weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

Nice one - the red door pops out!

Nicely cropped, plenty of detail and fits the theme well. We don't have many high rise blocks in my area of East Devon, but where I grew up in Southwest London we certainly did and this image captures the 'feel' of those estates really well, for me (imposing, somewhat oppressive and stark is how it feels to me).

Agree with you about the feel of these type of housing/estate. I was in Hong Kong a few years ago and the high rise there are 100% more dense and higher.

Here's just a tiny example. Fanling by Stan, on Flickr

Agree with you about the feel of these type of housing/estate. I was in Hong Kong a few years ago and the high rise there are 100% more dense and higher.

Here's just a tiny example. Fanling by Stan, on Flickr

Yes' i've been to Hong Kong, it's very densely packed with housing!

An interesting a nicely framed shot. An image that pulls you in with more and more detail the longer you look at it.

Yep that's a belter. That calculator goes back a bit :)

Good take and different take on the theme. Shame as a country that we do not "make" more stuff.
My wood work, metal work and tech drawing lessons went to waste.

Pete

Good take and different take on the theme. Shame as a country that we do not "make" more stuff.
My wood work, metal work and tech drawing lessons went to waste.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Nowadays, the government seems to be more interested in the banking, insurance and IT sectors rather than engineering and manufacturing.

Yes that’s nice. As others have said, a different take with some nice tools on show

Living - perfect for the theme. I love the red door.

Still life - lovely composition. I like that the pentel is the same colour as the button on the calculator.

Living - perfect for the theme. I love the red door.

Still life - lovely composition. I like that the pentel is the same colour as the button on the calculator.

Thanks, Bebop. Didn't notice that. Do you mean pencil?

A nice selection of tools.

Thanks, Joan.

A clever take on the theme, works very well. Nice job

Different... Nice!
I like the composition with the drawing board behind.

Nice idea for the theme and an interesting set of objects. I assume they would be classed as "old school" now :-(

Reactions: rpn
Great take on the theme Stan really nicely done and the lay out goes to a T.

Thanks, Dave. Glad you like the shot.

Nice idea for the theme and an interesting set of objects. I assume they would be classed as "old school" now :-(

Thanks, Helen. I suppose they are its all computer programs and computer aided design (CAD) taking over from old school draughting.

So many possibilities and subjects to choose from for this week's theme. But I stick to what I know best and work with in my working life.

Week 49 Still Life

Still Life by Stan, on Flickr

Love it - as someone of "a certain age" who went through the mill learning to draft plans pre-CAD, this does the trick - basically it "speaks to me" and I can see why everything in the picture would have a purpose being there - shame the actual plans didn't feature something with either a bearing housing, bearings or something that would involve the cogs, but we'll assume that was on one of the attached sheets ;)

Love it - as someone of "a certain age" who went through the mill learning to draft plans pre-CAD, this does the trick - basically it "speaks to me" and I can see why everything in the picture would have a purpose being there - shame the actual plans didn't feature something with either a bearing housing, bearings or something that would involve the cogs, but we'll assume that was on one of the attached sheets ;)

Thanks, Mark. I'm a retired civil/structural engineer in the offshore oil & gas and those bearings and gears got nothing to do with my line of work. They are from my younger days' hobby of radio control model car racing. :)

The Empire will not tolerate funkiness!

There's a story there, I like it!

Back