weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

This is getting Spooky........went out this morning & took a pretty similar shot though I have to say....yours is wayyyyyyyy better so have a :jaffa: on me ! The whole image from the perspective , the gritty conversion & the added interest of the bridge works beautifully :clap::clap:

Good take on the lines theme. I especially like the two signs, really set it off I think. Which is odd as I'm usually a bit ocd about things matching, which they obviously don't!
I also like the sense of distance of the tracks converging. :clap:

Lines/linear is fantastic great B&W and the rails seem to stretch for miles

Hi Allan
And so it begins again :)
Like your 'Line' shot. as others have said I did think of this idea but couldnt face going out in this bad weather. Think this sort of shot look good in B/W to show up textures.

Nice idea for line, I think b&w is a good call for this. I spotted the "bow" also..wonder if a bit of manual distortion adjustment in pp might help....although that could then I suppose have the opposite effect on the left hand side of the image if you get the right side sorted! Leave it and move on I say :)

No idea. Very apply photograph. I like the overall lighting, just the reflection of the flash on the door. I'd like to see a space around all the toys.

Quick start.

Cheers.

No idea. Very apply photograph. I like the overall lighting, just the reflection of the flash on the door. I'd like to see a space around all the toys.

Quick start.

Cheers.

Oh dear, I generally have no idea but whats a "very apply photograph" o_O

Nice take on the theme I feel it's a little dark for my liking but I love the composition.

the darkness is deliberate

Very dark - but in a good way - looks like they are planning a coup or something (y)

It's a very "happy" photograph, anyway.

Nice idea, nice composition, nice lighting (not a flash is it?).

Very dark - but in a good way - looks like they are planning a coup or something (y)

Thanks it's supposed to be a little sinister

I love the darkness, i think this is a very well thought out picture. The lighting on the door is perfect imo.

Thank you

It's a very "happy" photograph, anyway.

Nice idea, nice composition, nice lighting (not a flash is it?).

Thanks It's flash

Hi Allan, good to see you back in this year too (y)

A great start to this years 52, line/linear is a very strong image, the B&W conversion is entirely suitable, i particularly like the contrasty feel to it.
Compositionally faultless, the tracks through to infinity, fantastic.

Play, yes, it does have a sinister feel to it, objective achieved (y)

Hi Allan

A brilliant start Allan!

Odd - Love the colours, lighting, and everything!
Line - bang on theme, love the gritty feel, almost makes me want to jump
Play - love the lighting and composition, only thing I would change is to tone down slightly the white on the left face
:)

Hi Allan, good to see you back in this year too (y)

A great start to this years 52, line/linear is a very strong image, the B&W conversion is entirely suitable, i particularly like the contrasty feel to it.
Compositionally faultless, the tracks through to infinity, fantastic.

Play, yes, it does have a sinister feel to it, objective achieved (y)

Thanks Iain

Hi Allan

A brilliant start Allan!

Odd - Love the colours, lighting, and everything!
Line - bang on theme, love the gritty feel, almost makes me want to jump
Play - love the lighting and composition, only thing I would change is to tone down slightly the white on the left face
:)

Thank you and yes the white on the left is a little bright

Hi Allan, Very much like your 'Line' the B&W conversion works well. Similar idea to mine but better executed than mine including the addition of grain (did I notice?).
Not so keen on 'Play' though - seems a bit dark as others have mentioned, also the glare on the door is off-putting and for me a bit too much negative space. (Mind you, you are doing better than me for Play also - noting posted yet.)

Hi allan, back again??

odd is a simple, effective start, sharp, bright and colourful.
cracker for lines too, love the speed limit circles being in the same place, but turned around to each other, line coming from the corners perfectly too..
and the teddies playing behind a part closed door is a lovely idea - lighting them from wihin the room is really effective too

For me it could do with being less dark and the flash on the door is a bit distracting. Good start though!

