weekly DK's 52 of 2015 - wk 52 'Christmas' added - FINISHED

Hi DK ...I just went to type 'a smashing shot' ...duh :rolleyes: anyway ...it is :) I like the idea of using the specific house moving boxes it does add more reality to it, hard to see how any other arrangement would work unless you smashed a whole lot more. You're right it does have an extra something on Flickr.

Hey Dean!
Nice clean shot for fragile[emoji4] everything nice and sharp and I really like the balanced lighting..... You're in so much trouble for breaking all that stuff though![emoji23][emoji23]

Hi Dean, it's very difficult to get a staged to look natural but it was a good choice to put it into this setting. I like the low angle and lighting!

When you've finished de-cluttering your house could you tell/show Peter how to do it!!;)

Gosh when you look on flickr and zoom in you can see the fragility on theplates and tiles from use. A further reminder of how fragile things can be. Best not show the photo otherwise it will be a new floor and dinner service, but suspect you may have this;) oh and you know what us women are like if I need newtiles I might as well have a new kitchen. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DK

well as a regular I can be brutally honest with yours ha ha

anyway, your bliss is very dark in the foreground, it needs light man, (I am obsessed with light this year lol)

actually I think a pair of female feet and maybe a floaty sheer skirt (no higher than just below the knee) resting in the foam of your beach shot would have made a good image for bliss :)

fragile is pretty good I guess, suppose I can let you have that one, however, I hope no more plates were hurt in the taking of this picture!

Fragile - a good take on the theme, lovely lighting. And I like the fact it's in a natural setting, my only niggle is the positioning of the boxes I think I'd like something a bit more natural looking with them. Mind you having said that I am not sure what you could do with them :thinking:.
Thanks Mandy :)

To be honest I gave up moving them about :D

Spot on theme, well staged with good lighting and nicely set up too.

Can't find anything wrong with it theme wise.
Cool - Thanks Stan :cool:

Didn't like the colour anyway :), send the rest to a Greek restaurant.

Nicely lit, and spot on theme.
Ha Haaaaa Thanks Martin :)

Hi DK, certainly on theme lighting is good but I am not sure about the BG its a difficult one as I don't know what else you could do,
maybe a crop of the RHS perhaps a square crop :thinking:
ALWAYS open to suggestions mate, I'll see how my week goes, may do that - Thanks :)
don't think you need all the boxes in the frame and it would maybe bring the smashed plates more central and obvious
just a thought
Thanks again, Noted, hope to do a quick crop before the end of the week :)

What a smashing idea :sorry:
:D
The lighting works well and the green design on the crockery gives a good contrast to all the brown of the cupboard doors and boxes. I just hope that if the dinner service was a wedding present, whoever gave it to you doesn't see this :eek:
:D tthanksElaine :)

Good call Dean, nicely executed.
Now clear up before the Mrs see's it :D
Yes Sir, Good Plan, Right on it Sir :D

Hi DK ...I just went to type 'a smashing shot' ...duh :rolleyes:
:D

anyway ...it is :) I like the idea of using the specific house moving boxes it does add more reality to it, hard to see how any other arrangement would work unless you smashed a whole lot more. You're right it does have an extra something on Flickr.
Cheers Susie - and thanks for looking at it on flickr too, I always edit on a large screen and feel you need to see it large to see the vision I had... :D :coat:

Nicely done Dean - I love the idea. Good fit to theme
Many Thanks Lorraine :)

Hey Dean!
Hey Ferg :)
Nice clean shot for fragile[emoji4] everything nice and sharp and I really like the balanced lighting..... You're in so much trouble for breaking all that stuff though![emoji23][emoji23]
He heeee no worries, glued them back together, mind you they do feel a bit flimsy :D

OOOpsss, nice low angle, lovely detail, especially in Flickr. WB looks a little off, but I'm not sure it is?

