weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

I learned about coprolites while working at the UBC Museum of Anthropology and it's interesting but, as an image, I think that I agree with Tim's assessment above.

Week 3: Receptacle

A storm in a teacup. I tried a few different sea images before settling on this one. I expect the perfect one was further on in the folder :D

20220127-BC130014_storm4_week03.jpg

That's very nicely done. I spent a few seconds wondering what the strange foamy drink was. Then I realised!

Great image Bebop, though it looks like your tea is a little choppy...

Very nice although I suspect the tea is a bit watery and salty.

That's a WOW shot for sure!

Very good! Nice idea and well executed, well done!
That's very nicely done. I spent a few seconds wondering what the strange foamy drink was. Then I realised!
Great image Bebop, though it looks like your tea is a little choppy...
Brilliant idea, Beb and very well executed.
Very nice although I suspect the tea is a bit watery and salty.
That's a WOW shot for sure!
Thank you all for the kind reception of my receptacle :) I think it could be improved on, and I might try again in the future along the same lines. It definitely would not have been my ideal cup of tea! :ROFLMAO:

Lovely shot! Would have worked well for last year's composite too!

Storm in a teacup! I like it!

New - I like how only a portion of it is sharp, personally I wouldn't know where to look if it was all in focus, nice touch with the brush too.

Old - I do prefer the interesting elements of the second paint image, the fossil looks like it could benefit from increased contrast to show more detail

Receptacle - I immediately worked out your concept which looks great, although I think it would benefit from higher waves as the cup rim doesn't work as well (imo) at the left side (10 o clock area)

New - I like how only a portion of it is sharp, personally I wouldn't know where to look if it was all in focus, nice touch with the brush too.

Old - I do prefer the interesting elements of the second paint image, the fossil looks like it could benefit from increased contrast to show more detail

Receptacle - I immediately worked out your concept which looks great, although I think it would benefit from higher waves as the cup rim doesn't work as well (imo) at the left side (10 o clock area)
Many thanks Stuart. I had decided I was not going to show more than one pic per theme (which is what we used to do here - you had to choose one), but I did think the fossil was a bit lack lustre, so I have failed in my mission again for a single pic ha ha! I think perhaps my lighting wasn't ideal for the fossil either.

I'm glad you spotted the storm, and I agree my execution left a little to be desired. It was interesting because of the difference in light and white balance, so it's all been a good learning experience. There were also a few blown highlights too :rolleyes: :D

Great Idea. Nicely executed.
Many thanks Kell. I know it could be improved but I did enjoy putting it together :)

Ooooh.... Clever!

I can't really offer much, I wouldn't know where to start with that kind of thing, but its a fun image.

Like that, there’s something ‘chemistry lab’ about it!

lovely colour contrast and different than many.
If you had used yellow and black this would be radioactive!

Good idea ... works well

That's come out rather well!
Bizarre what playing around with WB can do for colours!

That's a very 'acidic' looking image (the colours I mean). I like it, a good take on the theme and worth the adjustment to WB i'd say.

Like that, there’s something ‘chemistry lab’ about it!
lovely colour contrast and different than many.
If you had used yellow and black this would be radioactive!
Like it. The symmetry is fine.
Good idea ... works well
That's come out rather well!
Bizarre what playing around with WB can do for colours!
That's a very 'acidic' looking image (the colours I mean). I like it, a good take on the theme and worth the adjustment to WB i'd say.
Thank you so much for the positive comments - it also made me think of a radioactive symbol or lab experiment.

I did find one I'd taken earlier where the symmetry was a bit better, so here it is with the colours left as they were, but given a little boost to the saturation. Unfortunately the sun came out, so the background does have a streak on it.

20220201-BC130029_1-2_week04.jpg

Really well crafted Be. Prefer the arrangement of the pink one and the colours of the orange one. It does have a radioactive feel and the almost "opposite" colours (on the colour wheel) make a more dramatic image (IMO)

Really like your shot and the final edit. Very striking.
Thank you

Really well crafted Be. Prefer the arrangement of the pink one and the colours of the orange one. It does have a radioactive feel and the almost "opposite" colours (on the colour wheel) make a more dramatic image (IMO)
Yes I think this is why I disregarded the second posted (but earlier) image - because the bottles weren't close enough together. The devil is in the detail!! Nice to see you popping in here - your comments are always welcome :)

Very striking, and I prefer the colours of your chosen shot.

Love the teacup and impressed with the editing skills to achieve the picture. Very clever.
Also love the pink bottles : the colour and shapes are really striking.

Nice that - clever shot :)

Very striking, and I prefer the colours of your chosen shot.
Thanks Paul. I'm not usually a pink fan, butI quite liked it in this instance.

That is a cracking a very creative shot, love it
Thanks Scott - you'll see I gave up on the idea of flash and gels :D ... anything for an easy life!

Love the teacup and impressed with the editing skills to achieve the picture. Very clever.
Also love the pink bottles : the colour and shapes are really striking.
Thank you. The teacup is not perfectly edited, but it was a bit of fun :)

Nice that - clever shot :)
Cheers Dave (y)

Wow.. that's a great shot.. it really pops. I'm with you on the blue/pink colour combo.

It's always worth adjusting the sliders just to see the effect, I always like to see how an image changes with the edge detect filter in Affinity Photo. The pink is certainly striking, the glass and reflections on the non WB adjusted looks almost metallic.

Back