Hi Allan, Very much like your 'Line' the B&W conversion works well. Similar idea to mine but better executed than mine including the addition of grain (did I notice?).
Not so keen on 'Play' though - seems a bit dark as others have mentioned, also the glare on the door is off-putting and for me a bit too much negative space. (Mind you, you are doing better than me for Play also - noting posted yet.)

Thanks for looking in

Hi Allan :) - I see them as toys in a dark cupboard so like the dark image, just enough light on the toys, I'm also liking the shine on the door bringing out the texture of the paint - Nice shot :)

Thanks

Hi there....I love this one....it reminds me of the bear in Toy Story .... getting up to no good.
This will be one of his weeks favourites for me I'm sure :)

Thank you
Like all 3 of these. The composition of the tracks is excellent. I like the dark feel of the Play shot really brings the photo to life (y)

Thanks

Play, Love it, it just works.

Thank you
Hi allan, back again??

odd is a simple, effective start, sharp, bright and colourful.
cracker for lines too, love the speed limit circles being in the same place, but turned around to each other, line coming from the corners perfectly too..
and the teddies playing behind a part closed door is a lovely idea - lighting them from wihin the room is really effective too

No not bothering this year:p thanks for looking in
Nice and sinister, like it.

Ta

For me it could do with being less dark and the flash on the door is a bit distracting. Good start though!

thanks for the comment

Great photo Allan. I love the fact you've taken a dark and sinister approach with it and it really has worked well. Compositionally spot on as well. It makes me wonder what else is in there, why are they so scary, etc. Super.

reminds me of the Toy Story films they just waiting for the lights to go off and they out to have some fun, like the darkness really adds to the effect only crit from me is the "thing" top corner next to the door looks like it floating there

Hi Allan,
line- the sky has been dull recently so it was a good idea to cut it out and to convert to black and white! I like the way the lines lead your eye through the picture.
play - Again I like the processing on this one it gives it a sinister look. It's great to see the Gruffalo in there - the class I work in this year is the Gruffalo class!

I like it Allan. Looks a little sinister but not in a bad way....more like just a bunch of unloved and neglected teddies craving attention....I agree with Graham - the way that they are looking out the room is really effective (y)

Wonder what they are plotting love it. :)

Thanks

Great photo Allan. I love the fact you've taken a dark and sinister approach with it and it really has worked well. Compositionally spot on as well. It makes me wonder what else is in there, why are they so scary, etc. Super.

Thank you

Gangster Teddies come to play? like it, a really good idea :)

Thanks

reminds me of the Toy Story films they just waiting for the lights to go off and they out to have some fun, like the darkness really adds to the effect only crit from me is the "thing" top corner next to the door looks like it floating there

Thanks for pointing it out I missed that

Hi Allan,
line- the sky has been dull recently so it was a good idea to cut it out and to convert to black and white! I like the way the lines lead your eye through the picture.
play - Again I like the processing on this one it gives it a sinister look. It's great to see the Gruffalo in there - the class I work in this year is the Gruffalo class!

Thanks, the gruffalo class sound quite scary

I like it Allan. Looks a little sinister but not in a bad way....more like just a bunch of unloved and neglected teddies craving attention....I agree with Graham - the way that they are looking out the room is really effective (y)

Thank you

Hi Allan

Lines certainly draws you in and is very well processed. Play is clever and interestingly lit.

Gerry

Hi Allan, I've just looked through your thread and you're off to a strong start for 2014!

Odd - a very original take on the theme, and well executed too.
Line - I smiled when I saw this as we've had such similar ideas, apart from your very high viewpoint compared to my very low one. I do prefer yours and the way the high POV and resulting long lines leads to a vertical composition, with the lines meeting right at the top. Love it.
Play - another original take on the theme. There's something a bit dark and almost spooky about it, which I think is what you were aiming for, and I like the contrast between the darkness where the toys are and the light outside. There is definitely a hint of Toy Story here too; a sense that something is about to happen.

I look forward to following your thread (y)

I like the darkness of the shot, it adds mood. Only crit from me is that I don't like the flash showing up on the door, other than that good work mate (y)

Back