weekly Blondie606's 52 2013 Wk 52 Water-The End :-(

can't fault it really nice colours and composition (y)

Cheers Al...thanks for stopping by (y)

yep - very nice, just I can;t quite see where the bit in the top right fits in... At first I thought it was the instructions, but it's not isit? Wonder if just plain cloth might have worked in this portion, there's plenty of detail in the main sticthing inside the ring to balance this. :thinking:

Thanks Mister , the top right bit is the 2nd complete cross stitch , they are a pair of images on the same theme.....don't have any cream aida left though so much as I agree with your thoughts re using plain cloth I couldn't do it :crying:

I cant really add anything apart from well on them, its nicely light and shows the subject well.

Many thanks (y)

Nice warm almost Spring like colours. Well done. :clap:

Cheers for popping in , glad you like :)

Very nice Lynne, good fine detail and warm colour. Good take on the theme.

Cheers for stopping by...appreciate your comments (y)

hi Lynne

Work - very apt. Good blend of autumn colours, well lit and nice comp. Agree with Andy re the loose piece of backing sticking out from the frame lower right.

Hi Alan , thanks for dropping in...it's not backing though, the aida is a square which fits in to a round frame which holds the material taught whilst you stitch :)

brilliant shot lynne - lovely colours and very 'advert' type of shot for some type of hobbyist mag etc

shows great skill both with a camera and cross-stitch...

Dont suppose i can send you my work trousers? :LOL:

Many thanks for your too kind comments.....&...errr...NO :LOL:

HI Lynne, love the set up, shows lots of detail it takes to complete, very well in the theme of Work

Nice tones on that, and the composition works well! Are they your own designs, too?

Just umming over the completed cross stitch, does it add to the shot or is it a slight distraction. My daughter used to do this a few years ago so I know how time consuming it can be, but the results show the dedication it takes to complete them.

I think I'd go for just the main cross stitch and may be the pattern you are working from top left instead.

(y)

HI Lynne, love the set up, shows lots of detail it takes to complete, very well in the theme of Work

Cheers Mister (y)

Love the shot, but I have no idea how you have the patience for such a hobby :)

I don't...I have several pieces still awaiting completion :LOL:

Nice tones on that, and the composition works well! Are they your own designs, too?

Cheers...I wish but alas no , shop bought

Just umming over the completed cross stitch, does it add to the shot or is it a slight distraction. My daughter used to do this a few years ago so I know how time consuming it can be, but the results show the dedication it takes to complete them.

I think I'd go for just the main cross stitch and may be the pattern you are working from top left instead.

(y)

Thanks Colt...I no longer have the pattern which is why I opted for the other one of the pair....& normally I don't throw things out..flippin typical !

Hi All

Gluttony....think I know who came up with this theme :razz: Stumped for ideas so went the obvious route...'cept I dont think it's that obvious in my shot ! Got the D7000 back from Nikon , sensor all nice n clean & auto focus repaired....:D Never thought to check any of the settings though....uploaded my shots from today & thought...how odd....then discovered it had been reset to jpeg :bang: oh well ,had to work with jpegs so fairly minimal editing.

I tried a couple of these cakes before I took the photo's , on a cake stall at Hodsock Priory today...& OMG.....I could have eaten loads of them , totally scrummy. The lady running the stall asked what I was going to do with the shots so i told her they were for the theme of Gluttony....thats spot on she said...have another :D

Gluttony b by llj666, on Flickr

Not a good week theme for me...onwards & upwards to next saturday (y)

You might not feel its been a good theme for you Lynne but I think you have nailed the shot. Its crisp, clear and well lit, another one that could easily be a product shot.
These themes come along now and again, I think you are in the right frame of mind with it though, onwards and upwards Missus ;)
And just hope its not another of the boy Posiviews suggested themes :LOL:

OMG That is a fantastic shot. It's like i can reach out to pick one up to scoff. Fantastic.

Can i ask .... how please? Have you used a macro lens?

I also love the composition. Looking at my previous efforts i would have gone for "complete objects". However, this has opened my eyes to other options.

Brilliant.

You might not feel its been a good theme for you Lynne but I think you have nailed the shot. Its crisp, clear and well lit, another one that could easily be a product shot.
These themes come along now and again, I think you are in the right frame of mind with it though, onwards and upwards Missus ;)

You are too kind sir....but for a jpeg virtually sooc it looks better than I thought it would ! & as for the boy.....:p

OMG That is a fantastic shot. It's like i can reach out to pick one up to scoff. Fantastic.

Can i ask .... how please? Have you used a macro lens?

