weekly Bebop's 52 for 2017 thread - week 52 Weather - done

Above, nice idea, I would have had a little play with the sizes relative to each other maybe making the Moon bigger.

(y)

Thank you for the taking the time to look and comment @Dave70D @Shirleyr @Emja @michael23 :) I hadn't planned a composite but none were good enough on their own, and it was a good excuse to see what I could remember about Photoshop.

@foggy4ever that didn't occur to me! :facepalm:They were all taken at my max of 400mm. I might have deleted the Tiff now as it was over 100MB, but if I haven't, I will give that a try (y)

Nice bit of framing, having the birds and moon along for the ride certainly adds to the image.
Without the extra pieces of the puzzle, you would have needed a much longer focal length to fill the frame.

ETA - Just read the comments. I wouldn't have guessed it was a composite until you owned up.
Great bit of PP there too then (y)

Last edited:
Clever composite job (y) ... I thought it must be but wasn't totally sure.

Very cleverly done, my first thought was: amazing timing!

ETA - Just read the comments. I wouldn't have guessed it was a composite until you owned up.
Great bit of PP there too then (y)
Where needs must! :D I kept looking up, but....
Clever composite job (y) ... I thought it must be but wasn't totally sure.
Very cleverly done, my first thought was: amazing timing!
I waited and waited for a bird to go across the moon and in the end decided it was time to practice with Photoshop :)

Thank you all for taking the time to look and comment.

Nice shot, the background detracts just a little from it, but you just got away with the smoke plumes not being lost in the trees. Great colours from the engine and the smoke though. Well taken :)

Agree with the others that you got the positioning of the smoke stack and the smoke spot on and I also like the church in the background. Lovely machine but they are a nightmare when you get stuck behind them on those little country roads.

what with that smoke and the church on the hill ... fab. (y)

Power - nice shot, shame about the white lines on the road. I reckon if you did a long enough exposure to capture some movement in the wheels you could probably have gotten something for 'Evolve' too! Well done.

I reckon if you did a long enough exposure to capture some movement in the wheels you could probably have gotten something for 'Evolve' too! Well done.
I'd been thinking of doing something with wheels for evolve.... still have to capture that one...

@Dave70D @Dark Knight @Emja @SteveSc @d00d Thank you! I had tried to get the positioning just right. I'd gone out to play with my filters originally as it was a poor light day, so it was a bonus when I heard this coming.

I can see it could have been a different photo with a narrow depth of field @gremlin16 but it didn't occur to me! it's my local church so I suppose I was thinking I'd like the church in the picture.

I think the new edit looks better.
It's less of a true representation, since all were shot at 400mm (well 398mm I think! ) and were the original size in the first image - but I agree , I think it does look better, and I suppose if I'm going to fabricate my photos, I may as well go the whole hog :D

Certainly are....
I think I might have cropped the LH to lose the green house and also the loss of the fence. Cropping would have maintained the fence line through the image.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. Afterwards I was wishing I'd taken the time to try and stitch a panoramic. I'll add a second attempt at the theme below. This one has a replaced sky though as it was totally flat grey from that viewpoint :rolleyes:
Perfect find for the theme :) It's a pity the grey takes up a lot of the frame but I like the inclusion of the three different colours.
I agree, I was running around like a mad thing trying to get a good viewpoint before my OH got fed up of waiting. You might spot him hiding in my second attempt :D
Very Ballamory... What's going on with that Heineken sign though, it looks like the builder may have already been in the oub when he put it up.
:D I hadn't spotted that, although I had noticed that part of the frame wasn't quite as sharp as I'd have liked.
Certainly are....
I think I might have cropped the LH to lose the green house and also the loss of the fence. Cropping would have maintained the fence line through the image.
I had a play with different crops, but decided the line of the fence helped the composition, and the green added another vivid colour. I did struggle to find a good viewpoint.
@Dave70D Thank you. I just feel guilty for not taking a more active role.
View attachment 103129

That is certainly vivid. Great find, great colours!

Nice find for vivid ... that second one looks like Toy Town. (y)

Week 15 Hold
Again I took this in Ireland, with the idea of using it for Hold. I had another idea, but since I haven't got round to setting that one up, this one will have to do :)

week 15 Hold
by Bebop on Talk Photography

Both very good shots and on theme. The broekn wall is exactly the kind of thing Id shoot if I saw it, just because it looks interesting.....

Back