weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Excellent bit of lighting - I love images where something is left to the imagination to complete the picture. Hmmm! borderline shoehorn methinks - if the apple was "connected" to the tree then fair enough. Whatever, it is a marvellous image. :clap:

Beautiful shot :banana: It looks so juicy :clap:

Thank you

Hi Allan.....bit of a shoehorn maybe o_O but a really super shot ...definitely one I could live with on my wall....it reminds me of an old masters artwork, dark and mysterious :clap:

Bit of a shoehorn :naughty:

Excellent bit of lighting - I love images where something is left to the imagination to complete the picture. Hmmm! borderline shoehorn methinks - if the apple was "connected" to the tree then fair enough. Whatever, it is a marvellous image. :clap:

The stalk is connected to the apple I believe :)

That's different but like your thought behind the theme. Nicely captured shot.

Thanks

Connected, crit, slightly OOF stern, but well composed, nice subtle lighting.

Cheers.

I knew you would pick up on that, I was aware of it myself thought I would get away with it :p

Hi Allan, what a great idea for Connected. No crit from me (except the pic has disappeared from the post your photos here thread).

It's given me an idea for a re shoot too:)

And you accused me of shoehorning Allan? :p

Very nice plenty of detail there (y)

And you accused me of shoehorning Allan? :p

Very nice plenty of detail there (y)

down 2 |daʊn| noun [ mass noun ] soft, fine, fluffy feathers which form the first covering of a young bird or an insulating layer below the contour feathers of an adult bird

I rest my case :D

Thought I'd seen that definition written down somewhere so themed twice in words and pic. Well done Allan - really nice detail and lighting.

down 2 |daʊn| noun [ mass noun ] soft, fine, fluffy feathers which form the first covering of a young bird or an insulating layer below the contour feathers of an adult bird
Ah but .... they are not down feathers, .....
The shafts are too thick, and the detail ( colour) strongly suggests they be mail, or chest feathers, do I have to go pull some from the breast of my Gyr x Saker to prove it?
( She'll be p***ed though that's for sure :D )
I rest my case :D
As I do :p

Last edited:
Ah but .... they are not down feathers, .....
The shafts are too thick, and the detail ( colour) strongly suggests they be mail, or chest feathers, do I have to go pull some from the breast of my Gyr x Saker to prove it?
( She'll be p***ed though that's for sure :D )

As I do :p

Jesus, don't tell everyone :wideyed:

Last edited:
Thought I'd seen that definition written down somewhere so themed twice in words and pic. Well done Allan - really nice detail and lighting.

Thanks Carl, glad to see you are not an expert on raptor feathers (y)

Hey Allan :)

Connected - Love the lighting on the apple mate, always impressed with the black backgrounds you always manage to achieve too, good choice for the theme (y)

Down - Again a nice original choice, despite @Cobra ripping your subject matter (I'll ignore that :p) The choice of feather is very good with the good black background again, and nice gentle lighting, like it (y) again from me...

Hey Allan :)

Connected - Love the lighting on the apple mate, always impressed with the black backgrounds you always manage to achieve too, good choice for the theme (y)

Down - Again a nice original choice, despite @Cobra ripping your subject matter (I'll ignore that :p) The choice of feather is very good with the good black background again, and nice gentle lighting, like it (y) again from me...

Thanks DK

Hi Allan ...eeeek :eek: I've done feathers too ....not got them on yet. Those look great ...really nicely lit and lots of lovely detail :)

well Susie i eagerly await that pic of you dressed in feathers :jawdrop:

All feathers and stairs this week then :D

hopefully, they are obviously the best ideas

Nicely detailed, well done

thank you

Hello, Allan...

Great details, positioning and lighting... What's not to love? (y)

Thank you Nora

Hi down I like the idea it would not have occurred to me .

They look like two dances which adds to it.

I like the black-and-white.

nice details.

Good shiw.

Cheers.

Hi Allan, the thought did occur to me too as I have a lot of feathers collected from out local park where the sorry looking peacocks have shed all their tail feathers leaving behind a lot of down feathers growing in their place :)

Lots of detail there and beautifully lit too (y)

Look, the theme is meant to be inspiration, a carrot not a stick.

Lovely shot Al, I'm impressed with the detail and the lighting. : thumbs:

Definitely Down ... I've got feathers like that in my duvet. (y)

As said, nice idea, nice detail, nice lighting. (y)

Hi Allan,

Habit: Great shot. Good composition just showing part of the ash tray. I like what you have done with the mono conversion too. It really picks out the texture of the ash.
Covered: Love the emotion portrayed by the dogs - what the HELL is going on!! Great fun shot and spot on theme (y)
Connected: Clever take on the theme. Lovely lighting and colour.
Down: Lots of detail and well lit - very nice :)

Major catch up so I'll keep it short to save boring the arse off everyone including you Al....
Inverted .... Cracker love this .... Looks like my growing efforts so appears natural to me:rolleyes: Great lighting..... Respect(y)
Shimmer .... Who thinks of these themes ( loads both barrels of shotgun and snaps shut) hard theme well executed abstract shimmer works, someone said turn 90 degrees might give more abstract feel, looks a bit like pool of Mercury, but still difficult theme .... Sorted.
Element.... Nice going a bugger to get right! Shot outside in natural light? And the flame so straight, no wind where you are then:). Great colour and symmetry difficult subject to shoot well done Al.
Seasonal ..... Top draw shot! Great detail really polished, no crit just praise it's a belter!(y)
Full .... Yep looks like it, but that's like my workshop, now there's an idea! Right back to the box. Quite evenly lit nice thinking (outside of the box) nice job.
Habit .... We all have them eh! Like this, nice textures in the fags and ashes really nice fine detail... Sharp! B&W works exceptionally well (y)
Covered.... Yep another evening with the boss eh! Looks remarkably normal to me, two foot separation between partners, dogs gravitating towards the wife with that where's my dinner look in there eyes, the eternal clack of knitting needles .... Oh I get it! Spot the missing object! It's the glass of single malt that's missing, am I right?
I like this Allan think the B&W really does it justice ;)
Connected .... Looks appealing :eek: Nice focused lighting hitting the apple right on the money, shoehorn or no a very nice shot!
Down .... Allegedly :) very well lit and quite subtle nice patterns in the feathers and fills the frame nicely nice and sharp again!

Nice work mate... I better start snapping now or I'll be deeper in the cack!

Last edited:
WEEK 50 ORGANISED

Fern by Allan Howe, on Flickr

organize |ˈɔːɡ(ə)nʌɪz| (also organise) verb [ with obj. ] 1 arrange systematically

just incase you where wondering :)

Hi Allan. Nature's way of organising - effective and oh so interesting. Novel response and perfectly executed.:clap:

Very nice Allan, original too (y)

(Although are you sure its symmetrical? :D )

Attachments

• Wolverine.jpg
    Wolverine.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 7
I need to come up with another way of saying "simple but effective", however it is !
A good alternative take, I don't think anyone has used nature yet (except @Cobra who cheated with a photoshoped archive ;) )

Thanks

Hi Allan ...that's a great shot, you always get such an excellent white background, did you shoot it in black and white and use extra lighting. It's something I must try next year, I always wimp out and do black backgrounds,

I only used one flash, on quite a high setting, (off camera lying on its side roughly level with the position of the fern so there was a little spill on the surface of the leaves) pointing at the white card behind

if that makes any sense at all :thinking: it was shot in colour which I did think about using but i preferred this version

Back