Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 discussion thread week 52 weather ( and done)

I hate snakes except pink ones:p I don't even like worms and I trained as a gardener:p but I have an idea about curves.

Is that what you kids are calling it these days
That's just what a snake does just before it eats you ....

... erm this is going down the pan isn't it?
:D

:LOL:
As you failed with that how about "dirty"?
:D
That would have done :D

I'm in the middle of nowhere for the next several hours, so you had better have an early one, while I have a signal ....

I can't wait for these submissions, especially from the ladies :D
Curves ...
Oooo even better, long weekend so can handle having a few attempts on Curves :naughty:

Good news is that Im pretty sure Ive nailed Curve,
Bad news is my PC says no room to download the 750+ images from Silverstone Motogp TODAY - Im back tomo as well !!!!!
Anyone got a 6 tb ext hard drive for sale ?

Broke my flippin' foot just before going down a cave yesterday :(, on the plus side I still bottomed the cave and got out and back down the fell under my own steam. On the minus side, aint gonna be doing much outdoors for a while...
P8270017.jpg

Smiling through the pain :D
P8260518-3.jpg

Broke my flippin' foot just before going down a cave yesterday :(, on the plus side I still bottomed the cave and got out and back down the fell under my own steam. On the minus side, aint gonna be doing much outdoors for a while...
View attachment 109305

View attachment 109306

Ouch, glad it`s not too bad but on a bright side Thursdays theme could be Plastered :D

new 1TB hdd ordered, should be here by Tuesday hopefully.

Really frustrating as all my cards are now full of Motogp and I cant even lift the camera up as Ive run out of cards and HDD space....

Even more so as its Bank Holiday Monday......

FML.....

View attachment 109305

View attachment 109306
:eek: Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that Chris...sending wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

@sirch tough gig with the leg btw ! I never delete off card, only when imported into LR. My comment was purely conversational as Ive ordered a 1tb hdd for Wednesday.....

Ouch, sounds like a painful day, Chris, but you did brilliantly to get to the bottom and out again with a broken foot, and smiling too! :clap:

Good news is that Im pretty sure Ive nailed Curve,
Yay !!
Bad news is my PC says no room to download the 750+ images from Silverstone Motogp TODAY - Im back tomo as well !!!!!
Booooooo !!!
Anyone got a 6 tb ext hard drive for sale ?
I wish... I am going through my back catalogue slowly deleting a load of not used or needed stuff, but in a similar position, thinking of swapping out my internal HDD to SSD for 'current' photos and getting another 2 or 4 TB external drive for on site back-up :thinking:

Now have circa 1000 images from Silverstone and cant get them onto the PC......Grrr.......
Booooo again !!!

I'm actually...early posting :eek:
Oh My... is it the old Posiview back in the game :)

Broke my flippin' foot just before going down a cave yesterday :(,
Oh my goodness - doesn't sound good Chris, hope you are okay :(

on the plus side I still bottomed the cave and got out and back down the fell under my own steam. On the minus side, aint gonna be doing much outdoors for a while...
View attachment 109305

View attachment 109306
Good effort :clap:

591 from Wings and Wheels (Dunsfold) today.
Hahaa glad it is not only me that comes back with that many shots from a whole day :D

new 1TB hdd ordered, should be here by Tuesday hopefully.
And back to a YAY !!! for you :)

Really frustrating as all my cards are now full of Motogp and I cant even lift the camera up as Ive run out of cards and HDD space....

Even more so as its Bank Holiday Monday......

FML.....
Do you have any cloud storage like OneDrive or dropbox you could lob the on ??

Ouch, sounds like a painful day, Chris, but you did brilliantly to get to the bottom and out again with a broken foot, and smiling too! :clap:
Thanks Andrea, with hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea but at the time I just thought I'd sprained it.

Well as of tomorrow I will be going all Fuji, Jessops have my new X-T2 & XF 18-55mm in for me to pick up at lunch time :banana::banana::beer::fuji::woot:

Exciting times, Dave! You've been posting some impressive images with the new kit. Do you have any regrets at all about switching from a DSLR system? What's the best thing about the new system?

PS: To keep it on topic, I'm up-to-date with themes and commenting for the first time in ages and ready for Thursday :woot:

Last edited:
Exciting times, Dave! You've been posting some impressive images with the new kit. Do you have any regrets at all about switching from a DSLR system? What's the best thing about the new system?

Thanks Andrea, the main thing was weight from the Canon gear kept getting me to have a steroid injection in my shoulder as have arthritis, since using the X-T20 and XC 50-230mm it has been a dream as not one bit of pain at all, even though it does come in on winter sometimes. The IQ and Fuji colours are just great for me, plus it really is a joy to walk round with the X-T20 hanging off my neck, when we went to the airshow, I thought the XC50-230mm would be too short, but as I always crop once I saw some of the shots I thought, that`s good, plus battery life was great, as I took 1,650 Raf/Jpegs and still had battery to look through them.

Not one regret at all :)

Last edited:
Thanks Andrea, the main thing was weight from the Canon gear kept getting me to have a steroid injection in my shoulder as have arthritis, since using the X-T20 and XC 50-230mm it has been a dream as not one bit of pain at all, even though it does come in on winter sometimes. The IQ and Fuji colours are just great for me, plus it really is a joy to walk round with the X-T20 hanging off my neck, when we went to the airshow, I thought the XC50-230mm would be too short, but as I always crop once I saw some of the shots I thought, that`s good, plus battery life was great, as I took 1,650 Raf/Jpegs and still had battery to look through them.

Not one regret at all :)

Haha, good to hear! I've just begun to find the weight of a bag with body and 2/3 lenses to be an issue sometimes. I could probably change some of my heavier lenses as I don't do much action stuff any more, and I've considered changing to a smaller and lighter DX set-up from my current full-frame kit, but having seen you going through the decision process to mirrorless it's got me wondering if that might be a better move in the medium-long term. I'm in England in a couple of weeks so will try to handle some of the Fuji stuff to get a better idea of the size and weight.

Glad you're enjoying the new gear, and not finding it holding you back at all. That spider photo you posted on Flickr this evening was stunning in it's detail and colours (y)

Back