Vanishedbob's All New Fifty Two. Year 2.

Stone: a really interesting image with plenty of detail and a lovely colour range, great spot and good job.
Tall: a very nice image and another good job, and nice take on the theme (it is a shame about the small white dot though)

Great idea for Tall, i agree with others would like to see more of the bottle.

Only one 'fault',

there's no bourbon in the glass, all I see in condensation. ;)

Really nice idea. Gonna go with the majority in wanting to see more of the bottle. It looks like it's trying to hide :)

I would like to have seen something in the glass just for the colour of the bourbon

Tall

Lovely lighting, subject and composition. All round a good job.

A different idea for the theme. I agree re other comments about the bottle but a decent drink does it for me ;)

Week 5

Snapper's Choice.

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.

An archive from a few weeks ago, after the first snowfall of the winter. Undercliffe Cemetery In Bradford. One of my regular go to's . Not the first time and likely not the last submission I have submitted a 52 from there.

More on this incredibly photogenic place here: https://www.undercliffecemetery.co.uk/

IMG_0055-2 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last :)

Nice image David, I like the way the 2 monuments frame the rest of the image.

I'm wondering where all the people have gone... Vanished... (Username checks out)

Looks like a very cool location.

Lovely lead in lines to the horizon, i thought it was a black and white image at first.

Nicely composed shot.. the footprints in the snow definitely add rather than detract from the image.

Tall - Good colours and the dark background suits it.
Snapper Choice - a lovely snowy scene, the foot prints lead nicely through it.

Good composition on snappers choice, the footprints add a touch of intrigue to the image for me.

I love the light in that, it really adds to the eerieness.

Snappers choice
Very atmospheric and moody. It looks like a scene from a spy thriller movie.

Snappers Choice
Looks a bit like a selenium tone, certainly looks a great place for photography. Would be interested in seeing it slightly zoomed out where the smaller point on the left doesn't reach the top edge

Week 6. Pair.

Take your pick. No Entry Signs or Palm Trees.......

Photograph taken at the desireable, Leeds Dock/Brewery Wharf/Calls area of Leeds, near the City Centre.

IMG_1014 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
I had to look for the palm trees... a hidden pair :) .
Leeds certainly looks very quiet..

And directional arrows on the road. I'd have top agree about the lamp post, but clearly there's nothing you could do about that, barring a crop.

I rather like the loneliness of this David. The two No entry signs are nicely on theme.

Nice use of the old horn of shoe :) Nice scene :)

A nice walk through image, I must say though that palm trees aren’t the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Leeds :)

Leeds on a slope, the no entry signs always should be a pair. Nice colours in the picture, shame about the lamp post disappearing off the top of the Image.

Pete

Pair
That works. After closer inspection (and I find this a little weird), out of a photo, that could on the face of it produce many, many pairs, there aren't actually that many.

Apologies David, first time I have got around to looking into your 52.
I must admit, I had to have a good look around your 'pair' image to pick out the theme. That's no bad thing in my book, it makes the viewer stop a while and really look at the image.
I was left wondering perhaps if the stop signs would be the main subject with a letterbox crop along the bottom of the image leaving the person in for that added human element.
Good work, look forward to seeing more of your 52.

Oh I do like that!

Great idea and the composition is excellent. I can imagine it with text on as a movie poster.

That's very well done. Good and contrasty.

... or could we have had some swirling down the plughole? ;)

I had to look for the palm trees... a hidden pair :) .
Leeds certainly looks very quiet..
Very subtle and initially, I couldn't find a pair until I read the narrative. The lamp post on the right is a distraction though.
And directional arrows on the road. I'd have top agree about the lamp post, but clearly there's nothing you could do about that, barring a crop.
I rather like the loneliness of this David. The two No entry signs are nicely on theme.
I'd spotted the no entry signs but not the trees. I like how the road takes your eye through the image and the solitary person adds to the feel of the image,
Nice use of the old horn of shoe :) Nice scene :)
A nice walk through image, I must say though that palm trees aren’t the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Leeds :)
Leeds on a slope, the no entry signs always should be a pair. Nice colours in the picture, shame about the lamp post disappearing off the top of the Image.

Pete
Pair
That works. After closer inspection (and I find this a little weird), out of a photo, that could on the face of it produce many, many pairs, there aren't actually that many.
Apologies David, first time I have got around to looking into your 52.
I must admit, I had to have a good look around your 'pair' image to pick out the theme. That's no bad thing in my book, it makes the viewer stop a while and really look at the image.
I was left wondering perhaps if the stop signs would be the main subject with a letterbox crop along the bottom of the image leaving the person in for that added human element.
Good work, look forward to seeing more of your 52.
very good interpretation of the film nice composition too
Oh I do like that!

Great idea and the composition is excellent. I can imagine it with text on as a movie poster.
I like this one. Great take on the theme.
That's very well done. Good and contrasty.

... or could we have had some swirling down the plughole? ;)
That's a striking image and works well for the film.

What did you use for the blood, or did you give up some of your own for the picture!

Thank you for taking the time to look and for your lovely comments.

That's a striking image and works well for the film.

What did you use for the blood, or did you give up some of your own for the picture!

Nothing sinister, just a bottle of fake blood left over from Halloween.

Back