weekly Andy's 52 week challenge UPDATEDweek 12-13 added

Snooky

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought id give it ago-nothing to loose so here goes......

week 1 Bliss

A bit of reading and a drink when kids in bed = Bliss

I notice it more now it's been mentioned!!
It's actually my kitchen work top and card placed on the background as their black wall tiles behind it! Might try it again but bring the box forward to blur out tiles behind instead of using white card! Thanks for comments so far

HI Andy & welcome to the 52's madhouse :wave:

Bliss is not the easiest of theme's to start with that's for sure !

I really like how you've got close in to the magazine, the bird seems to be really menacing from that angle :)

Your'e aware of the small issue with the bg.....you idea to over come should work well . I am wondering why you left the glass in the box though ? I'm wondering of it would gel more if the glass was outside the box, maybe just in front of it ?

Nice idea. I too would like to see the glass out of the box. background has already been mentioned. Welcome to the challenge. Enjoy your reading.

Hi, Andy, where do you host your photographs? Best way is to paste the BB code so people don't have to click on any links/pictures (y)

I also wondered why you didn't take the glass out of the box? I think it would be better outside. BGs are an issue, for me; for product type photographs I like very clean BGs.

I like how the bird's beak in #2 is really in my face.

Good start.

Cheers.

The box looks a bit battered to me and, apart from the join there are some specks on the worktop to the left. It certainly fits the theme so a good start to the 52 just spend a little more time on the composition/background of your shots and you'll be fine. I used to be exactly the same, so keen to get the shot I missed obvious stuff until the nice bunch on here pointed it out to me ;)

The box looks a bit battered to me and, apart from the join there are some specks on the worktop to the left. It certainly fits the theme so a good start to the 52 just spend a little more time on the composition/background of your shots and you'll be fine. I used to be exactly the same, so keen to get the shot I missed obvious stuff until the nice bunch on here pointed it out to me ;)

Got to agree I looked at the theme and rushed into it!
Actually not even sure myself why I left the glass in the box ha!

Well next theme I'll take a long think about it and lookout for the niggles, something I got to work on this year a lot

I appreciate all comments, it's what I am after to become better :)

Nice idea nothing to add everyone has covered the main things that stick out.
Good luck with the rest of your 52 challenge

Hi Andy :)

Good to see your first shot posted, I won't dwell on the crit picked up by others, but would like to say it's great to see you taking the constructive crit/comments onboard, and thinking for next themes, carry on like this and by next year you will be advising new entrants.

Not a bad start at all, good light, exposure and product placement, keep it up (y)

Good start and it was a hard topic to kick off with! I went for bliss for most rather than bliss for me which i think would have been harder! Well done! 1 down 51 to go... As dark knight said... Wont dwell on any more crit as its been said already! One thing i do is a bit of a mind map with the theme in the centre! Helps me with idea generation!

Fragile week 2

took me a long time to figure out how to attach a link- learnt something today after a few editied posts haha

well heres my "fragile"

cheers for looking again

_SHY0729 by Andy-Snook, on Flickr

Last edited:
small image?? not sure what ive done on the post haha!
the kids had a laugh drawing faces on the eggs for the shot

Hi, the idea is good but as there are faces on the eggs maybe a bit more emphasis on them would have been better

thanks for the comments

@Raptor Mike those marks are my dreaded d600 oil splats that has been sent off to be sorted hopefully :(

2nd one for me too, the signpost is a nice focal point and then you sudenly discover the "rest" of the image :)

Nice one Andy... second for me definitely. The spots are easily cloned out since it's sky but frustrating... I had a couple until recently and eventually I got fed up of having to fix every image and gave in and cleaned my sensor!

I'd maybe move the sign slightly more in-frame, but it's still a good composition. Nicely spotted and captured :)

Nice sharp pictures of a true companion - shame the tennis ball is green blends in with grass lol

Hey Andy,
Can't resist a beautiful pooch - and she's a lovely girl! Think I prefer the first image purely for that majestic sort of look the bully/staffy type breeds do so well :LOL: the WB on her chest looks slightly off compared to the second shot though, maybe just because there's more snow under her. either way, lovely picture

Hi Andy, I think the first shot really portrays the "looking out for you" thing. I've also used my doggy for this week's theme too :D I think its going to be a popular photo subject

N.1 for me. Nice shot.

I find the bright sky in n.2 a bit too distracting

gorgeous dog! Wish she had been looking at the camera. Like both shots - like Fabien i find the sky a bit distracting but on the other hand like her with the ball in her mouth.

Pic 2 my personal fav. As said sky a touch bright you could have maybe got away with cropping it out completely.
I dont mind the lack of eye contact her looking at the empty space makes me wonder what she has spotted?

Back