weekly aljazzeras 2013 52-week 52 WATER added COMPLETE

Thank you
To answer Brian, The only PS done on the apple and lime was the inside of the fruit the apple was sliced that way I dont really know what you mean by the core, the core is what exactly? :thinking: its slightly off centre but I never moved it thats what it is.

What I meant was, if you look closely there's a miss match at the bottom of the right hand fruit between the centre of the lemon insides and the apple core dimple on the outside. You could have tweaked that in photoshop.

I'm just being pedantic. MOO. :)

What I meant was, if you look closely there's a miss match at the bottom of the right hand fruit between the centre of the lemon insides and the apple core dimple on the outside. You could have tweaked that in photoshop.

I'm just being pedantic. MOO. :)

I see what you are saying and you are indeed pedantic :p but when is fruit ever perfectly symmetrical, if you look at the apple part of the image the stalk is not in line with the bottom core.
I did a lot of manipulation of the image and did have to use a lot of distort and skew to line it up as best I could..... Which of course is perfect :cautious:

To be really pedantic that lemons a lime ;)
Bullocks to you :naughty: :)

Last edited:
Hi ya :wave:

Cut :notworthy::notworthy:

bloomin 'eck that's excellent :clap::clap: No crit from me as I think it's just bl***y amazing :clap: Brilliant thinking & execution....LOVE IT (y)

I have no idea how to even start doing something like that & even less about how to find a tutorial about how to do it !

Pattern....beautiful bird with great plumage colors , well placed in the frame (y) wish I could remember what type of bird it is :bang:

Wild.....super detail in the feathers & mono works a treat (y)

By the way....did I mention I LOVE CUT (y)

Just spotted this ....love it....very spooky but really really good & a great take on the theme (y) The tombstone is lovely n sharp , the lighting suits the image just right :clap: I may have been tempted to up the density of the ghost just a wee smidge as the top half seems slightly less "there" than the legs....unless of course that was the intention , in which case ignore me :LOL:

cheers :wave:

Just spotted this ....love it....very spooky but really really good & a great take on the theme (y) The tombstone is lovely n sharp , the lighting suits the image just right :clap: I may have been tempted to up the density of the ghost just a wee smidge as the top half seems slightly less "there" than the legs....unless of course that was the intention , in which case ignore me :LOL:

cheers :wave:

Thanks Lynne
The density of the ghost, I do know what you mean that was my thought too, her jeans where darker than the coat I suppose.
She wouldn't wear the victorian outfit I had for her:bat:, as we all know ghosts are victorian.

Great shot Allan.

I think the density is spot on. It is clearly visibly whilst not taking anything away from the image. It creates interest and makes the viewer look for more. If the density was greater it wouldn't have the same affect. (y)

Nice - liking it... clever composition too, having the headstone where you'd expect the focal point of the image to be, and then having the ghostly figure as the thing you notice second.

Live really good idea this. Good composition the portrait orientation works well with the tombstones. I viewed it last night and the ghost seemed less visible. Not sure if you posted an edit or It was my laptop.

Not sure who the figure is but I can imagine you saying come to the graveyard and pretend to be dead :D

Cheers.

I see what you are saying

Glad we understand each other. :D

Bullocks to you :naughty: :)

I was out running on Tuesday evening (cross country in the dark) and - staring at my feet to see where I was going, head torch on of course - I ran straight into the middle of a herd of frisky bullocks! - scary stuff :LOL:

Of course now I know who put them up to it, I surrender! :crying:

:LOL:

Last edited:
The ghost could do with being a little more there if you see what I mean.

Cracking shot of the gravestones.

2 could be straight out of Dr Who :)

1 is very different to what I was expecting for a reflection shot, nice one (y)

Wow. Love that second one. That's brilliant.

Thanks

'ello 'ello...what's this then.....#2 is just plain scary :eek:

#1 intrigues me......pp effects maybe ?

