TP 52'ers Class of 2016 Discussion thread Week 52 we made it! time to celebrate /( celebrations)

I entered for abandoned the old Britons Building I entered it in to the print of the year section for Architecture and came 1st!
Excellent Mark congrats (y)

Well I'm catching up just got this weeks to do now and I've now submitted more images then last year.

I also had a good result with a version of one of the images I entered for abandoned the old Britons Building I entered it in to the print of the year section for Architecture and came 1st! Didn't win overall print of the year but I was well chuffed to win a section especially as I'm in the general league.
Well done Mark:clap:

Last edited:
I'm back! Anyone miss me? :D

@Cobra - Thanks for helping me sort out my TP connection problems. Sadly, the problem persisted, so I kind of gave up and got on with trying to survive my holiday (I was sleep deprived most of the time and the merciless sun was boiling me alive every day, even when it rained). :p

Anyway, looking forward to catching up on all my themes (not really :LOL:) and comments. :help:

I'm back! Anyone miss me? :D
Of course we did :)

( its been lovely :D )

@Cobra - Thanks for helping me sort out my TP connection problems. Sadly, the problem persisted,
Bugger :( it should have been sorted, once you or at least your location was was taken off the discourage list.

Snap! just tried a bunch and it times out after 2 seconds or less. One is not even an image, apparently :rolleyes:
And you're right the "old uploader" is just as crap. This is getting f*****g silly TBH,
Thinking of cancelling my subs and going to 500px or something.

edit, seems the problem is world wide
https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157668281980390/
Thanks.... on there I have found out you can post to an email address... oddly it is the quickest one has ever uploaded :D

Well I'm catching up just got this weeks to do now and I've now submitted more images then last year.

I also had a good result with a version of one of the images I entered for abandoned the old Britons Building I entered it in to the print of the year section for Architecture and came 1st! Didn't win overall print of the year but I was well chuffed to win a section especially as I'm in the general league.
Congratulations Mark - I loved the first one of that set especially :)

@Dark Knight Looks like flicker has finally got its arse into gear Dean,
don't know how long for though !

( its been lovely :D )

:punch:

Bugger :( it should have been sorted, once you or at least your location was was taken off the discourage list.

Well, never mind. Thanks for helping anyway! :p

Means nothing without Photo's :naughty:

Ashamedly, I didn't take very many photos... for the same reason. I was so sleep deprived and so hot the whole time I nearly lost the will to live, never mind think about photography! :wacky:

I was so sleep deprived and so hot the whole time I nearly lost the will to live
Was this a holiday you went on? you'll have to remind me :D

@Dark Knight Looks like flicker has finally got its arse into gear Dean,
don't know how long for though !
It sure hasn't been very reliable lately has it :(

But I have a lot invested in time and images on there, so very hard to move away !!

But I have a lot invested in time and images on there, so very hard to move away !!
True enough, but the way I look at it, the images are still there, and at the moment 500px is cheaper per year than flickr,
and as yet, I've never heard anyone bitch about that one.

Was this a holiday you went on? you'll have to remind me :D
:LOL:

I suppose it was more of a visit home than a holiday. There was a lot to catch up (friends, family) and a lot of food to eat and fun activities with friends. It was all very nice, just extremely exhausting. :p

True enough, but the way I look at it, the images are still there, and at the moment 500px is cheaper per year than flickr,
and as yet, I've never heard anyone bitch about that one.
Good point (y)

But... which is the best, cheaper doesn't swing it for me ALL of the time

:LOL:

I suppose it was more of a visit home than a holiday. There was a lot to catch up (friends, family) and a lot of food to eat and fun activities with friends. It was all very nice, just extremely exhausting. :p
Sounds good to me... you know when you have had a good holiday, when you need a holiday to get over it (y)

But... which is the best,
There seems to be a lot of people on there, from comments I've seen round and about on TP,
As to which is best, I honestly don't know. My Flickr subs are due in November I'll see how it goes till about Sept.
Too many more f*** ups though and I'm jumping ship.
(I ditched PhotoBucket years ago for the same reason.)
If you read the flickr forum, it seems that a lot of people are getting disheartened with it,
which is a shame as it was the trend setter a few years ago.
cheaper doesn't swing it for me ALL of the time
Me either TBH

I went from Photobucket to Flickr to PicasaWebAlbums to Google+ to PhotosGoogle

The last three are all the same thing really. But I don't know if you can see all the EXIF info laid out as you can in Flickr. I've never looked into all the settings.

Anyway, I'm here to announce ... "Thursday is the new Friday" ... Yay :banana:

I quite like flickr for hosting the finished images. I use Imgur for hosting pullbacks, SOOC etc.

When people say they pay for Flickr or 500px... what does that get you? I can't see what the attraction of paying for it would be unless you get something really worthwhile in terms of functionality?? :thinking: I must be missing something!

I quite like flickr for hosting the finished images. I use Imgur for hosting pullbacks, SOOC etc.

When people say they pay for Flickr or 500px... what does that get you? I can't see what the attraction of paying for it would be unless you get something really worthwhile in terms of functionality?? :thinking: I must be missing something!
I've thought the same myself, Paul.

Unlimited storage capacity from what I gather, but what else?

Ah... I get that from Google Drive which I use for keeping my rolling backups on as well. Only downside is how long 1TB takes to upload at a measly 1Mb/s... :( (yes, it's about 90 days to get that first upload put up there in the cloud!)

I only use the free flickr not used 500px may take a look.

Not really sure what paying for either service gets you but then I have never really looked at it from that point of view

Ah... I get that from Google Drive which I use for keeping my rolling backups on as well. Only downside is how long 1TB takes to upload at a measly 1Mb/s... :( (yes, it's about 90 days to get that first upload put up there in the cloud!)
That's what you get for living in the sticks, Paul.

We're getting 13Mbps upload speed here in Bishy (I won't tell you what the DL speed is ;) ).

When people say they pay for Flickr or 500px... what does that get you?
You get unlimited storage, no adverts and detailed stat's on your images and views of images.
TBH I can't remember why I had pro in the first place, it may have a been a cheap / free offer and I just forgot to cancel it.
Its about $25 / year.

Anyway, I'm here to announce ... "Thursday is the new Friday" ... Yay :banana:
Indeed it is, but I can't do it from here, it'll be a late evening one today guys, feel free to moan and bitch :p

Indeed it is, but I can't do it from here, it'll be a late evening one today guys, feel free to moan and bitch :p

Thats ok take as long as you need @Cobra no need to rush!:):jaffa:

This has nothing to do with the fact I still have to sort out my image for forgotten yet oh no it defiantly hasn't.......

Added bonus is my loft is currently 40 degrees :eek: According to the system diagnostics this still counts as "normal operating temperature" though... I do think I'm going to have to relocate it all to the garage at some point, mind... nothing like having a heated garage courtesy of HP!
Sounds ideal for a (second) man cave [emoji106]

waiting.gif

:)

Back