weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

I like this and the sinister feel, but would prefer more of the subjects in frame
Reflection on the door has already been mentioned and it bugs me a little that the door looks straight but the wall doesn't

Hello Allan,

Line - Good composition and the B&W conversion works well.
Play - I too like the sinister feel to this. I think the lighting is fine, but if I can be REALLY picky, I would have liked to move the stuffed toys just a teeny tiny bit to the right...

Hi Allan

made it here finally..........coooo....that's one sinister shot , overtones of chucky....the look on the bears face is quite startling as well......good lighting matey :clap:...could have nightmares about the toys taking over !

Moody and dark! Brilliant. Looks like they're up to no good!
The reflection on the door draws my eye a bit but overall a good shot.

Hi Allan and welcome back for another year :clap:

Odd, simple but very well done.
Line, just superb :clap: For absolute no nonsense interpretation of the theme it's got to be the best I've seen so far :clap: :clap: Great mono conversion and contrast.
Play, ooooo a bit spooky. Is that a Gruffalo toy there? I like the low key lighting and the flash highlight on the door doesn't bother me.

Two great images and to be fair i am not sure which one i like the best, I love the side on pose from the cheetah and the clear background is perfect. The second image i find i am drawn to the interesting different colours and textures from the fungus, both images are bang on the theme and very well executed.

Two great images and to be fair i am not sure which one i like the best, I love the side on pose from the cheetah and the clear background is perfect. The second image i find i am drawn to the interesting different colours and textures from the fungus, both images are bang on the theme and very well executed.

That was a quick reply, thanks. have a few more on flickr but can't decide, we are are own worst critics I suppose

Two super images, Allan, and I'm struggling to decide upon a favourite too. The Cheetah is a beautiful subject in great light and the OOF background serves to isolate it really well, while the curves and colours in the fungus makes for an interesting image. The second one possibly meets the theme slightly better, but they're both great options (y)

Cheatah for me please - lovely and sharp and a very pretty background.

Close, would have been impressed if you'd been giving it a stroke :exit::D

Two good images Allen, Cheetah would go nicely in The Shameless Bokeh Thread (y)

The tree fungus a cracker,colours and lines, best of the two for me (y)

The tree fungus does it for me. I do like strong lines and abstraction. It's well exposed and I like the colours in it too.

beautiful baby cheetah - if you hadn't've said it was behind glass I wouldn't've guessed.

Really nice, well done!

Two super images, Allan, and I'm struggling to decide upon a favourite too. The Cheetah is a beautiful subject in great light and the OOF background serves to isolate it really well, while the curves and colours in the fungus makes for an interesting image. The second one possibly meets the theme slightly better, but they're both great options (y)

Thanks

Cheatah for me please - lovely and sharp and a very pretty background.

Thank you
lovely crisp white background, love the letter thingies you have used:agree:

thats a little random

Close, would have been impressed if you'd been giving it a stroke :exit::D

Two good images Allen, Cheetah would go nicely in The Shameless Bokeh Thread (y)

The tree fungus a cracker,colours and lines, best of the two for me (y)

Thank you seems to be a bit of a split vote

The tree fungus does it for me. I do like strong lines and abstraction. It's well exposed and I like the colours in it too.

Ta

That Cheetah shot is simply superb. Positioning, sharpness, DoF, background, lighting. What more can I say. An absolute winner.

Thanks more by luck than judgement

beautiful baby cheetah - if you hadn't've said it was behind glass I wouldn't've guessed.

Really nice, well done!

Thanks

Cheetah gets my vote too Allan, although the fungus was a very close second (y)
Its all been mentioned above but the background has been rendered wonderfully, really setting the cheetah off nicely Allan, good work (y)

Hi Allan

cheetah shot by a country mile....lovely pose, beautifully sharp ,great DOF giving fab bokeh......find a frame :clap::clap:

Like the shrooms as well , works as an abstract with colors & textures & shapes leading you round the shot.....(y)

Hi, two Closes...

#1 is well composed and nice detail throughout and in the fur.

#2, I think this is the better of the two, my eyes keep following the white edges.

Cheers.

Excellent shot of the cheetah, you coped with the glass well. It has immediate appeal.
I do like the fungus though, if they were both on my wall I think that the fungus would be up longer!

Cheetah gets my vote too Allan, although the fungus was a very close second (y)
Its all been mentioned above but the background has been rendered wonderfully, really setting the cheetah off nicely Allan, good work (y)

Thank you Iain

Hi Allan

cheetah shot by a country mile....lovely pose, beautifully sharp ,great DOF giving fab bokeh......find a frame :clap::clap:

Like the shrooms as well , works as an abstract with colors & textures & shapes leading you round the shot.....(y)

Thanks

Cheetah superb shot through glass

Thanks
Hi Alan
2 good images hard to choose, really like the fungus so that has to be the one for me, well done (y)

Thanks

I'm liking the tree fungus loverly loverly abstract image.

Thanks

Hi there...I would normally go for the funghi as it's one of my favourites to photograph and that is a great image, but the cheetah wins, the winsome expression, the lovely soft focus, its stunning.

Thank you

Yep a couple of great images Allan, has to be the Cheeta for me too, such a great look on it's face, and you have somehow got some excellent detail in the fur :clap:

Although the Fungi too is a very good picture it just doesn't grab me the same :)

Ta

Hi, two Closes...

#1 is well composed and nice detail throughout and in the fur.

#2, I think this is the better of the two, my eyes keep following the white edges.

Cheers.

Thank you
+1 for the cheetah here... nice crisp image with blurred background...

Ta

Excellent shot of the cheetah, you coped with the glass well. It has immediate appeal.
I do like the fungus though, if they were both on my wall I think that the fungus would be up longer!

Thanks

The cheetah is spot on for me, nice clear animal into pleasing background colours, can't really go wrong with that combination (y) :clap:

Cheetah shot fantastic nothing to crit at all (y)
Fungi shot prob fits the theme slightly better and is also an excellent shot. I might have removed the green in the center though as I find my eyes draw there .

#1 of the two Closes for me. The bokeh is great and the side portrait of the big cat does it for me.
#2 lots of detail there, but it feels too busy to me.

Both cracking images Allan. The detail in the cheater's fur is brilliant and theres just the right amount of space on the left side of the frame that the cheater is looking into. Well done.
The fungus is also very good, theres detail in both the shadows and highlights and its got an abstract feel. i cant make my mind up weather id clone out the two bits of grass/plant just to keep continuity with the muted tones....or not! either way an excellent shot! (y)

Oooh.....two very nice pics....both very well composed and exposed......I like number 2 best, but thats just because I prefer abstract type images over nature shots. Well done Allan - Another good week for you!

hi Allan

Really cant choose between the two :clap::clap:
though as someone else said my eye is drawn to that tiny spot of green in fun guy pic.

Hi Allan
Apologies for not being by sooner

Odd - I have not been commenting on these 'taster' shots but i do think that this is top qulaity
Line - excellent comp, great diags to the vanishing point, good contrasty feel, . Can't fault it(y)
Play - a bit too dark and sinister for me to connect with the theme word.
Close - i am with Peter@Delta Skies - excellent shot of the cheetah. Can't believe that it was shot thro glass

Looks good to me - luckily it inspired me a bit more this week - lots of nice golden bubbles

Back