weekly viv1969 (Ruth) 52 Challenge - SPIRAL Added

Wow Ruth the colour and focus on those letters is brilliant, I was just rooting around in my grandsons toys for their alphabet but now I've seen yours I'll think again as I think that's excellent.

The flamingo feathers are another winner ...really very well done :clap:

Nice use of colours. Vibrant, sharp and on subject :)

Much appreciated, thank you!

Hi, very colourful and lots of letters, so can't fault it but I have to say i really like the feathers great colour texture and detail :clap:

Yeah, I like the feathers too.
I posted them as they represent only one letter :)

Wow Ruth the colour and focus on those letters is brilliant, I was just rooting around in my grandsons toys for their alphabet but now I've seen yours I'll think again as I think that's excellent.

The flamingo feathers are another winner ...really very well done :clap:

Thanks Susie.....for dropping by and for your nice comments :)

Very arty farty :D both very colourful and fitting the theme Ruth (y)

ooo two very pretty colourful shots :clap: funnily enough I thought there'd be more magnetic letter shots (I was going to do one myself) :)

Machine is nice. A lovely old thing, and a nice angle, but I'd be tempted to remove the chuck key and put it somewhere separately in the frame.

Alphabet... Damn... guess I wont be shooting that one now!:D

It works, really well. A riot of colour, big and childish. A very modern kind of shot.

The triptych is beautiful, I'd love to know how the idea occurred to you, as it's a kind of close up that I would have never considered. That's just a great set.

Your ALPHABET shot works well. As said, vibrant colours!
Lovely shades in the flamingo set too.

Thanks Bob :)

ooo two very pretty colourful shots :clap: funnily enough I thought there'd be more magnetic letter shots (I was going to do one myself) :)

I thought there's be more like this actually :LOL:

Machine is nice. A lovely old thing, and a nice angle, but I'd be tempted to remove the chuck key and put it somewhere separately in the frame.

Alphabet... Damn... guess I wont be shooting that one now!:D

It works, really well. A riot of colour, big and childish. A very modern kind of shot.

The triptych is beautiful, I'd love to know how the idea occurred to you, as it's a kind of close up that I would have never considered. That's just a great set.

Thanks Nick.
The Flamingo feathers only occurred because the birds were so damn close, and I'd never really see on up close!
Those colours are as they were...no tweaking.
Must be some funky stuff they put in the feed!

in agreement with all ...

Alphabet is perfect ... colour and focus. Brill triptych too. :clap:

Hi, nice one for alphabet, and as Allan says, very colourful, but those feathers are sublime - I love the tones and the details :clap:

in agreement with all ...

Alphabet is perfect ... colour and focus. Brill triptych too. :clap:

Hi, nice one for alphabet, and as Allan says, very colourful, but those feathers are sublime - I love the tones and the details :clap:

Thanks both for your comments.
I'm flattered :)

Hi Ruth,

Crowd - great subject, the faces on the eggs really bought a smile to my face! :)

Close up - You cant beat a bit of wood texture, it always makes for interesting close ups and this is no exception, you have captured some great details, I feel I could reach out and feel the grain.

Machine - The hand drill is an interesting take, a very simple but very useful machine. Great lighting.

Alphabet - This is my favourite shot of the theme so far! Excellent colours and the perfect subjects for this weeks. Great work :)

Hi Ruth :wave:

Love both the Alphabet shots. The first is so colourful and so clean and shiny! Have they not been used :D. Great even lighting too :clap::clap:

The Flamingo triptych is inspired, fab colours and textures. It's the type of shrimp they eat which gives them that colour I think.

Alphabet, that works for me. Very bright, good detail and I can't help but look for words :)

Flamingo, wonderful colours and detail. Well framed as well.

Cheers.

Hi Ruth,

Crowd - great subject, the faces on the eggs really bought a smile to my face! :)

Close up - You cant beat a bit of wood texture, it always makes for interesting close ups and this is no exception, you have captured some great details, I feel I could reach out and feel the grain.

Machine - The hand drill is an interesting take, a very simple but very useful machine. Great lighting.

Alphabet - This is my favourite shot of the theme so far! Excellent colours and the perfect subjects for this weeks. Great work :)

Wow, Rob thanks you for going back and taking a look, and for commenting...I really do appreciate it :)

Hi Ruth :wave:

Love both the Alphabet shots. The first is so colourful and so clean and shiny! Have they not been used :D. Great even lighting too :clap::clap:

The Flamingo triptych is inspired, fab colours and textures. It's the type of shrimp they eat which gives them that colour I think.

Jill...Thanks, and no...The letters haven't been used :LOL:

Alphabet, that works for me. Very bright, good detail and I can't help but look for words :)

Flamingo, wonderful colours and detail. Well framed as well.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy :)
I did consider hiding a word or two deliberately, but dicided no patience :LOL:

I have 2 images for sound because I can't decide between them :)

Sound
by viv1969 on Talk Photography

Sound 1

Hi, number 2 for me, square crop works well and the placement of the headphones in the dark area of the LP is great :clap:

Number 2 for me Ruth. I like the modern headphones on an old school record. Nice lighting. For me I think it could be improved by lying the jack down, it looks stood up too me, and having the writing on the record the right way up.

