weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Hi Walter they're not going anywhere anytime soon!

Great find for the theme some nice lighting too.

Wow, that's different and there's no arguing that they aren't static. Well shot :clap::clap:

Great shot and great lighting for static! And they are static indeed. Not quite sure if there's a slight lens distortion...

Wow, how bizarre is that, not something you see every day, very original (y)

Excellent choice for the theme and very well taken Walter, especially an off the cuff indoor shot. (Like the title - made me chuckle).

Erie or what, great for the theme

Thanks Guys and Gals.
comments always appreciated.

Nice DoF, pity it's not entirely straight. I'm not sure the container with the pins in the top right corner works for me.

I took a few shots of this game, some sraight as an arrow,:p
Went with this one coz it was a little quirky:)
Quirky is good for sure, but to make it pleasing to the eye it's the small details like the pot in the RH side, still glad you take the comments in the good nature as they are intended :)

Serene - Nice subject for the theme, not so sure on the focus/DoF, but clean, simple and a good infinity background :)

Serene- not quite sure about the DOF I'm afraid, as it is the orchid doesn't really add anything, possibly moving it closer to the Buddha might work. Really on theme and nice even lighter though and like what you did with game :)

Nice choice of subject for serene, very zen. I like the infinity background and the clean and sharp buddha, but I'm not so sure the OOF petals in the foreground work. Maybe a smidgen more DoF?

Serene - I know what you were aiming for Walter but it hasn't quite worked for me. The orchid at the front is very distracting and the pale pink background isn't doing it either. I guess you chose it to complement the colour of the buddha. I'd try it on sand or neutral coloured stones.

woooo ... I love all the sculls .. and the chicken wire too! Serene's a good idea but not sure about the OOF flowers.

Those are great ideas for the themes Walter, especially that for Serene. Get the flowers in sharp focus and it would be a cracker of an image.

Hi Walter,
Game - I'm with the OCD crowd, I would have preferred it straight (or much more oblique). I would have preferred it less cluttered too, the object top right does nothing for it.

Serene - Nice choice for the theme. With the plain background, a deeper DoF might have been better, dunno. Do you have any shots at a smaller aperture to compare against?
(Hmm, just read through the comments, seems like I'm not alone with this thought).

Quite like the shadows and the texture in the wood but could maybe do with a little more light, the lower right piece is a little jarring though

Last edited:
Hi Walter. I like the way the light plays on the woodwork, picking out the curvatures of the pew ends. Good use of light :clap:

I like the details and textures on the pews. Not so sure the brick wall (?) on the right hand side. In my opinion the photo works better if you cropped that out.

Hi Walter - nice shot! I agree the lower right corner is a little jarring, but the shadows on the pew ends work IMO. Perhaps a smidge under exposed, but that's being picky! (y)

Lone - I think it would be better if he were a bit further into the picture to show a bit more space behind him but I like it
Fauna - I like the 2nd one best love the vibrant colours
Static - they are certainly not going anywhere but I see they are caged in just incase.

Quite like the shadows and the texture in the wood but could maybe do with a little more light, the lower right piece is a little jarring though

Hi Walter ....don't know if it's just me but the link to here isn't working.

I really like this one but I think it works best without the bright bit on the right.

I'd agree the LH section doesn't really add anything IMO.

I like the lighting and detail.

Cheers.

I disagree, I like the contrast between the very bright RHS and the full blacks.

Yeah that is in usual, I like it in an odd sort of way, it certainly gets my brain working trying to guess what it is :)

Hi Walter. I like the way the light plays on the woodwork, picking out the curvatures of the pew ends. Good use of light :clap:

I like the details and textures on the pews. Not so sure the brick wall (?) on the right hand side. In my opinion the photo works better if you cropped that out.

Hi Walter - nice shot! I agree the lower right corner is a little jarring, but the shadows on the pew ends work IMO. Perhaps a smidge under exposed, but that's being picky! (y)

Nice shot, I like the way the pew ends disappear into shadow at the bottom so you just get a strip through the picture.

Lone - I think it would be better if he were a bit further into the picture to show a bit more space behind him but I like it
Fauna - I like the 2nd one best love the vibrant colours
Static - they are certainly not going anywhere but I see they are caged in just incase.
Thanks, thought it would be a bit marmite, it work for me because of the strength of the B&W.

Love this place.
Haven't been for a while...the ivy has increased!
Fits the theme well.

Haunted you say? Ooooer - otherwise would make a great atmospheric subject for sunrises/sunsets ... but I would suffer camera shake I suspect. Good choice for the theme Walter.

Good capture, nice light with details in the foreground shadows, not that I've got any room to talk but ir might benefit from a bit of a keystone correction

Back