weekly Sonriendo's 52:2014 Thread - #9 Positive/Positivo

Hahaaaaaa.... I first saw this and thought 'what the fnck is she thinking' .... took a second or two for the penny to drop, great idea, lovely bright colours, again a good background and, one shot that makes me smile each time I see it :)

:LOL: Things that are obvious to me not quite so to other people - strange child :D and thank you.

Hi Sarah

Line - very well caught expression, good 'dashing' line - quite Dali - esque. Super lighting
Play - I note that you say that you have gone for the softer look and in that case it works well - I would just prefer a little more of the flute in focus and a bit more contrast in the image - but small points. B/g is fine and sets the context without too much detail.
Close - the title makes it fit the theme. Good impact, vibrant colours and clean b/g. Maybe a bit more detail in the textures of the fruit:thinking:

Hi Sarah

Line - very well caught expression, good 'dashing' line - quite Dali - esque. Super lighting
Play - I note that you say that you have gone for the softer look and in that case it works well - I would just prefer a little more of the flute in focus and a bit more contrast in the image - but small points. B/g is fine and sets the context without too much detail.
Close - the title makes it fit the theme. Good impact, vibrant colours and clean b/g. Maybe a bit more detail in the textures of the fruit:thinking:

Hello Alan

Thank you for your crit - the flute is one for a re shoot at the moment (if that card gets pulled) and with a larger DOF, different room and a few other tweaks ;) Yep, could probably have upped the clarity slider on the fruits - most unusual for me - I usually (to most people's tastes) tend tyo over do it a bit.

Hello Alan

Thank you for your crit - the flute is one for a re shoot at the moment (if that card gets pulled) and with a larger DOF, different room and a few other tweaks ;) Yep, could probably have upped the clarity slider on the fruits - most unusual for me - I usually (to most people's tastes) tend tyo over do it a bit.

Yes , may make a good re shoot - I have been most impressed with he shots that people have posted of flutes, saxes, cornets etc - all very photogenic

Close: Really lovely picture Sarah...The youthful yellow against the white background gives the feeling of happiness....I like the elongated framing and bet this would look great on a kitchen wall

Thank you Jason - my kitchen has yello painted walls - so might just be a tad too much :D

Nice colours, good clean BG and well thought out (y)

Thank you :)

This was a fantastic take on the theme. I love it! The only thing I would change is cleaning up the lemon skins just to emphasis the difference between the two and maybe adjusting the colours of the banana and lemons a little so they look a bit closer in colour.

I should really have gone and got new fresh lemons, these had been hanging around for a while :D

I have to say I'm a little confused. I like the picture (Close), like others say, it's very clean and vibrant in colour and there're no shadows either, which is something I'm yet to accomplish, but I don't get it for close, unless it's a close up of some fruit.
I think it would have worked well for Odd too!

I have to say I'm a little confused. I like the picture (Close), like others say, it's very clean and vibrant in colour and there're no shadows either, which is something I'm yet to accomplish, but I don't get it for close, unless it's a close up of some fruit.
I think it would have worked well for Odd too!

I used this definition of the word

Ergo it's a fruit, it's yellow but it's not a lemon :D

Last edited:
I also saw it (after my first look) as a line of four from a fruit machine.... 4 lemons gets a massive payout, a random banana in amongst them gets zilch! So close... :(

Threatened a house model again :D

#4 Bubble Burbuja
by Sonriendo, on Flickr

Not overly pleased with this - a bit more styling was required or a hairbrush at the very least :LOL: Bubble gum was green :wacky::eek: so I had to turn it pink - but managed to do it all in Lightroom - such a lazy bag :D

Really nice take on the theme and one I toyed with myself... unfortunately my kids have grown up so quickly and would run a mile if I asked them to stand in front of the camera for me...
Her expression says it all... its as if shes waiting for it to burst lol...

Really? It was green?
You wouldn't know, so great editing there.
I think it's really good and original take on theme. Good stuff.

If I'd known I wouldn't have bought it - very lazy photographer me :D

Really nice take on the theme and one I toyed with myself... unfortunately my kids have grown up so quickly and would run a mile if I asked them to stand in front of the camera for me...
Her expression says it all... its as if shes waiting for it to burst lol...

I just threaten mine with loss of taxiing about - job done :D Also helps that they're a pair of posers and don't mind doing stupid stuff ;)

Hi Sarah, another week, another cracking photograph (y)
Once again, its the eye contact and expression which really makes this for me.
No crit to add really, technically very good, on theme and another for the family album ;)

PS "How do you change the colour in Lightroom?"

Hi Sarah, another week, another cracking photograph (y)
Once again, its the eye contact and expression which really makes this for me.
No crit to add really, technically very good, on theme and another for the family album ;)

PS "How do you change the colour in Lightroom?"

Thank you - Iain it's the big stick I have in my hand when I'm directing them ;)

When you use the brush tool there is a box at the bottom with a cross through it and colour written by the side of it - I usually up the clarity a touch or something and use what ever colour I'm after - it's quite good for adding lipstick. You can also adjust whatever slider above you require at the same time :D

Thank you - Iain it's the big stick I have in my hand when I'm directing them ;)

When you use the brush tool there is a box at the bottom with a cross through it and colour written by the side of it - I usually up the clarity a touch or something and use what ever colour I'm after - it's quite good for adding lipstick. You can also adjust whatever slider above you require at the same time :D

Big stick, I get you :D
Thanks for the tip on Lightroom, I am very new to it but slowly getting my head around it.

Big stick, I get you :D
Thanks for the tip on Lightroom, I am very new to it but slowly getting my head around it.

I very rarely use Photoshop now - I've alsmost forgotten how to do basic adjustments in it - just use it for big cloning jobs really or changing backgrounds around - but I'm very lazy. One of the blogs I follow is doing a month only usingLightroom most interesting

Hi Sarah,

Bubble - Love the facial expression! I'm really impressed with both this and your Line shot. Nice work. (y)

Thank you very much - not sure where they get their comfort on "that" side of the camera from - I hate it :LOL:

Excellent image Sarah (y), as mentioned the expression and eyes certainly stand out, hope you got an after shot of it bursting! :D

Excellent image Sarah (y), as mentioned the expression and eyes certainly stand out, hope you got an after shot of it bursting! :D

There is one - unfortunately not all over her face - but there's popping blur in the bubble :(

Back