I also love the composition. Looking at my previous efforts i would have gone for "complete objects". However, this has opened my eyes to other options.

Brilliant.

Many thanks Alan . I used the Tamron 90mm macro lens on a tripod , all natural light as the cake stall was outside . Whilst I was indulging in one of said very tasty cakes I just kept looking to see what angle I could get. Fussy background was a pain so quite a large(or is it small - I can never remember ) f16 , -1ev, low ISO. Not sure but I suspect you could get a similar shot using a kit lens , or any lens for that matter . I knew I couldn't isolate the cakes to get all in shot ( not quite brave enough to start re-arranging the bakers display :LOL: ) so went for a midway shot . Dunno if any of that helps ? When I started on this forum I only ever went for full whole objects...guess I may just have learnt something along the way :)

Hi Lynne :wave: sorry I'm a few weeks behind!

Wild, lovely shot, fires the theme well (y) I agree it needs a little tweak in the contrast but it still loss good to me.

Space, I liked at this when I went to the NMA but not closely, I didn't realise there was more writing in the space. Very apt for the theme.

Gluttony, yummy in my tummy! It's chocolate cake, wins me over (y) I love the lighting too, you can see all the delicious detail in them.

Last edited:
Lynne - That cake photo is superb. For me the DOF is perfect, the cakes behind are soft and not blurred, you can still see them fully as cakes, exactly how they should be, they still look good enough to eat.

I liked the tight close up.

Macro lens - this is the only real missing item in my kit bag. I have a Tamron 24 - 135 that is meant to be a macro option but its just junk, as I found out trying to photograph snowdrops.

As Iain said you nailed the shot, nicely composed, exposures good and chocolate cake whats not to like :clap:

Hi All

Gluttony....think I know who came up with this theme :razz: Stumped for ideas so went the obvious route...'cept I dont think it's that obvious in my shot ! Got the D7000 back from Nikon , sensor all nice n clean & auto focus repaired....:D Never thought to check any of the settings though....uploaded my shots from today & thought...how odd....then discovered it had been reset to jpeg :bang: oh well ,had to work with jpegs so fairly minimal editing.

I tried a couple of these cakes before I took the photo's , on a cake stall at Hodsock Priory today...& OMG.....I could have eaten loads of them , totally scrummy. The lady running the stall asked what I was going to do with the shots so i told her they were for the theme of Gluttony....thats spot on she said...have another :D

Gluttony b by llj666, on Flickr

Not a good week theme for me...onwards & upwards to next saturday (y)

More buns/cakes :D I'be gone through 2 large chocolate cakes so far :D

Nice detail and WB. I think I'd like to see a closer crop to exclude any BG.

Hard life isn't it :naughty:

nd what is wrong with juxtaposition? :D

More buns/cakes :D I'be gone through 2 large chocolate cakes so far :D
:thinking:..... and not a single shot of a chocolate cake posted up here.... :naughty:

Echo all the others Lynne, great POV, nice and low down and brilliantly zoomed in to make the cakes look bigger.

yumyum.....

Nice shot and lovely looking cakes! Nice work on the composition, not what I would've thought of at first, but I think it works! Nice one! ;)

hi...love the way you have got really close to the cakes...I can almost smell the chocolate.
What a nice lady letting you have another cake.

Great shot, nice details in the textures of the cream and the cakes.

Your shots are very inspiring, so thank you Lynne.

Excellent shot. Really like the composition with the tight crop. Could easily see this in a foodie magazine. Well Done! (y)

Amazming shot this one, I'm starting to take on board that ask to take photo, more people will say yes than no. Like most FB so far, it looks like you can just pick it from the srceen and eat it, bang on theme:clap:

Fabulous Lynne. I like the colour blends, detail, light and depth in this composition. Surprised they lasted long enough for a photo, wouldn't have if i'd been about. As stated it just shows how impact can be gained from slicing through part of the subject instead of complete objects. Something I too have learnt and made a mental note of. Nicely done Lynne!

I too like these, especially the way they seem to recede off into the distance! Nice balance and DoF control, too.

Hi Lynne :)

Gluttony - Nothing wrong with that at all, very nice, look good to eat, great detail and a pleasing crop (y)

Thanks Dean

Thanks Lynne,

Re-arranging the baker's display..... now that would have been funny :LOL::LOL:

Yeah...thought better of it...this time !

Hi Lynne :wave: sorry I'm a few weeks behind!

Wild, lovely shot, fires the theme well (y) I agree it needs a little tweak in the contrast but it still loss good to me.

