weekly .

Pull

I would probably echo what the others have said.
Macro is hard, but so rewarding when you get it right.

Well that was quick off the mark Roger!
I like the overall orangeness of the image, is it a book? Or is a collage you have hung on the wall?
Nicely captured. No dodgy reflections or lighting.
To me it seems that it is giving a glimpse into someone's (your?) life at a point in time.

It’s certainly an insight but what does/did it mean to you at the time, what were you trying to achieve, it just seems a bit random. Have you just done this or is it old and you have kept it if so it must mean something or bring back certain memories. I’m just interested.

Roger

The Image is no longer showing. Perhaps AP disapproved of you cutting up and rearranging their Magazine.

Pete

Very bright and a bucket with personality I do hope there were a lot of people on the beach watching.
Technically a bit tight at the bottom and right hand side but that is being a little picky

Hi Roger, just catching up with your latest images and I LOVE your reshoot of Rural. Composition is spot on with the tree over to the side and the details and textures of the grass in the foreground, and the sky is the crowning glory. B&W was absolutely the right choice, too. Very nice :clap:

Pulled is interesting, and there is possibly a slightly stronger image in there with a crop here and there - mainly the pink flowers near the top of the frame - but I think the narrow DOF works nicely to draw the eye straight to the remains of the insect and the fascinating patterns of the web. Actually, having clicked to the next page, I see you have made an edit and that is pretty much what I had in mind! Much better, I think.

Art is not showing here in the thread but is still on Flickr. Not quite sure what to make of it but it certainly ticks the 'art' box and had me looking and wondering for a little while, so it served its purpose :)

Bizarre is excellent! A nice touch of humour with the blue buckets theme, bold colours and a completely strange combination of items and setting. Love it :clap:

Finally, Wild looks a bit like here today, with wind whipping up from the west! It's displaying in a small size here in the thread but on Flickr it looks impressive with the dark sea mirrored in the dark clouds at the top of the frame, and an interesting-looking building on the distant land. Very moody and definitely hints at wild weather conditions.

Last edited:
Autumn, Know its a long exposure but the water looks an odd colour maybe a WB issue but nice enough image otherwise
Hollow, pity about the left eye being cut off, quite a sinister image though

Something a bit Dr Who monster about "Hollow" - which is a good thing :naughty:

The water in Autumn does not look quite right but it captures some good autumn colour in the trees.

I really like hollow, you have a really good eye for that kind of photo.

The water in Autumn does not look quite right but it captures some good autumn colour in the trees.

I really like hollow, you have a really good eye for that kind of photo.
Not interested in your comments.

No thanks, you would do well to learn you are not the centre of the universe and try coping mechanisms for rejection, strange that the one who complains about personal issues in the 52 is the very first to get personal and start offering his opinions on the personality of others!

Anger management
Good Film, Jack Nicholson has always been a hero of mine, was part of the Prankster Family. Did you have a point?

It was ok no Jack Nicholson though it would have been better with him

What a great waterfall and location for your Autumn image, Roger! The browns and reds are perfect for the theme and I like the layers of rocks and greenery all the way down the left hand side and the tree at the top on the right, which both give a sense of scale. Good texture in the water too, although I am also wondering about the colours - in places it looks a pinky mauve on my screen?

Hollow is a great take on the theme and grabs your attention, especially the dark/light contrast and the hint of a pupil in both eye gaps (y) What is the subject - an ornament of some type?

Hi Roger,

• Wild - "It was a dark and stormy night" ;) You can see this as the cover of a novel can't you... I likes it. It captures the feel of a wild night.
  • Autumn - Nice autumnal colours. Good seasonal shot of the waterfall.
  • Hollow - Is it a mask? It has me sitting here wondering what the pupils are. Quite like the transition from light to dark.

It is a mask taken from the inside, looking out. the pupils are what the Hollow man can see which are actually a pair of wolves on the TV! It is an interesting optical illusion that the mask looks like your looking in when your looking out, you can just about notice that the nose is indented.
Oh, that's really quite clever :) I assumed I was looking in.

Thank you, much appreciated. If you mean the mask it is a 99p Halloween mask from Lidl shot from inside.:) The water I do not know exactly what is going on with it, I have trouble with some colour balancing and cannot see what everybody else see's so obviously, its weird for me, most of the time I can see it but this time I cannot. Feel free to download it and alter the picture I would love to be able to tell the difference.

Aha, now you've told me what it is I can see it :) Good idea and very effective.

I'm not sure about correcting the colours as I'm not great with PP, but I could have a go tomorrow evening if you like. It doesn't detract from the image or the great waterfall, just looks a bit 'painterly' perhaps.

Roger

Bizarre, I think the best of the blue bucket images, plenty of punch in the colours and very amusing.

Wild, looks better on Flickr, more contrast making the wild waves show more. Great sky.

Autumn, something strange has happened to that water, looks like milk, apart from that some very nice autumnal colours on show.

Hollow, lots of details on the light side, but have been tricky to get that lighting effect. Only down side is the left hand eye is obstructed a bit.

Beautiful, lovely colours in the sky.

Model, I like this, very WW1 like in the processing and setup.

Corner, very clever use of shadows and model figures.

Pete

Hi Roger,

Model - Great looking image, very WWI and honestly it looks like an old shot of downed plane - Which I guess is exactly the effect you were going for. Splendid :clap: I'd say the best shot posted for the model theme.
Cornered - As Pete says, clever use of shadows. You have to look at it to understnad, but once you do it's evident what is going on. (y)

A couple of images quite different from the norm for these themes, adding an extra dimension :)

Hi Roger

beautiful, very fitting image, lovely colours and scene, nice composition.

model, really like the processing on this one, I like it,

cornered, again, like the processing, very creative.

Filthy, very good interpretation of the theme, processing works well, if anything the vignette is perhaps a little too strong.

Nice take on Filthy!

Ooh Roger, I am liking your recent images very much! Beautiful is a lovely sunset and crowned by the distant coastline, but the latest four images are quite different in style and all excellent. Unusual and effective processing, original ideas for the themes, and so creative. Corner(ed) is very striking indeed - well done :clap:

I'll be Frank - thta's a good take for Mark :)

Hi Roger,

Filthy - Bit of a theme going on here I feel. Presumably you built this too? It looks very well done. Are you Jimmy Cauty in disguise? Very poignant looking shot, the process is once again shot on.

Re-shoot - Heavy - More excellent processing and presumably the shot was taken with this processing in mind, with the blown out whites to black lost shadows.

Mark - As Michael says, simple and effective, but also nicely detailed as it is far larger than life.

Back