weekly .

Perhaps the blacks could be brought up? on here it looks like the detail has been lost (but maybe it's there in the RAW).
Maybe having it lit from the front? Dunno, maybe you were aiming for the dramatic side lighting.

Interesting place, nice pic it has quite a desolate feel to it

Short

I like it. It's got some drama to it. Maybe a little vignetting or darkening of the foreground.

Yuyp - Short works very well.

Just noticed Round too - dunno how I missed that - it's FAB!

What a great find for short, really suits the short of water idea, nicely captured

Hi Roger

Short - Another interesting image, good use of B&W. I like submerged trees. Plenty of sharp detail to feast on.

Pete

That forks seen some abuse really like the DoF dark patch top right which I assume is an arm? Is a little distracting but hard to miss out I suppose

I like the shallow DoF you've used for fork out works well. My eyes are drawn to the points of the fork so the arm in the top right doesn't spoil the image for me at all. Looks good against the sky too, nice work

Well thought out and very different take on forked, a really strong image.

Roger

A very different Image and very obviously fits the theme. Nice use of DOF and limited colours.

Pete

Fork

As the others have said, a good use of shallow dof. It's quite simplistic, but that works well.
I've got a couple of forms that look like that.

The glow of the fire really grabs your attention and you have handled it very well its nicely composed and thats a lovely fairy house you have there

Garden refuse, good image and well taken Roger. Liking the glow of the burning refuse, good focus and a nice BG to set it off.
Thanks Dave, been trying to figure out a picture that used the old burner. Refuse fitted the bill nicely.
Fork

As the others have said, a good use of shallow dof. It's quite simplistic, but that works well.
I've got a couple of forms that look like that.
I thought about what would be a worms eye view of a gardening fork!

Refuse

I like the brightness of the fire against the dark rust.
Thanks Dominic.

The glow of the fire really grabs your attention and you have handled it very well its nicely composed and thats a lovely fairy house you have there
Thanks Allan, I was careful not to overexpose the fire then brought the shadows up in LR.

Hi Roger

Nice shot as other have said the glow and DOFmakes the picture. You are also doing a good job of smoking the neighbours.

Pete.

Refuse - lovely shot - I can feel the glow! Get some bangers on! :)

I agree, refuse works well for the theme and is very nicely photographed.

I like the high contrast look really picks out the white walled tyres and chrome trim and the tight crop works well (y)

Great Photo Roger, really has the feel for the age of the car. Shame about the intruder into the frame, I bet you wished you could have cropped him.
BTW much better in B&W.

Dark

I really like what you've done with the black and white conversion.
As someone else said shame about the back of the car, but it was out of your control.

It is a lovely car, I find it a bit tight in the frame but can see why you went for that, the processing suits it well.

BTW the link from the main thread to here is not working for some reason

Pity the bears not facing our way otherwise it works fine, he seems to be have a great time in the water.

Yeah - can bearly see his face :)

Splash does the job, difficult to capture I imagine.

Very good sky in the reshoot, suits the lone-tree mood.

Hi Roger,

Splash - Nice and bright, on-theme, doesn't jump out at me, perhaps a different crop?
Rural (Reshoot) - Love the clouds and the composition. That works really well (y)
Pulled - I don't do bugs, but I can appreciate the colours and the way the web stands out. Nicely taken.

Roger

Splash, the bear doesn't look to happy either. always difficult to take photos in a zoo, the animals always do their own thing.

Rural reshoot, nice sky, B&W works well for the Image, better on Flickr.

Pulled, different take on the theme, while not my sort of thing, the web makes the shot work.

Pete

I like the concept for pulled, if you have something like Lightroom you could try desaturating the pinks but it works for me.

Back