Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Good light gives nice depth to the statue and well processed to monochrome

I dont dislike it, but I think the lop sided vignette doesnt suit the image, sorry.

Hi, Pose, B&W works well, nice textures and moody processing to suit her temperament, I'm lead to believe.

Cheers.

Thanks

Good light gives nice depth to the statue and well processed to monochrome

Thanks, its a bit dull really I think

Yep, it works for the theme Allan, black and white gives it a suitable hard edge, shame about the antique doll shop though.

Thanks Susie

I dont dislike it, but I think the lop sided vignette doesnt suit the image, sorry.

No vignette or to be honest not an intensional one, its was put through silver FX 2 as its quite a dull boring picture to be honest

Not sure about the vignette effect around the outside, feels a bit heavy to me, though it does certainly direct the eye.

ETA - Didn't notice your post about the vignette not being intentional.

Last edited:
The processing suits the Queen Victoria shot well, but as you said not that exciting.
I really like the idea behind the spooky shots Allan - the first fits the theme slightly better (but still just too gorgeous to be spooky!) - but I really love the second as a stand alone shot. Very effective!

Not sure about the vignette effect around the outside, feels a bit heavy to me, though it does certainly direct the eye.

ETA - Didn't notice your post about the vignette not being intentional.

Pay attention :p

The processing suits the Queen Victoria shot well, but as you said not that exciting.
I really like the idea behind the spooky shots Allan - the first fits the theme slightly better (but still just too gorgeous to be spooky!) - but I really love the second as a stand alone shot. Very effective!

Thanks

WEEK 46 NEWS

Do you see...... by Allan Howe, on Flickr

The quote is from an album of reinterpreted Disney music called "Stay Awake" its part of a speech over a piece of music called "Desolation Theme" from "Pinocchio", I thought it was quite apt considering the last few months of news.
Didn't really know what to do with it, but its made with newsprint, don't think I'll be taking up producing ransom notes very soon :cautious:

Ha ha ha - should have shopped it onto a political scene ... Parliament maybe !! I like the message and the distressed look of the paper - just not sure of it's relationship with it's environment.

Ha ha ha - should have shopped it onto a political scene ... Parliament maybe !! I like the message and the distressed look of the paper - just not sure of it's relationship with it's environment.

Its fair to say it has no relationship to its environment, except to say its a path going nowhere, (clutching at straws there :LOL: ) but i do like the quote so had to use it some way, wouldn't have shopped it on a picture i hadn't taken.

Thanks for looking in Carl

LOL very topical, and news worthy Allan :D

I was taking it as a comment that politics / democracy / whatever has been thrown out with the trash and downtrodden.
(Well, something like that).
I see what your saying its a damn fine idea, if only I'd have thought of that :LOL:

I'm totally lost with the subject matter but photographic wise I love it, the dark slabs but still with sharp detailed textures against the bright discarded message.
Me too

... not sure I get it! But great flag stones, weeds, ransom notes, dampness and B&W-ness.

Me too Allan - great quote for these political times (any political times?!) I see the truth trampled underfoot in this - so works well for me (y)

Thanks, it is a very apt line

Another left field submission :)

I like the bleakness of it, though.

Cheers.

Thank you

Really like the note Allan, I think it works well, I agree with Andy about the bleakness, works well on that dark gloomy pathway.

I do like a bit of bleakness

... not sure I get it! But great flag stones, weeds, ransom notes, dampness and B&W-ness.

All the things you need for a nice day

I'm totally lost with the subject matter but photographic wise I love it, the dark slabs but still with sharp detailed textures against the bright discarded message.

Yay! Me too.... :thinking:

Love the composition and shading though.

Yay! Me too.... :thinking:

Love the composition and shading though.

Its just the quote whats important, just didn't know what to do with it so made this picture, it means nothing to me either but its good to see other peoples ideas as to what it is
its hard to come up with ideas for this nonsense sometimes, at least you enjoyed it in some small way :beer:

Hi Allan

I like your take on the theme very well though out. I like the mono conversion adds a gritty feel to the image.

Its just the quote whats important, just didn't know what to do with it so made this picture, it means nothing to me either
Well I took it as a comment about Trumps retractions and promises and retractions before and after he was elected, which of course is very much current.

Or am I just weird?

Well, the Old Vic was a poser, wasn't she :)

I like the photo for news, nice processing too.

Well I took it as a comment about Trumps retractions and promises and retractions before and after he was elected, which of course is very much current.

Or am I just weird?
Do you really want me to answer that last bit?

WEEK 47 YOUNG

Woody by Allan Howe, on Flickr

This is Woody he is 7 months old, part Patterdale, part Wheaten and part Idiot, I think he qualifies for young

Be careful what you say Allan - it is generally known that owners take after their dogs!!! Handsome chap - great bit of lighting, beautiful gentle eyes and I like the scruffy look.

Be careful what you say Allan - it is generally known that owners take after their dogs!!! Handsome chap - great bit of lighting, beautiful gentle eyes and I like the scruffy look.

Thanks Carl, you might well be right o_O

Oh yes very nice, he blends in with the background nicely and the one eye in focus has a great glint :)

Changed your name too !!!

Thanks Dean and yes i have changed my name but will keep the title of this thread the same so as not to confuse the hard of thinking

Cute Allan ( the dog not you :p)

I like the low key effect, but I'm slightly distracted, by the two lines on the RHS.
I'd be tempted to run the healing brush along them (y)

BTW changing your name is not a good excuse for evading the 2017 52...
You can run but you cant hide :p

Thanks will have a look next time I am on a proper computer

Changing my name is the only excuse I have :cautious:

Is this the Allan.H Jazz Era? And his dog with bright eyes ...

Back