weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

That's just lovely!

I think I might have been tempted to try to kill the spider's thread running up to the top left, as I find it a tiny bit distracting, but it's a print candidate for sure!

Another thumbs up for a fabulous shot from me. It really does work as an "art" print - love it.

Up close
That looks great. It looks like the water is splashing over the flower head.

Up close
I really like the details, the stacking has worked well, I'm still failing when attempting any form of stacking though it could be partly due to my available choice of lenses. The web on the left once seen takes my attention a bit. The background adds to the overall quality and its looking good on the print too.

Week 22: Up Close

Popped out with my macro lens this morning and tried using Affinity Photo to focus merge for the first time. Not perfect, but had some fun.

I spotted a lovely web with dew on it, but when I set my camera up, this grass came into view first and I quite liked it against the blurry web in the background.

View attachment 320890
Beautiful shot Bebop!

Interesting to see focus stacking used droplets like that. I would never have thuoght of doing that as I have always assumed it only works well with a static subject.
But thinking about it, I can see how it works.
Clever :)
Beautiful shot Bebop!
Up close
I really like the details, the stacking has worked well, I'm still failing when attempting any form of stacking though it could be partly due to my available choice of lenses. The web on the left once seen takes my attention a bit. The background adds to the overall quality and its looking good on the print too.
Up close
That looks great. It looks like the water is splashing over the flower head.
Another thumbs up for a fabulous shot from me. It really does work as an "art" print - love it.
That's just lovely!

I think I might have been tempted to try to kill the spider's thread running up to the top left, as I find it a tiny bit distracting, but it's a print candidate for sure!
Thank you all for the kind comments and apologies as I've been a bit distracted this week, so have a little catching up to do! Interesting thoughts on the web on the left. I was thinking it helped give it context as it takes a little working out, but I can also see it might pull your eye away so to speak! :)

Fantastic image, really well done, I can't add any more than has already been said.

Week 23: Personal

I had this idea early on, but have only just got round to executing it. More stacking! A personal item from my family history.

I believe this little ring used to belong to my Grandmother. I know nothing about it as it was found amongst some of her things when my father died. It is a bit of a mystery. I checked the assay markings - cannot remember now what I found, but I think it is from around 1909. It is tiny and appears to be a childs ring. I'm just amazed it is so worn. I suspect the gold is very soft.

This was 5 images stacked in Affinity. I also did an in camera jpeg stack but that gave some haloing. I hope you all appreciate the little bits of lint I've included :rolleyes: :LOL:

20210620-BC122608merge1_week23.jpg

That really looks like a ring with a lot of history. And being in your family makes it very personal. (y)

Nicely done bit of personal history :)

It is fascinating why its in the condition it is, excellent image for the theme

Great shot Bebop, one of the stones in the ring from my personal shot came from my grandmother as well. It was in a small broach and just happened to be my birth stone. We were on the same wavelength for our personal shots! :)

Nicely done bit of personal history :)
Cheers Dave! :)
It is fascinating why its in the condition it is, excellent image for the theme
I agree. I thought it was much older - the assay mark didn't quite look perfect I think, but she was born in the late 1890s so that would tie in. I also can't decide if it might be a religious item, or a family crest thing, or initials? If I remember rightly I did find the jeweller, so that convinced me of the date. Now I look for my notes, I can't find them... I have a feeling I may be disappearing down a jewellery history wormhole again...

Great shot Bebop, one of the stones in the ring from my personal shot came from my grandmother as well. It was in a small broach and just happened to be my birth stone. We were on the same wavelength for our personal shots! :)
Oh that's a lovely touch - keeping the stones going.