#1 for me. Really good lighting and nice and close. Reminds me of the robot in Short Circuit :)

Cheers.

Hi, number 2 for me, square crop works well and the placement of the headphones in the dark area of the LP is great :clap:

Number 2 for me Ruth. I like the modern headphones on an old school record. Nice lighting. For me I think it could be improved by lying the jack down, it looks stood up too me, and having the writing on the record the right way up.

Thanks fellas :)

Mike, I kinda wanted the jack to seem like a needle on the record....fail :LOL:

Hi Ruth,

Number 2 for me as well, all the elements work well together and it conveys the idea of sound better than the first one to me :clap:

Definitely the second for me Ruth, I like the new and old feel, to it.
Vinyl record and modern ear buds (y)

Ahhhh, it works now. Leave it alone and ignore what I said ;)

Hi Ruth,

Number 2 for me as well, all the elements work well together and it conveys the idea of sound better than the first one to me :clap:

I like both but the simplicity of #1 works better for me.

Excellent pair Ruth :)

Really nice lighting in both, I agree about the writing in no 2 :)

Definitely the second for me Ruth, I like the new and old feel, to it.
Vinyl record and modern ear buds (y)

Thanks all....I'm erring towards the second one now too :)

Brilliant work on 4 pictures difficult to pick which is best so i wont
Alphabet super colours but the feathers triptych is fantastic
and sound the headphones just nicks it because its old meets new and i really like the upright jack plug acting as the needle very clever.

Nice colour & textures in #2 ... The LP's in good nick too.

Brilliant work on 4 pictures difficult to pick which is best so i wont
Alphabet super colours but the feathers triptych is fantastic
and sound the headphones just nicks it because its old meets new and i really like the upright jack plug acting as the needle very clever.

Much appreciated Simon....Cheers :)

Nice colour & textures in #2 ... The LP's in good nick too.

Thanks David. I've still got waaay too much vinyl kicking around :)

I like both and can't decide which I prefer. They both well taken. Aiwa speakers, haven't come across that name for ages. The earphones shot would be more fitting of theme.

Thanks Stan. The stereo is a separates system bought around 20 years ago....still works great! :)

(y)Right on the catch up train now Ruth :eek:

Machine ... Nice, good old 'Footprint' tools! I'm with Dark Knight amazed you've got the chuck key, I have got all my chuck keys ..... Somewhere, not necessarily the right one for the right drill though! Great for where careful slow drilling is required, everyone should have one!
Diagonal composition works well, has that nice used patina about it, just like it should have, lightings pretty good with little shadow. Nice even lighting over the drill, maybe a smidge more DOF for the sake of the knob(y)

Alphabet ... Love this, what a great riot of colour! Really pops! Uuummmm if only I could spell;) Nice even exposure, well shot!
Love those feathers! That triptych is very nice... Was wondering if those feathers were still attached! Beautiful colours and great textures. Very bright and colourful (y)

Sound ... I think the first one for me, like the symmetrical look, almost looks like car or bike exhausts:). I really like the extremely even exposure that is particularly well and evenly lit(y)
Like No 2 as well to me it's a bit like old and new, the vinyl record and the modern earphones, nicely lit again. Did wonder if someone would pop up and ask what the round black thing was:).

Nice work Ruth!
BTW someone's nicked your signature too!
Oooohhh mines back!

(y)
Nice work Ruth!
BTW someone's nicked your signature too!
Oooohhh mines back
!

Steve, thanks for taking the time and commenting in depth :) It's highly appreciated!

Oh and....this evening....can I have a pint of whatever you were on yesterday evening? ;)

Well I started on Cider then it got messy!;)

Had to cheat and use some work based props.
I've struggled with this theme.

Experiment

I too have struggled and have yet to do something.

Like the different colour in the front dish.

The vinyl shot is a cracker, I love the way the light drops off towards the back of the frame, and that the darkness is broken up by the jack plug. A nice combination of different eras too.

Experiment, a solid literal take on the theme. Lovely colours and DOF works well. The only tiny fly in the ointment for me is the slightly uneven spacing between the petri dishes in the front row, but that's just a small personal thing.

Agreed on the vinyl shot. For me, it's the story of the two technologies that makes the image special. The thinking process can be seen clearly. It works really well.

Experiment, as Nick said, is a nice literal take on the theme. It that's a pipette hovering over the dish, then a blob of liquid about to drop off would make it really special. As it stands, it's still a great choice for the theme and technically would be excellent if I hadn't read Nicks comment about dish spacing. Grrr...

A difficult theme indeed, but that works well and I particularly like the different coloured liquid in the middle dish

I prefer no. 2 for sound because there's more going on and you can see straight away that it's sound :)

experiment - at last, one that matches what's in my head lol - lovely shot, lots of colour :) the drop in the pipette is a lil distracting for me :)

Back