Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Great camera shot Alan, nice lighting and composition, I remember the little aftermarket red button on the shutter release, had one on my Nikon FE were they called a soft shutter release?

OP
Allan.H
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Great camera shot Alan, nice lighting and composition, I remember the little aftermarket red button on the shutter release, had one on my Nikon FE were they called a soft shutter release?
I think so Roger not sure as I was given a couple but that does ring a bell
Thanks for looking in

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Oil say I like that :D

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Great image. It's very abstract - it could almost be a landscape aerial shot.

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
PRINCESS
Edit My Images
No
Great colourful abstract image Allen, nice overhead too.

OP
Allan.H
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
WEEK 51 SHOWCASE

Beluga by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Perhaps not the greatest photograph but the most exciting one I took this year, this is the Airbus Beluga it transports wings to France.
It was taken during the lockdown, we were having a walk down the river Dee I only had the Fuji X100F on me which is a fixed 23mm lens not the best for aviation photography,
I saw it in the distance coming into land at Hawarden Airport which was just over the river from where I was. I managed to place myself directly in its flightpath as it passed over my head at about 30ft, very noisy and quite scary This is the best shot I managed it was about 100 meters away from me on its approach to land.

Last edited:

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
PRINCESS
Edit My Images
No
Two great images for showcase Allan, got to be the Airbus for me as love how it just pops with the grey skies.

OP
Allan.H
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Two good shots there Allan. Particularly like the angle of shot and the space around the plane
Thanks for looking in, it’s part of a zine I did during lock down that’s still sitting on my computer never got round to printing it though.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Abstract: Nice and colourful and a good idea fo the theme.
Showcase: Two good shots and I really like the one of the aircraft. Being limited to a shot with one available focal length has produced something rather different. and it's really well framed in the landscape around it.

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Blimey, the 23mm certainly gives a different perspective. Knowing what sitting at the end of a runway looks like when large planes are landing, I would have put you 1/4 of a mile out and a good 300 foot clearance from that shot.
I'm not really an aviation enthusiast (quite like air-shows like Wings and Wheels (rip)) though I have been known to take the odd aircraft shot when I'm bored, as I'm so close. I would expect you'd get a lot of love for that shot on aviation forums.

Cobra

Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
I'm not really a fan of aircraft images but that one really stands out, great angle (y)

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Abstract
It could be a photo of Jupiter.

Showcase
Considering the limited camera options, I think you do a good job. I like the central positioning of the plane.

Last edited:
OP
Allan.H
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Abstract: Nice and colourful and a good idea fo the theme.
Showcase: Two good shots and I really like the one of the aircraft. Being limited to a shot with one available focal length has produced something rather different. and it's really well framed in the landscape around it.
Thanks

OP
Allan.H
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Blimey, the 23mm certainly gives a different perspective. Knowing what sitting at the end of a runway looks like when large planes are landing, I would have put you 1/4 of a mile out and a good 300 foot clearance from that shot.
I'm not really an aviation enthusiast (quite like air-shows like Wings and Wheels (rip)) though I have been known to take the odd aircraft shot when I'm bored, as I'm so close. I would expect you'd get a lot of love for that shot on aviation forums.
Thanks Tim it does look further away than you think but I think I only managed about 3 shots before it was directly above me

OP
Allan.H
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
I'm not really a fan of aircraft images but that one really stands out, great angle (y)
not a fan either it was an opportunity to good to miss and I don’t think it would work as a close up it’s nice to have a bit of the landscape in the frame

Abstract
It could be a photo of Jupiter.

Showcase
Considering the limited camera options, I think you do a good job. I like the central positioning of the plane.
Thanks Dominic

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Big bugger for sure. I remember photographing the original prop poweref "Guppy" years ago when I worked at Manchester Airport.

Super angle on it!

Edit My Images
No
Abstract - an oil leak is not usually a good thing, but worked well for you - nice colours!

Showcase - I'd not heard of a Beluga aircraft, but I can see it is aptly named. It must have been scarily close - I like the colour palette, the field and hedge leading you through it and the moody sky - makes it more interesting than against a plain blue sky to me.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Nice showcase shot.. I love the cloudy background and the way the aircraft stands out.