weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

Particularly like your liquid shot.

week 25 : Snappers Choice: DOWNHILL
Downhill.JPG

Taken this morning at Newmarket Heath.( The morning riding out session)

I like the symmetry in the horses retreating tails. Nice shot.

Would there have been a chance to wait for them to come around again, or for some other riders?
I would prefer to see faces in a shot like this tbh.

Hi, well, the horses gallop up the other side of the hill, and come round in a circle down the side I was. The sun pops over some woods at the top of the hill, so you have to be wary of that. I have got some face on ones, one chappy was very smiley, and generally they are all friendly and happy to be snapped. I like it when they all have the same colour hats on, especially red ones. I quite like to get the view of the town in, as Newmarket is the home of racing... will try to put some more on tomorrow.

Reactions: LC2
Small: Great detail love the muted colours.

Snappers Choice: I like this I like the fact that the horses are going away from the camera breaking the 'rules'.

Nicely shows off the freshness of a garden after rain :)
As you say, a phone shot - I'm guessing the phone chose the focal point, and it's settled on the most contrasty part of the image (the light coloured pot) rather than the flowers.

^^^^^ That. Wet gardens are good.

Week 27 : Signs ( Of Danger)

Danger.jpg

Archive image from Orford Ness. Lots of these about. I thought I had one that said Danger of Death... but I obviously didn't get that close!

Good spot!

National Trust? I would have thought a sign like that would be MoD or something lol

Good spot!

National Trust? I would have thought a sign like that would be MoD or something lol

Hi, the National Trust took it over a while back, and all the army buildings are mainly ruins. They did clear all the ordinance ( etc) that might explode, or they think hey did, but just in case someone wanders off and gets blown up...they have put out loads of signs, and keep groups to the paths. The NT do photography tour days, which gives a bit of an insight, and they sell a book which tells a bit more of what used to go on there. I thoroughly recommend a visit; a photographer’s dream!

It's a bit of a shame the sky is a bit featureless. But the rest of it is really good. It's not a sign of want to see on a walk. I wonder how many people don't take notice and walk wherever they like.

Week 28 : Secure

'Secure'.JPG

Taken this week at Weybourn in Norfolk. A lovely warm day by the seaside. These boats are always dragged up the shingle bank and secured.
Went on to Wells later, everyone else thought it was nice too...we were reminded why we normally do this out of season!

we were reminded why we normally do this out of season
I suspect this summer will be worse than usual, people will be "staycationing" probably with weekends / days out.
I find the vignette a bit harsh, and personally I would push the whites a bit as you have no white point in the shot - but that may be the look you're aiming for, it's all personal preference.

I suspect this summer will be worse than usual, people will be "staycationing" probably with weekends / days out.
I find the vignette a bit harsh, and personally I would push the whites a bit as you have no white point in the shot - but that may be the look you're aiming for, it's all personal preference.

Nice vintage look, but it looks a little dark for my tastes. Very nice subject.

What about this one? I have done the white and black points and eased the vignette....

Thanks as always for tasking the time to look and comment...

Secure 2 b.JPG

Attachments

• Secure 2 b.JPG
    Secure 2 b.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 2
I like the composition and colours - version 2 without the vignette for me.

That's a nice image for secure, I like what you've done with the PP but I think I prefer it without the vignette (or maybe if the vignette weren't so 'heavy'?). nice detail in the rusty tractor too.

I think somewhere in between the two edits would be my choice in processing.
I do like the pov you used and the subject is good for the theme.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment. It’s something I should do more of myself, but time always seems to run away with me...

Week 29 : Personal

Personal.JPG

This was taken on a trip to a local nature reserve. I was drawn to the shape of the bench. Although I was close, and using a 24-105L, it really was that curved shape..

Nice scene but could do with being a bit sharper. Great bench and the mono works very well ;)

Back