What you listening to RIGHT now?

Public Service Broadcasting

Live in Brixton

Got back this evening to find Amazon had sent this new album via the Royal Mail and it was in the mail box today instad og Monday. 2 CDs + DVD.

Interesting reprise of their catalogue to date and just finished listening to the 2 CDs.

GOod rdnditions and some new overlays. If you like theit work then there are some interesting renditions.

Spitfire from 'The War Room' is not as driving as the original EP but interesting.

Sputnick and The Far Side from the .'Race for Space' album are really good.

So from a first listen, it's a worthwhile addition to my CD collection.

I will have a go at the DVD later.

If you like their work then there is enough to warrant giving their live work a listen.

Score from me..... 8/10

Have you seen them live yet?

Have you seen them live yet?
No I was due to see them a year ago at the 02 in Liverpool but they cancelled and rescheduled to another date in February which I could not do. I gave the original tickers to a friend in Liverpool but not sure whether they were used or not as they then passed them on.

I will try and see them at some point.

No I was due to see them a year ago at the 02 in Liverpool but they cancelled and rescheduled to another date in February which I could not do. I gave the original tickers to a friend in Liverpool but not sure whether they were used or not as they then passed them on.

I will try and see them at some point.
They are so good live, very approachable guys, even got them to sign their first CD for me

They are so good live, very approachable guys, even got them to sign their first CD for me

I have enjoyed electronic music from the early 1970s and that interest developed further in the 1990s when trance/techno developed.

PSB have fused different streams of source and from their first album the CDs have been a regular first choice for me.

The War Room EP track 'Dig for Victory' really stunned me because of a slick fluid bass line that had me putting it on repeat, just to concentrate on how it drives the sound. Sadly not on the Live album.

The Race for Space track 'The Far Side' just blew me away the very first time I heard it and was looking forward to how it would be delivered on the live CD - I was not disappointed and interesting changes to - less euphoric after the quiet bit!

I will definitely be chasing tickets for any future UK tour.

My concern is where they go next.

La Dusseldorf's first album was great but number 2 was a bit of a mess. PSB, so far, have delivered but can they evolve?

Steve

Last edited:
Managed to potter down to a record fair today so currently getting through my swag

8DBE1A02-A937-40C3-9DB7-2BA0C9CEA623_zpsy4mwteyt.jpg

I have enjoyed electronic music from the early 1970s and that interest developed further in the 1990s when trance/techno developed.

PSB have fused different streams of source and from their first album the CDs have been a regular first choice for me.

The War Room EP track 'Dig for Victory' really stunned me because of a slick fluid bass line that had me putting it on repeat, just to concentrate on how it drives the sound. Sadly not on the Live album.

The Race for Space track 'The Fas Side' just blew me away the very first time I heard it and was looking forward to how it would be delivered on the live CD - I was not disappointed and interesting changes to - less euphoric after the quiet bit!

I will definitely be chasing tickets for any future UK tour.

My concern is where they go next.

La Dusseldorf's first album was great but number 2 was a bit of a mess. PSB, so far, have delivered but can they evolve?

Steve
I've seen them live a few times now, after hearing them on 6 Music with Spitfire, first gig in Cardiff with about 200 people, and each gig after has got bigger, but they still surprise me how they create a show like they do

I've seen them live a few times now, after hearing them on 6 Music with Spitfire, first gig in Cardiff with about 200 people, and each gig after has got bigger, but they still surprise me how they create a show like they do
Spitfire is a really good listen!

I have a few alternative Spitfire mixes that add to the pleasure.

Valentina with the Smoke Fairies on the live album is, IMHO, better than the studio version on the Race for Space and I am beginning to tgink the same about Sputnik.

Yeah it's a keep with me album too, my copy I purchased in 1989 has become unplayable so thought it time to get another one.
On the CD front I have found loads of empty cases where my kids the young adults had :borrowed the CDs and never returned them. Amazon Marketplace sellers have proved a great source for replacements. From 1p plus £1.26 p&p per CD for VG/like new grade from sellers such as Music Magpie, I have basically rebuilt that part of my collection. MyVinyl has not suffered as by the time they got into music; CDs had become first choice.

To stay on thread subject - my Turntable is spinning this

View: https://youtu.be/Oa7pDgF8rrY

Currently in the interval of the Phil Cunningham Christmas Songbook concert in Edinburgh. As well as phil wehave John McCusker, Eddi Reader, Karen Mathieson and Kris Drever

Great bunch of musicians and getting into Christmas mood

Just got out of my car...playing The Moody Blues, Days of Future Past.
Slightly pretentious album, but the full version of Nights in White Satin is rather good.

On the CD front I have found loads of empty cases where my kids the young adults had :borrowed the CDs and never returned them. Amazon Marketplace sellers have proved a great source for replacements. From 1p plus £1.26 p&p per CD for VG/like new grade from sellers such as Music Magpie, I have basically rebuilt that part of my collection. MyVinyl has not suffered as by the time they got into music; CDs had become first choice.

To stay on thread subject - my Turntable is spinning this

View: https://youtu.be/Oa7pDgF8rrY
Ahhhh. The theme music to "Weekend World"...many years ago ! Love that track.

Ahhhh. The theme music to "Weekend World"...many years ago ! Love that track.
There are some awesomely indulgent live versions of that track around....

Jean Michel Jarre

Electronica 2

Some really interesting collaborations

Back