Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

My Entrance shot was a bit late...I went on a bike trip to Wales, took a camera and several lenses, spare batteries......but no card :banghead:

Still catching up on comments, life been a bit hectic recently.

Am I the only one struggling with this weeks theme ? Been scratching my head with this one !
Lambs? buds on flowers? Kids? Puppies? kittens? Jimmy? no scratch that :D

Nearly up to date with comments but YOUNG isn't making its presence felt as yet. It will be a shoehorn for sure.
As Mandy said, the drop off rate seems to be consistent with other years. I said a couple of years back that the difficulty isn't the themes or the photography, it's all about the commenting. I try to comment on everything and acknowledge everyone's comments on my images. Of course some are overlooked, and it is very time consuming. Having said that, it is the commenting which makes it all worthwhile.

Actually looking forward to this weeks, so make it a good one.

Chomping at the bit here :banana::banana::banana:

Easy.

Its easy to take a food photo, lots of bowls of fruit incoming. Tricky to get something interesting.

Would you look at that - the new theme is announced just around lunch time... ;)
Talking of that, has anyone seen the Facebork page "Rate my plate"?
A friend linked it to me, People post their meals on there ( as you would guess) and it truly is a WTF moment!
A lot of people don't seem to be able to cook these days, Bacon still squealing, veggie ( slop) meals that are enough to turn you "Carnivore"
Sausages so cremated I expected to see a priest conducting the service ....

Talking of that, has anyone seen the Facebork page "Rate my plate"?
A friend linked it to me, People post their meals on there ( as you would guess) and it truly is a WTF moment!
A lot of people don't seem to be able to cook these days, Bacon still squealing, veggie ( slop) meals that are enough to turn you "Carnivore"
Sausages so cremated I expected to see a priest conducting the service ....
The comments are the best bit of that page though.

Hmmm... Steam trains use coal for food :rolleyes::exit:

So....the theme is food?

I have a bit of a tummy upset at the moment....

...is it necessary for the food to be uneaten first? :puke:

:LOL:
:LOL:
Preferably yes :D

that the difficulty isn't the themes or the photography, it's all about the commenting.

I agree with this completely! Taking and entering photos doesn't take up a lot of my time, and I could do a 52 quite easily if it was just entering a photo each week. The difficulty comes in trying to find the time to comment on each photo. It's really easy to miss a few days and then suddenly you've got dozens to comment on. Commenting is equally as important as entering though, as that's what makes entering the 52 project worthwhile. No point taking a photo each week if you don't give and receive helpful feedback.

I think the best way is to come onto the forum regularly and comment on photos as they come up. Leaving it a week and commenting on 20 photos in one go can be very hard work lol.

I agree with this completely! Taking and entering photos doesn't take up a lot of my time, and I could do a 52 quite easily if it was just entering a photo each week. The difficulty comes in trying to find the time to comment on each photo. It's really easy to miss a few days and then suddenly you've got dozens to comment on. Commenting is equally as important as entering though, as that's what makes entering the 52 project worthwhile. No point taking a photo each week if you don't give and receive helpful feedback.

I think the best way is to come onto the forum regularly and comment on photos as they come up. Leaving it a week and commenting on 20 photos in one go can be very hard work lol.
I don't think anyone expects anyone else to comment on every photo. I just do a few at random. But i also try to give the good and some critical feedback.

I don't think anyone expects anyone else to comment on every photo. I just do a few at random. But i also try to give the good and some critical feedback.
Exactly that /\ As I say at the start of each challenge it will be nigh on impossible to comment on everyone's images, at least try and reciprocate so everyone gets a few comments.
As much as I am against making it formal, if the commenting thing is putting people off, then maybe I should say "Comment on 3 or 4 images above yours" in the main image thread, for the next one, or even this current one. Better that than lose half the members (y)

"Comment on 3 or 4 images above yours" in the main image thread, for the next one, or even this current one. Better that than lose half the members (y)

That's what I've been doing this year and latter part of last year just trying to encourage others to stay on.

I just comment on the ones that take my fancy or ones I feel I can give an opinion.

Back home from hols and we finally have our Fibre Broadband ....only waited two months ...just need to sort the bill out now :eek:

I'm on catch up, but still here, will get stuck in this week.

I agree with Carl its a pain when you get behind with comments, I'll just start afresh this week and catch as many as I can.

Last edited:
Back