Space, I liked at this when I went to the NMA but not closely, I didn't realise there was more writing in the space. Very apt for the theme.

Gluttony, yummy in my tummy! It's chocolate cake, wins me over (y) I love the lighting too, you can see all the delicious detail in them.

Thanks Marsha...they were delicious :D

Lynne - That cake photo is superb. For me the DOF is perfect, the cakes behind are soft and not blurred, you can still see them fully as cakes, exactly how they should be, they still look good enough to eat.

I liked the tight close up.

Macro lens - this is the only real missing item in my kit bag. I have a Tamron 24 - 135 that is meant to be a macro option but its just junk, as I found out trying to photograph snowdrops.

Cheers Carl.....the macro lens is a great bit of kit but can get quite frustrating...glad youlike the cakes (y)

Oops, I forgot work! I went through a stage of doing cross stitches, I hope to do them again sometime soon. I really like these, the colours are lovely as is the composition. Now you need to get this finished and get them framed.

One day Marsha...it's on my list of Round-tuits !

Ha i like your little story behind the shot. Image is a cracker, actually making my mouth water!

Cheers for stopping by (y)

As Iain said you nailed the shot, nicely composed, exposures good and chocolate cake whats not to like :clap:

Thanks Alan (y)

those cakes really do look good enough to eat, great shot !

They were as well TIm...yum yum

:thinking:..... and not a single shot of a chocolate cake posted up here.... :naughty:

Echo all the others Lynne, great POV, nice and low down and brilliantly zoomed in to make the cakes look bigger.

yumyum.....

Cheers mister...not zoomed though..used the macro lens

Oh god, they look amazing.. Lovely and sharp image. Just wish it wasn't just a picture of them I was looking at!

Wish I'd bought some more now...they were really scrummy

Nice shot and lovely looking cakes! Nice work on the composition, not what I would've thought of at first, but I think it works! Nice one! ;)

I've had 2 years of being told....composition , composition, composition...finally the message is sinking in (y)

Want!!!

Love the composition and DOF.

:LOL:

hi...love the way you have got really close to the cakes...I can almost smell the chocolate.
What a nice lady letting you have another cake.

She was a very nice lady....&it would have been rude to refuse another one :D

Great shot, nice details in the textures of the cream and the cakes.

Your shots are very inspiring, so thank you Lynne.

Thats very kind of you to say Allie :hug:

Excellent shot. Really like the composition with the tight crop. Could easily see this in a foodie magazine. Well Done! (y)

Many thanks Mr G

Good quality, Lynne. Good back story too.

Like pov, focus and comp. On theme.

Cheers Alan

Those cakes do look tempting could easily be used for week one as well!

Definately sinful ....just wish I'd bought more :bonk:

Nice sharp shot there. 7 down 45 to go!

eek....45 left...getting nearer to the end of 52 meet then (y)

Amazming shot this one, I'm starting to take on board that ask to take photo, more people will say yes than no. Like most FB so far, it looks like you can just pick it from the srceen and eat it, bang on theme:clap:

Many thanks....I've found most people are quite obliging if you ask..last year had me talking to taxi drivers, policemen , firemen , car salesmen....

Fabulous Lynne. I like the colour blends, detail, light and depth in this composition. Surprised they lasted long enough for a photo, wouldn't have if i'd been about. As stated it just shows how impact can be gained from slicing through part of the subject instead of complete objects. Something I too have learnt and made a mental note of. Nicely done Lynne!

Many thanks :)

I too like these, especially the way they seem to recede off into the distance! Nice balance and DoF control, too.

Cheers Chris

Very nice, good, clean, crisp, makes me want one looking at them and I don't like chocolate cake :D

:LOL:...how can you not like chocolate cake...I'm sure these would have turned you :bonk:

really nice, clean crisp shots would you like any help eating them....

Thanks Tango...sorry , too late...all gone :D

& so to week 8...TIME...which has been stupidly scarce for me over the last 8months !

Had 2 idea's straight off, both simple straight forward takes on the theme .

I'd seen a tutorial in DP that I fancied giving a go....this was the result...

TIme Warp

Wk 8 Time by llj666, on Flickr

The clock is actually round , just played around with the liquify tool in pse10....nothing dramatic but kinda like the effect . Left a little shadow on the right to stop it looking totally flat

This one took me about 5 shots to get the timing right , the lighting was another matter ...grr I hate shiny objects ! & it wasn't till I uploaded the shot I realised just how scratched my watch is , but then I never take it off unless I'm on holiday & it is at least 13 years old !

The passing of Time....

Wk8 Time 2 by llj666, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back