weekly Delta Skies 2015 TP52 - Week 17 Heat

Lovely,,,, the reflection is wonderful, and I like that there is still a hint of the breakers on the foreshore,,, ,has the road to the end of spurn point been repaired,, am still unemployed for another week so may have a ride out next week

A really lovely shot, I really like the way the old remains of the groins lead the eye and somewhat merge into the modern offshore wind turbines.

Quite simply brilliant

Great shot. Lovely light and colour.

From a strictly personal view I could do without the wind turbines but they are not enough of a distraction to detract from the overall effect of the image.

Belter, lovely muted blues and reflections.

Good show and I bet you've got a SEP version :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. Not yet on the SEP front. Some other varieties of colour added to Flickr including some tries at Colour Efex Pro

I couldn't NOT comment on your shot, Peter... that's a belter.

I don't own any filters and after seeing a few photos including your one above, I think I need to change that. I'd like to get a couple of ND grads (probably soft but unsure) and also some plain NDs. I guess I may as well get the full set and include a CPL as well, but all of a sudden we're talking more serious amounts of wonga!

Absolutely beautiful shot and a wall hanger for me!
Thanks Paul. I can't recommend Lee filters strongly enough. Expensive but convince yourself you NEED some, save up and snap away. Hards are great for solid horizons and sea vs. sky but I guess softs by their nature are more versatile. I'm not sure where you are based but if not too far we could always meet up and you could try them out.

Lovely,,,, the reflection is wonderful, and I like that there is still a hint of the breakers on the foreshore,,, ,has the road to the end of spurn point been repaired,, am still unemployed for another week so may have a ride out next week
Thanks Liz. No the road is still gone so you'll face a long walk to the lighthouse. Some of the groynes are closer though. We even saw a Land Rover Defender struggling in the sand to get through.

A really lovely shot, I really like the way the old remains of the groins lead the eye and somewhat merge into the modern offshore wind turbines.
Thanks Nick

Quite simply brilliant
Thanks Simon

Stunning shot. Really could be somewhere a lot warmer. Great photo for Week 1 (y)
Thanks Lee. I wish it had been warmer. I've decided I need some better photographic gloves

Great shot. Lovely light and colour.

From a strictly personal view I could do without the wind turbines but they are not enough of a distraction to detract from the overall effect of the image.
Thanks Russell. I'm absolutely with you regarding the turbines but decided not to edit them out this time.

That is certainly a blissful picture. (y)

I'd also like to see a panoramic crop without most of the sand as the few pebbles that are there are a little distracting. But then someone suggested my pic would look better if the sand had been smoothed out :oops: :$ so we have to take what we can get :p

That is certainly a blissful picture. (y)

I'd also like to see a panoramic crop without most of the sand as the few pebbles that are there are a little distracting. But then someone suggested my pic would look better if the sand had been smoothed out :oops: :$ so we have to take what we can get :p
Thanks Jill. Fair comment about the pebbles.

That's a fine example of Bliss, Peter and a lovely image :clap:
Thanks Graham

Week 2 - Fragile

Je Suis Charlie by Delta Skies, on Flickr

It's a fragile world we live in. The tragic events of this week in France has shown how true that statement is. My thoughts go out to the families and friends of those involved. In the meantime I felt I should show my support. These are Sarah's Charlie Bears which seemed to fit. Taking using a single studio flash bounced into a brolly.

Last edited:
Hi Peter
Patterns - nothing cheesy about this!
Bliss - just love it, the tones, reflections, letterbox.......
Just get it printed and on the wall!
;)

Hi again.... Fragile: beautiful tribute that speaks volumes. Photography wise, I truly though it was a drawing so brilliant work on the delivery of it!

Hi Peter,
As a late starter thought I'd better start giving some feedback ...
Bliss... Right up my street! Lovely subtle shades of blue in the sea and the sky, I love the dark line of the horizon underlined white line of surf (?).
Great posts with brilliant reflection in the water, nice shot. (My idea of bliss too mate ;)).

Fragile... Very poignant! Nice exposure, like the pp and the frame, well shot.

Fragile indeed. I like the vintage processing and composition. Nice close crop and as you know, I'm a fan of borers so (y) from me.

Cheers.

Excellent take on fragile and excellent picture to boot. Fitting tribute.

Fragile—perfect in every way. Sarah must have a lot of bears to be able to find that many with sad faces; or is that PP?

