weekly 2009, 2011, 2016! Kennysarmy's third 52 week challenge...

Nice striking colours in this. I think it would be better if the perspective was corrected to straighten the front face of the building though.

Wow! That's a huge place to be left abandoned. Shame. Well taken - nice bright colours.

Abandoned - nicely on theme and the car park adds to the scene well. Building looks a touch "flat on" but that aside it's well executed and a good spot. As others have said, a shame such things are built and then abandoned. Nice one for you to find though!

Hi Jeff,
Spot on theme but a bit hard on the eyes to look at with the perspective like that.

I can see that the LHS verticals are vertical, but the RHS makes it look as if the frame of the shot leans out.
A little lens correction (easiest to do using the transform controls in PS) could have straightened the vericals on t'other side which I think would have helped a bit.

I found it!!!!
I need a drink now, but I found it!
Very well done.

Where's Wally? ... by the 2nd purple on the left. Nice one Jeff ... must show the boss, she's got a thing about buttons too.

Took me a while in the pictures thread but great image love all the different colours shapes and sizes

Falling behind with the sewing are we ? Very mesmerising. Visually went around and around thinking it may be a toggle then a heart then thimble ha ha. Great one for Camouflaged - several times over. :clap:

Great fun and a really clever concept. All the more frustrating for how obvious it is once you find it!

Camouflaged is a great image, brings an album cover to mind, can't remember who by or even if its a album. Haha

Whoa! A political statement for the theme eh! Leaving the politics aside, nice and colourful, good expressions captured and a balanced composition - good street photography Jeff ... like it. :clap:

I thought that was a chocolate button when I first saw it but then read the Davids post about where's wally and spent the next 10 mins looking for him, now my eyes hurt. Good effort on the theme it certainly fits.

Good to see something different for dangerous, a political point well made

Camouflage - nicely taken and there are a few others with similar(ish) ideas. Good idea and composition works - maybe a slight angle to bring some DOF into play, perhaps?
Dangerous - perfectly on theme as those RSPB types are nothing short of lunatics! Oh, it's the UKIP folks you mean? :D Nicely shot - a good bit of eye contact and their facial expressions lend more weight to the theme as well. Well thought out and executed.

When the theme came up I thought a photo taken of an angry crowd of right-wing protesters bearing down on the camera would be cool, but not something I was able or willing to set up! This is a gentler take on the same theme, made more poignant by the inclusion of the brainwashed child alongside the predictably dour adults.

Abandoned - I like the inclusion of the car park as it adds to the sense of abandonment.
Camouflage - that's a lot of buttons! I really like the mix of all the different types/colour of button and I couldn't find the one until I read the cadbury clue. One of my favourites for this theme.
Dangerous - A good street shot, tells a story and is well composed.

Bugger, they are Dangerous :eek:

Clever interpretation Jeff, just a little tight at the top for me. I also think it is very scary getting a child involved. It has all kinds of implications and shows they will go to any lengths to get new members so the Danger for me is the cynical use of the child and the porential abuse going on.

Oh I bet they've got a few supporters down in Gloucester, they wouldn't dare flaunt it like that up here. Neat interpretation.

Photographically, not bad. I guess you daren't get too close ... like your wonderful Happy shot.

Last edited:
Back