Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

I like the three, but that first stairway image stands out to me. Don't know what it is but my eyes are constantly drawn back to it. 3 super derelict shots that work well together. But damn I like that first picture.

I like the three, but that first stairway image stands out to me. Don't know what it is but my eyes are constantly drawn back to it. 3 super derelict shots that work well together. But damn I like that first picture.
Thanks

Nice take on Home :)

Different take on home Allan, my knowledge of football has been greatly increased now I know there are family zones!

Elegant is very good love the detail, the DOF giving an uncluttered background, and I like the story implied in Derelict.

Allan

Bright
Nice clean image, plenty of detail. I like it.

Elegant
Lots of details, good exposure and very sharp. Another Image I like.

Derelict
Nice Images, 3rd is not as well exposed as the other2.

Home
Nice take on the theme, but a bit predicable for these 4 weeks. I like the white and blue being the main colours apart from the orange doors.

Pete

Hi Allan, you are really keeping the standards high :claps:
Bright is a great idea and the title fits the theme so well. Lovely colourful subject, clean white background and I like the casual-looking (but no doubt careful) arrangement of the buttons as they appear to spill out of the jar.
Elegant - beautiful bird against a perfect background (y)
Derelict - I think they could all stand on their own for this theme, especially the third, but the triptych is a good idea and they complement each other well.
Home - another original take on a theme with clean strong lines and a perfectly placed splash of bright colour :clap:

I really like home, the simple colour palette is really effective and there is no doubt about the theme.

Different take on home Allan, my knowledge of football has been greatly increased now I know there are family zones!

Elegant is very good love the detail, the DOF giving an uncluttered background, and I like the story implied in Derelict.

I too was unaware of the family zone thing, thanks for looking in

I do like that Allan, nice and simple, great colour of the blue and yellow. Great subject for the theme.

I liked the simplicity and bleakness the yellow gate was a unexpected bonus

Allan

Bright
Nice clean image, plenty of detail. I like it.

Elegant
Lots of details, good exposure and very sharp. Another Image I like.

Derelict
Nice Images, 3rd is not as well exposed as the other2.

Home
Nice take on the theme, but a bit predicable for these 4 weeks. I like the white and blue being the main colours apart from the orange doors.

Pete

Thanks the World Cup to be honest never crossed my mind, I knew football grounds have home and away ends was just hoping they might be labelled as such

Hi Allan, you are really keeping the standards high :claps:
Bright is a great idea and the title fits the theme so well. Lovely colourful subject, clean white background and I like the casual-looking (but no doubt careful) arrangement of the buttons as they appear to spill out of the jar.
Elegant - beautiful bird against a perfect background (y)
Derelict - I think they could all stand on their own for this theme, especially the third, but the triptych is a good idea and they complement each other well.
Home - another original take on a theme with clean strong lines and a perfectly placed splash of bright colour :clap:

Thanks you are to kind

I really like home, the simple colour palette is really effective and there is no doubt about the theme.

Thank you

Simple and quite abstract too. Like the intentional or unintentional inclusion of the yellow door amount the blue and white.

I didn't know there were yellow doors until I visited the ground so unintentional in a way but once I had seen them I had to use them
there are quite a few of them being exit gates, they are the only bright things in what is a very dull stadium

Hi Allen,

Derelict - I didn't have you down as an Urbexer Allen. It certainly shows decay (or is that preparation for new plaster etc. It doesn't look trashed). Nicely done as a triptych.

Home - The yellow does stand out, doesn't it. Standing too, so a 1st division club at most? I don't know many grounds (not sure I'd definitely identify Brentford from a photo even though I used to take the kids there. Where is it?
The image had me zooming in on Flickr to read the notice to the right of the doors :)

Hi Allen,

Derelict - I didn't have you down as an Urbexer Allen. It certainly shows decay (or is that preparation for new plaster etc. It doesn't look trashed). Nicely done as a triptych.

Home - The yellow does stand out, doesn't it. Standing too, so a 1st division club at most? I don't know many grounds (not sure I'd definitely identify Brentford from a photo even though I used to take the kids there. Where is it?
The image had me zooming in on Flickr to read the notice to the right of the doors :)

The house in derelict has been empty for about 12 years urbex is not something I would normally do not that I have any objection to it but had access to the house because of work.
The ground is Chester citys they are in The national league north of the football league which is two leagues below the third division of the championship having been relegated at the end of last season, I am not a fan so sorry the details are sketchy

Reactions: LC2
Round. No idea what it is or how you have done it Alan, but I really like the photo and processing.

Round - This is cool. Very shallow DoF? Cool processing, gives it a sort of dreamy effect. What are the balls? Is the blurred edge like a white vignette effect?
Thanks, It’s a diffuser, I think that’s what they are called, one of those things with sticks in to make your house smell, it’s shot from above into the neck of the bottle which makes it look like a vignette.

Interesting shot - and different. That's a good thing :)

I was debating whether I liked the heavy vignette or not until I read your description, in which case I'll let you off ;). It's a good abstract and you have handled the light well as usual, I like the surfaces of the balls which add interesting texture.

So not Marbles + editing which was my guess.
A very interesting image Allan, and out of the ordinary.
Your submissions for the 52 are always stretching :)

Stretching, thanks I think :)

I was debating whether I liked the heavy vignette or not until I read your description, in which case I'll let you off ;). It's a good abstract and you have handled the light well as usual, I like the surfaces of the balls which add interesting texture.

Thanks, especially for letting me off :exit:

A different idea for the theme. Initially, I thought they are pearls. I like the shallow dof with the 'vignette' and abstract feel. Maybe a square crop!?!?!
I think you maybe right with a square crop, the more I look at it

Love it, made me chuckle, bang on theme, the B&W really suits it, maybe a bit of a tight crop on the best of home baking. Like the frame type crop you have used aswell.

Love it, made me chuckle, bang on theme, the B&W really suits it, maybe a bit of a tight crop on the best of home baking. Like the frame type crop you have used aswell.
Thank you, I agree it a little bit tight but it was the best of the few I took

Cook
I like it, being shot from above really works well and a well thought out alternative take on the theme. Maybe a reflector to put some light back onto the book on the right to lift the shadow a bit.

Cook
I like it, being shot from above really works well and a well thought out alternative take on the theme. Maybe a reflector to put some light back onto the book on the right to lift the shadow a bit.
A reflector would have been a good idea, thanks for looking

Creative take on the theme, good mono, I'm sure you don't need another comment on the top edge ;)

Back