Loving the seascape image. Lovely cool blues emphasised for the time of year.

A very fitting Week 2 picture.

Hi Peter
Patterns - nothing cheesy about this!
Bliss - just love it, the tones, reflections, letterbox.......
Just get it printed and on the wall!
;)
Thanks Hazel

Hi again.... Fragile: beautiful tribute that speaks volumes. Photography wise, I truly though it was a drawing so brilliant work on the delivery of it!
Thanks Ferg

Hi Peter,
As a late starter thought I'd better start giving some feedback ...
Bliss... Right up my street! Lovely subtle shades of blue in the sea and the sky, I love the dark line of the horizon underlined white line of surf (?).
Great posts with brilliant reflection in the water, nice shot. (My idea of bliss too mate ;)).

Fragile... Very poignant! Nice exposure, like the pp and the frame, well shot.
Many thanks Steve

Fragile indeed. I like the vintage processing and composition. Nice close crop and as you know, I'm a fan of borers so (y) from me.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. The vintage camera was from Analog Efex and the border from Colour Efex. I can see I'm going to enjoy my investment.

Excellent take on fragile and excellent picture to boot. Fitting tribute.
Thanks Perry

Fragile

Like your processing in this photo.
A fitting tribute to such a sad event.
Many thanks Darren

Fragile—perfect in every way. Sarah must have a lot of bears to be able to find that many with sad faces; or is that PP?
Thanks Martin. Not as many bears as our friend and I'm sure Sarah would say she would never have enough :confused:

Loving the seascape image. Lovely cool blues emphasised for the time of year.

A very fitting Week 2 picture.
Thanks Mandy

Nice tribute Peter, feel it is cropped a tad tight on the left, but very well lit as always from you which helps with the great detail you have captured, nice collection of teddies (y)
Thanks Dean. I see what you mean about the left. Probably accentuated by the addition of the border. I didn't help being on narrow stairs which I've found is just wider than the studio brolly :cool:

Hi Peter, glad to see you back for 2015! I love the Bliss shot, beautiful colours and the long exposure really smoothes everything out and gives it a totally blissful feel. As for Fragile - a very timely and evocative image :clap:

Hi Peter, Bliss is a brilliant shot :clap: interesting to read how you achieved it

Fragile, very topical obviously and spot on sentiment wise PP and frame make for a very well presented pic :clap:

Hi Peter, as other have said, that's a very fitting tribute. Really well thought out and processed

Fragile - liking your interpretation of this, think the sad faces add that something extra. Love the processing too

Hi Peter, glad to see you back for 2015! I love the Bliss shot, beautiful colours and the long exposure really smoothes everything out and gives it a totally blissful feel. As for Fragile - a very timely and evocative image :clap:
Many thnks Elaine

I really like your bliss. Well executed and I like the crop.

A very well thought of image for fragile and well taken.

Well done!
Thanks Mike

Hi Peter, Bliss is a brilliant shot :clap: interesting to read how you achieved it

Fragile, very topical obviously and spot on sentiment wise PP and frame make for a very well presented pic :clap:
Thanks Allan

Hi Peter, as other have said, that's a very fitting tribute. Really well thought out and processed
Thanks Lorraine

Fragile - I can only echo what the others have said, wonderful work.
Thanks Mandy

Love it Peter - really great shot and fits the theme totally
Thanks Michalene

Bliss; can't give much critique other than I love it.

Fragile; took me a while to link the event in France and your image. In the end I thought it's an excellent interpretation of the theme.
Thanks Stan

Fragile - liking your interpretation of this, think the sad faces add that something extra. Love the processing too
Thanks Hazel

Wow amazing AGAIN!

A touching interpretation, well done.The processing works, and the frame gives it something too.

Peter

Just catching up!

Bliss- Nothing more to say than others have already said… the photo itself is Bliss! A wall hanger as others said… You have actually reminded me I bought a big stopper a few years ago and never actually tried it out yet! I must use it somehow in this years 52!

Fragile- Topical capture which is a great tribute. It's maybe a bit over processed for me… but that's only because i'm originally a film photographer so I tend to stick to doing in PP what I knew I could do in a dark room… also I'm a bit of a technophobe and try to spend minimal time at the computer processing! As a marketing and promotional image its excellent!

Great start to your 52.

Back