Cheers.
Cheers Andy :)

Just double checked, I did go for the white 'Fragile' Label as the cupboards are pretty orange and the plates are green and cream, so @posiview it is 'Just an illusion' :whistle:

Great idea, looking forward to your interpretation of fire if it appears later in the year :D

Hi Dean, it's very difficult to get a staged to look natural but it was a good choice to put it into this setting. I like the low angle and lighting!
Thanks Sarah :)

Too true, it did look MUCH more staged on a white infinity background - what was I thinking :D

When you've finished de-cluttering your house could you tell/show Peter how to do it!!;)
Ha Haaaaa - well, I do have a large amount of spare clutter now that Peter might want to store 'Just In Case' :exit:

Gosh when you look on flickr and zoom in you can see the fragility on theplates and tiles from use. A further reminder of how fragile things can be. Best not show the photo otherwise it will be a new floor and dinner service, but suspect you may have this;) oh and you know what us women are like if I need newtiles I might as well have a new kitchen. :eek:
Oh My... never thought about new tiles and Kitchen too :jawdrop:

Thanks Mandy :)

Hi DK

well as a regular I can be brutally honest with yours ha ha
Ooooh yes I can take it from you Summer :D

anyway, your bliss is very dark in the foreground, it needs light man, (I am obsessed with light this year lol)
It's a cinema, it's meant to be dark... you know, dark, rustling of wrappers, coughing from the LH side, youngsters talking all the way through - you get the idea :D

actually I think a pair of female feet and maybe a floaty sheer skirt (no higher than just below the knee) resting in the foam of your beach shot would have made a good image for bliss :)
Hmmmmm now there's a thought :)

fragile is pretty good I guess, suppose I can let you have that one, however, I hope no more plates were hurt in the taking of this picture!
Ha Haaaaa thanks Summer... good to see you back :)

Hiya.
Nice image fits the theme and you get more points for getting the actual words of the topic in there :)

Gaz

Yup, that says fragile... it's right there on the box!

A well chosen setting, which takes away some of the staged element, and the lighting is great, to the degree you kinda don't notice it, but would if it wasn't there.

Nice shot and great for theme - like how the plates have broken :)
Thanks Michalene :)

Surprising what fun you can have with a hammer :D

Yup, that says fragile... it's right there on the box!

A well chosen setting, which takes away some of the staged element, and the lighting is great, to the degree you kinda don't notice it, but would if it wasn't there.
Cheers Nick :)

Yeah a very hard one to try and look truly natural :)

Nice one Dean... finding a way to get rid of that unsightly crockery ;)

Not entirely sure about the composition, but it's well lit (glossy things look glossy without blowing highlights) and I agree with you, the setting works much better than something obviously staged with a white/back background etc.

Looking forward to next week's image from you!

Fragile is how you'll feel in the morning Dean after a night on the sofa. You certainly got the theme.
Thanks Mike :D

Nice one Dean... finding a way to get rid of that unsightly crockery ;)
Tell me about it :whistle:

Not entirely sure about the composition, but it's well lit (glossy things look glossy without blowing highlights) and I agree with you, the setting works much better than something obviously staged with a white/back background etc.

Looking forward to next week's image from you!
Thanks Paul, you'd be impressed if you sore the first tries :)

Nice one Dean, good lighting, good setting poor plate.. Certainly fits the theme, hope nothing else gets broken!
Thanks Michael... only my credit card got slightly bruised :(

And onto the next...

Have got a week behind theme wise, hobby wise it's going well as I still got my camera out for the day at the TP nutters meet at Whipsnade, I just didn't find anything there that I wanted to use for the theme 'Scenic'

SO... The weather was kind today so I popped in the car and headed out for a long drive to the Norfolk Broads, well okay it was 2.4 miles :)

FIRSTLY I will say I learn't a lesson the hard way again today, I set out for my 'Scenic' shot, found a great spot, put my camera on my tripod, reached for my filters :dropjaw:... Yep, in my main bag at home :crying: so what does this effect, well I was after a lot of movement in the reeds, als I hardly got any, I lowered the ISO to 50, closed the lens up as much as possible and upped the exposure compensation as much as it would go without blowing the scene, and with nearly two stops I still didn't get the look I was after, never mind, I WILL remember next time :bang:

I had a couple of ideas, with the area quite flat I certainly wasn't going to get many hills so aimed more at what my local area is more about, here are a couple of shot to choose from, both very similar in composition, just different subject matter.