A nice bit of personal history - good take on the theme.
Thanks Paul :)

If that ring could talk eh Bee?
Its certainly been a very well used / worn personal item over the years. (y)

A very old ring! Nice close up image and you've done the stack very well (Affinity is a very useful app, I find)

If that ring could talk eh Bee?
Its certainly been a very well used / worn personal item over the years. (y)
Yes, if only!! I've come out of my wormhole now and am giving up on it. I've decided it is definitely 1909 and it is a signet ring. I've been unable to find the maker, but I've learnt quite a bit!

Personal
That's a good stack. Really like the detail in the Hallmarks. It's very well worn and shows that it has a history.

Week 24: Green

This idea hasn't worked quite as I intended. I was going to reshoot, but am now falling behind, so here it is. A green view with a green eye. I was going to go for a composite image where all was in focus, but I have run out of time and it's just too darned tricky! Ah well, the idea was there... next time...

20210623-BC122625_1_week24.jpg

Very original!

I like it, and if you hadn't said it didn't work as you wanted, I would have been none the wiser. No idea how you did it, but good work!

Very original!

I like it, and if you hadn't said it didn't work as you wanted, I would have been none the wiser. No idea how you did it, but good work!
Thanks Paul. I just pointed the macro at myself, and it is the reflection in my eye, but getting it focused was really tricky. I had some with better eyes but the reflection was wrong :rolleyes: Would have been easier with a model.... a green eyed one:ROFLMAO:

Eye ( :D ) Think that works well TBH Bee (y)

It took me a moment to work out the subject... it looks good to me.

Green
Could a bit of green saturation/luminescence in pp help give you the look you were after.
I think the idea is really good, I like the eyelashes too.

Green
Could a bit of green saturation/luminescence in pp help give you the look you were after.
I think the idea is really good, I like the eyelashes too.
Thanks Dominic. I did have a play with the colours. There was actually a bit of hazel in there that I tried to make more green. It is something I’d like to have another go at, but with a model rather than trying to do a selfie. I think I need to learn a little more about manipulating colours :)

Week 25: Snapper's Choice

Here area a couple I snapped earlier this week when looking for birds, not really for the theme. I've chosen the backlit one as. I don't like the bud in the other one. Both are barely cropped.

It was my first outing with a 2x extender on a 300mm lens (effectively 1200mm) and this broad bodied chaser was about 6 feet away - amazing that it could focus so close! Finding it in the viewfinder was extremely difficult and holding it steady was another challenge.

20210623-BC132027_2_week25.jpg

20210623-BC132134_1_week25.jpg

Lovely bit of buggage :)

I find my 300mm F4 is great as is - it focuses down to 4.7 feet :)

Very nice Bee (y)
I prefer the second side on as it has more detail

I thought you've done an excellent job hand-held such a long focal length and still able to achieve those fine details. The second shot has sharper details and agreed that the bud is a distraction.
Many thanks Stan. Yes that darned bud!! :ROFLMAO:
Lovely bit of buggage :)

I find my 300mm F4 is great as is - it focuses down to 4.7 feet :)
Cheers Dave. It is amazing isn't it that with such a focal length they can still focus so close?!
Fabulous and congrats on holding the lens steady!!!
Thanks Jan... There were quite a few wobbly ones :)
Very nice Bee (y)
I prefer the second side on as it has more detail
Thanks Chris. I agree... apart from that bud... :)

Week 26 - Looking Down

Quite a crop. I actually took this planning an HDR. Surprise, surprise it didn't like moving subjects at all :ROFLMAO: The camera was set up for exposure bracketing, and then the cyclists moved into the frame.I thought they added to it, and no time to reset the camera, so it's not HDR after all. I processed it in Film pack 5 (Agfa Vista 200) which I felt popped the colours a bit more. I also quite liked the little girl and woman in similar poses.

I've always wished I could ride hands free like this woman.

20210704-BC132530_1_AgfaVista200-week26.jpg

I've always wished I could ride hands free like this woman.

Practise!

It's a nice street scene and good to see people out and about again. Also spot on for the theme!

The dragonfly is very cool too. Close up nature shots always fascinate me.

Back