Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

The star is a nice find, I like it slightly off centre in all its grittiness.

Geetars are always very photogenic, interesting placement in the frame here.

Nice, simple, sharp photo of the guitar. I don't mind the border at all, and it didn't occur to me about the space at the top unitl someone else mentioned it!

What I can't stop looking at is the dark line that separates the neck of the guitar from the border. Is that a black border inside the white one or a black strip across the neck of the guitar? I can't figure it out, but it makes the head of the guitar look slightly disembodied!

Last edited:
Lovely B&W for order, Allan. I really like that, particularly the negative space and spot on exposure.

Nice clean image, great composition and B&W conversion. Nothing the criticise.

The star is a nice find, I like it slightly off centre in all its grittiness.

Geetars are always very photogenic, interesting placement in the frame here.

Thanks d00d

Hi Allan,
As has been said, it a very simple idea, but well executed.
(y)

Thank you

Nice, simple, sharp photo of the guitar. I don't mind the border at all, and it didn't occur to me about the space at the top unitl someone else mentioned it!

What I can't stop looking at is the dark line that separates the neck of the guitar from the border. Is that a black border inside the white one or a black strip across the neck of the guitar? I can't figure it out, but it makes the head of the guitar look slightly disembodied!

The black line is part of the border I had to go back and have another look, well spotted and I see what you mean

Lovely B&W for order, Allan. I really like that, particularly the negative space and spot on exposure.

Thanks

Nice clean image, great composition and B&W conversion. Nothing the criticise.

Thank you

week 1 I love this image, I had thought about doing something like that with one off my guitars for the theme, but I wasn't sure on how to execute the image. You have done very well with this image, nice lighting, good clean black background, pin sharp focus and I can clearly see the strings, sterling work my friend.

Beautiful instrument. Nuff said!

But seriously it's a very nice clean sharp image and I like that it is in black and white.

week 1 I love this image, I had thought about doing something like that with one off my guitars for the theme, but I wasn't sure on how to execute the image. You have done very well with this image, nice lighting, good clean black background, pin sharp focus and I can clearly see the strings, sterling work my friend.

Thank you Mandy

Beautiful instrument. Nuff said!

But seriously it's a very nice clean sharp image and I like that it is in black and white.

Thanks, it is indeed

Good start to your 52.

Week 0 - Not heard the song but I like the shot, can't help wondering why there was a star on the ground?

Week 1 - Nice clean shot simple shot, very well executed.

Good start to your 52.

Week 0 - Not heard the song but I like the shot, can't help wondering why there was a star on the ground?

Week 1 - Nice clean shot simple shot, very well executed.
Thanks the star is part of a war memorial to the Cheshire regiment

All been said already Allan but I'll say it again anyway. I love the composition spot on the third and the crispness of the image. Don't mind the border as I can't see it on here :p and I use them quite often anyway.

All been said already Allan but I'll say it again anyway. I love the composition spot on the third and the crispness of the image. Don't mind the border as I can't see it on here :p and I use them quite often anyway.
Thank you

Spot on.
Super image, with lighting and composition just right. (y)

Hi Allan ...I love them :) Really cute and perfect for the theme. I like the fact we can see the 'eyes' on the red one. Interesting to read Andy's quote on the white ...there is such a difference between my computer monitor and my ipad ... the white is spot on on my ipad.

Hi Allan ...I love them :) Really cute and perfect for the theme. I like the fact we can see the 'eyes' on the red one. Interesting to read Andy's quote on the white ...there is such a difference between my computer monitor and my ipad ... the white is spot on on my ipad.
Thanks Susie, the white is better on flickr too, this forum tends to dull the images I have noticed recently,
but on saying that getting the white right was difficult pushing it too much blows it out

Excellent choice and composition Allan. Simple but oh so effective.

Awe. Great props, nice job, but left wondering if you'd lose anything by showing them in their entirety.

I love the three colour combo and the positioning in the frame is spot on too - it looks great :)

Thank you
Awe. Great props, nice job, but left wondering if you'd lose anything by showing them in their entirety.

As I said earlier I have used them before and In their entirety so I had to do something different, thanks

Salt and pepper pots? Strong yet simple image (y)

They are indeed salt and pepper pots, thanks for looking

Very nice Allan, I thought I had seen these before too, good colours and background again, spot on composition too :)

Thank you

I did wonder what they were.
Simple but strong image again Allan.
What was the lighting? as there are two distinct edges to the shadow that's cast.
It was just the light in the kitchen which is just four spotlights was going to use flash but it seemed to work in my opinion, I had to take out the reflections in PS, quick and easy really

Great composition, great lighting and great colours. Who would have thought the salt and pepper pots could be so comforting!

Interesting image and choice of subjects Allan.
Bang on theme.

Back