on lightroom and the image you see by the time it gets on forum can be vastly different. I am not having a moan about the forum just interested in why? and whether we can do much about it?
I have seen this before, I assume it is just how the forum software compresses the image when it is embedded on a thread.

I will finish my 52 this year but sadly not a cat in hells chance of joining in the 2019 52 as my post in my thread explains why. I will be having a very good rest and plan to get my self Fit and will be back for 2020 52, so I wish all the New 52 members a great time to have fun and show off your great photography.

I will finish my 52 this year but sadly not a cat in hells chance of joining in the 2019 52 as my post in my thread explains why. I will be having a very good rest and plan to get my self Fit and will be back for 2020 52, so I wish all the New 52 members a great time to have fun and show off your great photography.

I'm really sad and sorry you decided not to part take next year. You've been a very proactive member here over the years and have been fun having you in the challenge. I fully understand your decision and wish you all the very best luck for 2019 but please do pop in sometimes you're always welcome. (y)

I'm really sad and sorry you decided not to part take next year. You've been a very proactive member here over the years and have been fun having you in the challenge. I fully understand your decision and wish you all the very best luck for 2019 but please do pop in sometimes you're always welcome. (y)

Thanks Stan, I have to really get my health sorted, so as it was a wake up call I have to get it sorted. I will pop in and comment on the images for 2019 and the only reason I would not is, something goes wrong in the operation I will have to undergo.

Sorry to see you go Dave, I fully understand why, but if you feel like jumping back in at any point, you know you are welcome to (y)

Just want to say that even though you don't know me, I wish you all the best Dave, my thoughts are with you and I hope that 2019 is a great year for you.:)
I'll look forward to seeing some more of your amazing images here very soon I hope.

Sorry to see you go Dave, I fully understand why, but if you feel like jumping back in at any point, you know you are welcome to (y)

Cheers Chris. As the saying says... Never say Never :)

Just want to say that even though you don't know me, I wish you all the best Dave, my thoughts are with you and I hope that 2019 is a great year for you.:)
I'll look forward to seeing some more of your amazing images here very soon I hope.

Thank you Gareth.

It's Thursday! Near 5 years of 52's I'm still looking forward to the new theme every week.

Where is our
idom3Pr.jpg
@Cobra. I'm waiting...... my 259th theme!
W30lNnx.gif
8lY7efj.gif

So, you are almost there...
I think it must be Party (time) (y)

Last edited:
Having been to a few parties over the last few weekends I've not really got anything planned party-wise this week. I'm sure i can set something up though (y)

Oooh!

It’s my birthday on Saturday :)

There’s talk of an all day session at Hawkshead Brewery! :D

It’s my birthday on Saturday :)

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Dave :beer::clap::banana:

Bet you got sick of the old 'joint-Birthday-and-Christmas-present' ploy as a kid?!
I know my brother did, but then again his presents always seemed twice as good as mine!:D

Well that's strange, my post to join the 52 in 2019 has been removed and I do not have sufficient privileges to reply to the thread. Appears I have been banned from next years 52!

Well that's strange, my post to join the 52 in 2019 has been removed and I do not have sufficient privileges to reply to the thread. Appears I have been banned from next years 52!
I was about to PM you but as you posted openly.

After a long discussion with "some people" and the site admin,
the following conclusions have been reached.
The 52 has been running for 9 years, without issues or problems, but a few of your posts and comments the latter half of this year, have made a few people leave
and some of the regulars not rejoin.

You cannot post in the 2019 discussion thread, nor sign up thread or the post your images here thread.
There is nothing to stop you from following the 52 in 2019, starting your own thread, and comment on others threads, or them commenting on yours,
However, should you or other members desire,
or indeed you ask I can excluded people from posting on other peoples threads also.

I was about to PM you but as you posted openly.

After a long discussion with "some people" and the site admin,
the following conclusions have been reached.
The 52 has been running for 9 years, without issues or problems, but a few of your posts and comments the latter half of this year, have made a few people leave
and some of the regulars not rejoin.

You cannot post in the 2019 discussion thread, nor sign up thread or the post your images here thread.
There is nothing to stop you from following the 52 in 2019, starting your own thread, and comment on others threads, or them commenting on yours,
However, should you or other members desire,
or indeed you ask I can excluded people from posting on other peoples threads also.
LOL!

No one, least of all me is going to shoot the messenger. Quote from Cobra

Last edited:
A very Merry Christmas to all my fellow 52ers, and indeed anyone and everyone here at TP.:)

full

Thank you to everyone on the 52 boards for welcoming me so warmly, and for being patient with my somewhat newbie critique style.

**Raises glass** Here's to a successful and productive year for everyone! :banana::clap:

And a very merry yule to you Gareth and all my fellow "class of 2018" who have entered into the spirit of the 52.

Enjoy the season of goodwill.

12d08fac3508b0fd8720fdcf03315e28.jpg

And now, the end is near
And so we face the final curtain...
Congrats to all that made it this far (y)

Tomorrow I may not be "connected" till late so have an early one. or wait until tomorrow to open it, either way, you lucky lucky people :D

So this is it, and its a Showcase week! Show me your best shot from 2018, and say why it's the best. Either post a previous one, retake a previous one or take what you consider to be the best ever image from 2018 ... enjoy (y)

Last Thursday of the year tomorrow and I wonder what's in the bag for our last theme of the year. :thinking:
Well, you didn't have to wait that long did you? No peeping now :p

And now, the end is near
And so we face the final curtain...
Congrats to all that made it this far (y)

Tomorrow I may not be "connected" till late so have an early one. or wait until tomorrow to open it, either way, you lucky lucky people :D

So this is it, and its a Showcase week! Show me your best shot from 2018, and say why it's the best. Either post a previous one, retake a previous one or take what you consider to be the best ever image from 2018 ... enjoy (y)

What a fantastic day and theme @Cobra as Flickr staff have managed to help me get my Flickr account back up and running, so as I had a peep I know just what image to post :cool::fuji:

Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise, but I have a question regarding the theme....so....

Should I post one of the very few images I have entered this year, or can I just post anything as long as it is awesome!? (Bit of a stretch for me I know!! :D )

but I have a question regarding the theme....so....
Read it again, the answer is in there (y)
(Basically yes to the latter)

Thank you Chief and thanks for the patient through the year. Have a nice few days off and looking forward to the next one.

tvhCq4b.gif
:cobra:
No Problem Stan and thank you all for participating, Unfortunately its a 12/ 13 hour day Thursday& Fri with limited access to tinternet, and and not a day off :(

Read it again, the answer is in there (y)
(Basically yes to the latter)

Thanks @Cobra , I was squinting at your spoiler alert in order to not see it clearly and thereby not spoiling it for myself!:D

And another big thank you from me for all your hard work, and for not minding me cluttering up the threads!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back