weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

Best shoehorn for a while - nice pic too :)

I like the old shot, nice subjects, well captured and suits the B&W perfectly.

Week 21 - LIQUID

Liquid.JPG

Yes, it's a good old gin and tonic. Well, not strictly true, my other weakness is Gin, so I am in the Craft Gin Club, and this was the latest gin cocktail...

I set up my tripod this week to try and capture the goldfinches which regularly take a dip in my bird bath. I scrubbed it clean and re arranged the garden pots around it. For three days I sat and waited, but the buggers never came!! ( Hence the Gin and Tonic!)

I have some elusive goldfinches too - I've waited months for them to discover my nyger seeds and sunflower hearts. Your drink and nibbles are making my mouth water. Lovely summery shot. Nice colours and light.

Colourful really has some colour, and shooting from behind is unusual.
Old, I'm am glad it was an old photo as they look positively young compared to me.
Liquid looks just the thing for the glorious weather we are having.

I set up my tripod this week to try and capture the goldfinches which regularly take a dip in my bird bath. I scrubbed it clean and re arranged the garden pots around it. For three days I sat and waited, but the buggers never came!! ( Hence the Gin and Tonic!)

Lol. My only attempt at shooting wildlife during lockdown was when 4 goldfinches at a time were landing on the bird feeder. As soon as the camera was set up they disappeared (even though it was inside the house!). I think the g&t is much the preferred option... a nice summery feel to your image.

Alien invasion - the killer toothbrushes are lurking in the shrubbery :D

I thought for a minute this was for the Hidden theme. Unusual composition with a lovely sharp subject and blurry foliage.

I could do with a plant that produces these toothbrush heads - they're not cheap are they? :ROFLMAO:

You've managed to capture the poppies well.. I've found it difficult, especially in bright light, to get them looking crisp.

Lovely colours. Poppies grow so fast, they do tend to hide the things underneath really quickly.

The colours of the poppies are wonderful. I haven't seen that many around here so far this year.

Pete

Back