No pp effects just a little cloning to get rid of some branches and odd spots and some levels adjusting to get some colour back in the sky.
The reflection is on water (the local canal) and then rotated so it was the right way up

2 could be straight out of Dr Who :)

1 is very different to what I was expecting for a reflection shot, nice one (y)

Thanks, it does remind me of Dr Who too

Good work on both reflections Allan (y)

As Andy's, I like the symmetry in #1, the reflection of the pylon fills the frame, concentrating the viewers eye.

I do like these type of reflections in water. The fact that the water isn't still only adds to the feel and beauty of the image. It gives a softer look to what is an obvious 'hard' subject IYSWIM ;)

The colour tones are particularly pleasing on the eye too. I like it :D

#2 works well too, the abstract nature of it allows the viewer to guess or work out what exactly it is we are looking at, although I haven't worked it out yet :LOL:

3 cracking reflections. I'm torn between #1 and #3. #1 works for me because of the exclusion of the actual pylon. #2, is #1 for me :D. I thought it was sightly under exposed but I suspect you got what you were after. I really ike how the light falls of on the back of the ladybird.

Cheers.

I think tbh I prefer the first of the pylon, with its wibbly arms and wires being the only thing to give a clue that it is reflected.

2nd is very halloweeney, like it too.

ladybird phot just says that I need to clean some dust off my screen :LOL: Great close up job though - like the use of limited lighting to counter the limited DOF macro tends to give.

Not been to keen on this subject but have managed to come up with this.

jelly babies by allanhowe, on Flickr

Not really sure it works, but have learnt about colour replacement in elements so thats a plus point

Hey Allan :)

Live - Excellent idea, great PP and lighting on the main headstone, I can't fault that at all :clap:

Reflection - That works very well, I like how you are showing just the reflection and not the actual pylon, the movement in the water adds a great errie look to it too - Nice One (y)

Melt - You Bugger, that's a super shot, another I am struggling to fault, great colours, well lit and even background, and the composition is spot on, nothing to add bar the :clap:

Live is a great shot. A really nice idea, and it works as an image. The setting is spot on, and the cold colours add to the chilling feel. Love the processing.

I like the scary abstract reflection shot lots, but the Ladybird has it for me, great lighting and detail, and the composition works well.

Melt - Tough theme, and you've pulled something out of it. It works for me, nice idea and well done.

very cleverly done - great colours... I'd also like a bit more as to how you got to this shot??

Were they all together - the "melts" seem to be going different directions??

Its been very quite all week here :tumbleweed:
To answer the questions First thing I found out was that jelly babies dont really melt,
So the set up was a piece of A4 paper, 3 jelly babies and some honey
I cut one jelly babies legs off, the other i chopped it at the waist and cut the back off the one lying down.
Made 3 artistic puddles of honey and placed a jelly baby in each of them
In Elements I tidied up any drops and then coloured each bit of honey to match the jelly babies.
Thats all there was to it :whistle:

Graham I wasnt aware that "melts" would go in the same direction :LOL:

Thank you Brian for your insightful comment o_O

No offence intended. I thought it was meant to be a "funny". I have just been to flickr and I can now see it's a teddy, I thought it was dog muck! :LOL:

Last edited:
I did take it as a joke, i am not offended so no worries and i do see what you mean
it might have been better your way though getting Jane to have a sh*t in the woods might prove to be a step too far

You could always cast your wonky eyes over melt while you are here, seeing as you couldn't be ars*d last week :cautious:

Last edited:
Melt was very clever, not just the idea but the execution, I will have to remember the Honey trick (I'm sure it will be useful at some time!) The colours came out well, I wouldn't have known you had faked them in the "juice", so top marks there. Like Graham also said, I thought it was a composite, runny stuff does tend to go all in the same direction after all, but that's just a minor point.

As for LEFT... well, the characters of the story are quite small in the frame. Perhaps if the person had been closer (and maybe pushing a pushchair?) it would make the story more obvious. But I can see why you wanted them further away to emphasise the "left behind" feeling. Colours and light are nice. (y)

PS. I thought it might be smart if I recreated what I thought I'd seen - but Kathie won't poo in the woods, I did ask her. (what a spoil sport eh?)

Back