weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Hi Allan

Habit ... nice idea [but I thought of it first], nice detail, ashtray nicely positioned in the frame. (y)

Hi Allan. An appropriately gritty b&w for Habit. Like the partial take of the ashtray and the contrast between the grain of the wood and the patterned cigarette paper. Nicely thought out for the theme.:clap:

Thanks Carl

Hi Allan

Habit ... nice idea [but I thought of it first], nice detail, ashtray nicely positioned in the frame. (y)

Thanks d00d but obviously I thought of it first :p

Hi Allan ...love your idea for Full ....would like a slightly blacker black, but a very original choice for the theme.

Habit ...well you've certainly captured that well ...gritty, grainy, and grey...not often you see a full ashtray these days.

Thanks Susie the reason for the not so black foreground was to ground it, totally black and it would have been floating a mistake I have made many times before

full ashtray, pretty isn't it :puke:

Smashing shot for Habit Allan. I love the overall composition only using part of the ashtray and the messiness of the dogends.

Full :
Gritty and to the point Allan (y)

I agree with carl, that's a great gritty shot that shouts Habit. Not sure if an empty 'Costa' cup would have had the same impact ;)

Thanks

Smashing shot for Habit Allan. I love the overall composition only using part of the ashtray and the messiness of the dogends.

Thanks Elaine, it was quite difficult to make an ashtray picture interesting so settled on a different composition

Full :
Gritty and to the point Allan (y)

Thanks

Habit, cracking crop and nice detail, the wood contrasts well against the ashtray.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy only a slight crop took a few wider shots but settled on this

Hey Allan :)

Habit - Really liking portrait crop and the ashtray in the lower corner, the B&W suits it too, and as said by Andy, the wood grain is very complimentary to the image - Nice One (y)

Thanks DK

Love full. Like a still from "through the trapdoor" or potty time. Superb!

Yuk ashtray, I can't believe we used to have these in our house. Nicely shot, looks bloody horrible. (y)

WEEK 47 COVERED

Covered by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Just a normal Saturday evening for us, the dogs where a little freaked out though

Last edited:
Poor dogs ... must be worse than fireworks.

3 day test drive sounds like an idea.

Poor dogs ... must be worse than fireworks.

3 day test drive sounds like an idea.

o_O

That's very weird Allan but I love the look on the dogs face, and the overall total wackiness of the shot. Hope the curtains were drawn, your neighbours would be very worried if they looked in on that scene. I think this will end up being a very interesting topic.

the curtains were definitely drawn :D

The dog's expression is just funny to watch :D But... On a second glance, is that... an ood? :eek:

you are correct an ood just had to look that up not really a big fan of Dr Who

The expressions on the dog's faces really do make the shot don't they.
An Ood on the right, is that a Weeping Angel on the left? Where is the blue box?

I believe you are right about the characters, the dogs definitely do make the picture, they are over the shock now

Belter :clap:

It's a cross between Nosferatus and Monty Python :)

Really well set up, the dog's face a fantastic.

Best submission I've seen for a while.

Cheers.

Great fun, I can't add any critique, other than this is a great "decisive moment" shot. Congrats. [emoji4]

Not sure why/how I've missed this one but better late than never eh! Ah married life - perfectly normal scene in the alien, I mean Ayling, household. brilliant cover up for the theme.

Element - Nice and simple, tad grainy but it works on this image.
Seasonal - Different. Nicely lit and lovely detail
Full - Off centre of the box works really well as does the position/turn/face of it, nicely lit and again the b&w works really well for this image. As before makes the viewer look and think a lot. great shot
Habit - Perfect for me, detail in both the grainy table and the glass ashtray.
Covered - Fun, fits the theme in multiple ways. I like the 'cover' of the mag being 'black and white photography' and that you have done the conversion on this. The faces covered are sinister but very funny. If the dogs could speak eh? looks to be a perfect 'caption' image.

Belter :clap:

It's a cross between Nosferatus and Monty Python :)

Really well set up, the dog's face a fantastic.

Best submission I've seen for a while.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy nice of you to say

Great fun, I can't add any critique, other than this is a great "decisive moment" shot. Congrats. [emoji4]

Thank you Brian

Not sure why/how I've missed this one but better late than never eh! Ah married life - perfectly normal scene in the alien, I mean Ayling, household. brilliant cover up for the theme.

Thanks Carl

Element - Nice and simple, tad grainy but it works on this image.
Seasonal - Different. Nicely lit and lovely detail
Full - Off centre of the box works really well as does the position/turn/face of it, nicely lit and again the b&w works really well for this image. As before makes the viewer look and think a lot. great shot
Habit - Perfect for me, detail in both the grainy table and the glass ashtray.
Covered - Fun, fits the theme in multiple ways. I like the 'cover' of the mag being 'black and white photography' and that you have done the conversion on this. The faces covered are sinister but very funny. If the dogs could speak eh? looks to be a perfect 'caption' image.

Thanks for the catch up, thank god they can't speak might be in trouble with the dogs trust or something

Hi Allan, I've a catch up to do on your thread ;)

Problem is, I do 4 or 5 thread comments then feel knackered and ill because of the concentration needed to do them justice, so your's is my last for today I think.

Habit, nowt to criticise here, move along please :p The composition, lighting and detail you've captured are all spot on :clap:

Covered, what with Andy in trouble with the SS and you with the RSPCA it's been an eventful theme. ;) Definitely surreal but the dogs' expressions and postures make the shot :clap:

Hi Allan, I've a catch up to do on your thread ;)

Problem is, I do 4 or 5 thread comments then feel knackered and ill because of the concentration needed to do them justice, so your's is my last for today I think.

Habit, nowt to criticise here, move along please :p The composition, lighting and detail you've captured are all spot on :clap:

Covered, what with Andy in trouble with the SS and you with the RSPCA it's been an eventful theme. ;) Definitely surreal but the dogs' expressions and postures make the shot :clap:

Thanks

CONNECTED
I'd say more like stalking TBH :D

Nicely lit image Allan (y)

I'd say you just about got away with it :D
(BTW sort your link out ;) )

How dare you the stalk is obviously connected to the apple o_O :banana:
and anyway there was a spare shoehorn lying around someone had to make use of it :ROFLMAO:

Lovely take on the theme. First class.

I do love a bit of light painting especially when it's done to this standard.

Bravo.

LOL. Good one.
Very nicely lit, nicely sharp. Another one where less is more. :clap:

Thanks

Interesting take

Thanks for looking in

wow lighting Allan (y)

Thanks d00d will explain below

Lovely take on the theme. First class.

I do love a bit of light painting especially when it's done to this standard.

Bravo.

Thanks Brian, Not light painting though one flash off camera with a snoot, get me:woot:

Back