Now I have uploaded them and edited them, I prefer the windmill, I feel the harder lines help it stand out from the flowing reeds...

Wk 3 - Scenic by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 3 - Scenic 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

THANKS for looking in :)

So, let me get this straight, you travelled around 100 miles to the Chilterns and
couldn't find anything of interest, and yet you go 2 miles across flat terrain to find something? :D

Windmill for me too Dean (y)

So, let me get this straight, you travelled around 100 miles to the Chilterns and
couldn't find anything of interest, and yet you go 2 miles across flat terrain to find something? :D

Windmill for me too Dean (y)
Yeah I know... nuts hey :wacky:

Firstly at 2.4 miles I'd have gone back to get the filters. I've don't the effect you where after and when I took it to my camera club I think most of the thought I'd just taken a blurry photo and not realised it was intentional :roll eyes:

Anyway I digress. Defiantly the windmill one for me. I like that I can just make out the water behind the front line of reeds. It defiantly says Norfolk and is spot on for the theme imho. I wonder if you could get a little more detail in the clouds although I am viewing on a tablet. But nonetheless good stuff!!

Hi ya

1st one for me.....simply wonderful , gorgeous colors & light on the reeds plus a bit of sky interest :clap:
just a thought.....if you revisit ,would you get slightly more of the windmill in view if you took a step to the right :exit:

Firstly at 2.4 miles I'd have gone back to get the filters.
Ooooo yes I was tempted to Mike, a short drive but I had walked 20 minutes along the river too, so guessed I'd lose an hour... so f**k it make do time :D

I've don't the effect you where after and when I took it to my camera club I think most of the thought I'd just taken a blurry photo and not realised it was intentional :roll eyes:
Ha Haaaaa bet that was annoying :banghead:

Anyway I digress. Defiantly the windmill one for me. I like that I can just make out the water behind the front line of reeds. It defiantly says Norfolk and is spot on for the theme imho. I wonder if you could get a little more detail in the clouds although I am viewing on a tablet. But nonetheless good stuff!!
Thanks Mike :)

To be honest I have PP'd the clouds to death, even a pp'd grad, I really should have had me ND filters :(

Hi ya

1st one for me.....simply wonderful , gorgeous colors & light on the reeds plus a bit of sky interest :clap:
Thanks Lynne :)
just a thought.....if you revisit ,would you get slightly more of the windmill in view if you took a step to the right :exit:
Oi you :bat:

:LOL:

Last edited:
Hi DK, i know you didn't get what you were after, its not that far would love to see the result of what you actually wanted it sounds good to me, but the windmill shot is still very good :clap:

maybe you could take another couple of steps closer :giggle: :exit:

Love the first one DK .... The low angle and those straight reeds look great ...I like the fact that it's not a 'typical' scenic shot, but it fits the topic perfectly...it looks even better viewed on Flickr :)
Thanks Susie :)

And an even bigger thanks for taking the effort to look on Flickr, I always try to look on there at peoples shots to see them larger :)

Hi DK, i know you didn't get what you were after, its not that far would love to see the result of what you actually wanted it sounds good to me, but the windmill shot is still very good :clap:
Thanks Allan :)

I'm certainly going to re-visit as soon as I can, I have my filters transfered to my new bag already :)

maybe you could take another couple of steps closer :giggle: :exit:
Yeah right :D

Hey Dean.... First one for me, the reeds in the second one aren't as perky. Like the windmill too, adds and extra interest to a calming scene -nice![emoji4]

Yeah, you need to take a step ladder....PPPPPP, and all that ;)

I like them both, lovely warm light and the detail in the FG reeds.

Just read about forgetting your filters. Oops.

You did well without them, though.

Cheers.

First image for me. Although i would have preferred the sky from second image, nothing that can be done about that, its a case of what was there at the time. gives a sense of warmth in the depths of winter.
(I am still here by the way but getting out is the problem at the moment, may resort to an old image but do not really want to do that.)

The windmill gets it for me, the uniformity of the reeds in the foreground and the windmill itself just work better. The wide crop and a big sky give it a sense of scale, and the golden tones in the reeds are lovely.

Back