weekly BobBCN 52/2015 Week 25 Silhouette

K W Y..........Do I win a prize? :) (took me ages to spot K)

Loving the image for the theme Bob :)

this looks good in B&W - the grid layout seems a little cramped but that's probably because my brain doesn't expect scrabble to be in square blocks :p yep, I like this one :)

K W Y..........Do I win a prize? :) (took me ages to spot K)

Loving the image for the theme Bob :)

No prize! But well done!!! Cheers.

this looks good in B&W - the grid layout seems a little cramped but that's probably because my brain doesn't expect scrabble to be in square blocks :p yep, I like this one :)

Thanks!

That's an unusual one for Scrabble ...I like that, black and white suits it well. Smashing idea with the light painting too.

Yep, I thought BW looked better, well, different.

Black and white works well, I like the factyou have taken this at a slight angle, which certainly helps the composition.

Yes, and the angle, too. Thanks.

No photshop!! Just camera open in a dark room and off you go. Torch held close to the wall!
Cool.

Alfabet ... Neat idea, interesting angle & positioning. I play Portuguese Scrabble so familiar with no K, W or Y ... but LL and NY are intriguing.

Hi, good take on the alphabet theme, it works well in mono and I'm liking the slight angle to it as well :)

Hi Ben,

I like the second alphabet attempt, a subtle difference makes for an interesting take on scrabble tiles

Hi Bob ...I love that little chap in the first one :) The whistle is an excellent idea but I'd like to see more of it...is that a chain in the background ?

Hi Susie. Thanks. I found the theme difficult but only because I was trying to avoid doing what someone else had already done. I must make a note to get in quick in future weeks!
I played around with the whistle idea but in the end it was the bokeh effect on the chain which I liked best. I thought I had an old metal whistle somewhere in the house which would have been better but I could only find this plastic one, that being the reason for semi-hiding it. In fact before the crop there's not that much more of it.

15. Sound3 by BobBCN, on Flickr

Sound #1 ... cool dude ... what lovely lighting and OOF BG ... I'm guessing that's your veranda and the next block.

I lived in a place like that in Lisbon for a number of years. The balcony ... is that regulation green painted railing?

Hi Bob - that's a nice funky take on sound (y). I'm not so keen on the whistle shot. I had to find a metal whistle a few years ago for an office awayday, I culdn't find one anywhere in the shops. I eventually went to the local sports centre and they very kindly gave me one for free :)

I lived in a place like that in Lisbon for a number of years. The balcony ... is that regulation green painted railing?

well, it's Green and everyone's is the same. But I don't know who chose the color! There are rules about balconies I believe, so it's staying green!!

Cheers David

Hi Bob - that's a nice funky take on sound (y). I'm not so keen on the whistle shot. I had to find a metal whistle a few years ago for an office awayday, I culdn't find one anywhere in the shops. I eventually went to the local sports centre and they very kindly gave me one for free :)

You were lucky!! Wouldn't happen here! Cheers Lorraine.

Last edited:
Hi Bob

Sound....1st one for me.....lovely n sharp , great DOF, good fun colorful image (y)

Machine....oh dear , def seen better days! Think I prefer the wider angle as put's in more in context

Alphabet...interesting alphabet ....what immediately springs to mind is...How do Catalans say Cake, or Take or Water or where or Who......ya get my drift :)

Hi Bob

Sound....1st one for me.....lovely n sharp , great DOF, good fun colorful image (y)

Machine....oh dear , def seen better days! Think I prefer the wider angle as put's in more in context

Alphabet...interesting alphabet ....what immediately springs to mind is...How do Catalans say Cake, or Take or Water or where or Who......ya get my drift :)

Certainly do! Cheers Lynne!

Experiment

Well, this was some company's experiment/investment at some stage. But on a personal level it was a bit of an experiment for me. Off the beaten track and alone, quite eerie at first as I didn't know if I would bump into unsavouries lurking about. I didn't, but there were signs of nocturnal adventures lying around. I mean, beer cans and the like btw.

16. Experiment by BobBCN, on Flickr

Experiment (1) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Experiment (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Experiment (3) by BobBCN, on Flickr

It's Experiment (3) for me Bob (photo number 4).

After scrolling down it hit me as the best of the set. I think that's because of the strong lines and the "experimental" tilt which adds more unease to an already desolate location. The brighter light at the front fading off into darkness adds even more to the image and the square crop is a great choice (which also makes Experiment (2) work well). The colour original shot doesn't come close to the last two for me despite that amazing sky and a great exposure.

It's Experiment (3) for me Bob (photo number 4).

After scrolling down it hit me as the best of the set. I think that's because of the strong lines and the "experimental" tilt which adds more unease to an already desolate location. The brighter light at the front fading off into darkness adds even more to the image and the square crop is a great choice (which also makes Experiment (2) work well). The colour original shot doesn't come close to the last two for me despite that amazing sky and a great exposure.

Thanks Ian. Comments appreciated. Funnily enough, I prefer the first just beacuse it has a surreal look about it.

Hi Bob,

Theme wise I'm not sure but image wise the last one is the best of the four.

Yes, I agree. I certainly pushed the theme aspect!!! Cheers Stan.

Hi, can only agree with the above statements the last photo definitely works best

Sound: Love the fun aspect of this shot

Experiment: Last image for me and the tilt works well. The other three just didn't grab me sorry.

Firstly apologies Bob seem to have missed your thread last few weeks.
Love the close up/watery shot its my fav of your shots from the last few weeks.
Machine nice spot nice idea. Might have looked good with a second car in shot looking clean perfect maybe even like a split screen mono for the wrecker and colour for the clean car (forget that i'm saving that idea i might need that for future weeks)
Much preferred the Catalan scrabble board for your alphabet picture .
Sound #1 is a nice fun colourful image but love the whistle idea. Prefer the colour version shame you couldn't find the metal one maybe it will turn up for a reshoot week. In fact i may have one somewhere myself forget that as well that's my next re-shoot sorted .
Experiment yes #3 is a nice angle but i think i would go for #1 personally as my pick of the bunch. Yes the theme was stretched a little bit but sometimes needs must.

Last edited:
Interesting place to be with a camera. Like the others: #4 (y)

Hi Bob,

experiment - I agree with Stan, it is a bit of a stretch for the theme (but the shoehorn stays with me I'm afraid). I'm going to buck the trend and plump for number 2 - I like the symmetry and it makes me think of some weird modern sculpture :) the mono works well too

Last edited:
I like the final image for Experiment.....unusual because usually I'm not keen on tilted shots!

for me I like the 1st sound best, dof really sets it off - and no. 3 for experiment, it suits the straight-on perspective I think :)

Getting out on your own with your camera is great. I love the peacefulness and tranquility.

Of the set I'm go for #4, not usually a fan of the tilt but don't mind it here.

Cheers.

Hi, can only agree with the above statements the last photo definitely works best

Sound: Love the fun aspect of this shot

Experiment: Last image for me and the tilt works well. The other three just didn't grab me sorry.

Firstly apologies Bob seem to have missed your thread last few weeks.
Love the close up/watery shot its my fav of your shots from the last few weeks.
Machine nice spot nice idea. Might have looked good with a second car in shot looking clean perfect maybe even like a split screen mono for the wrecker and colour for the clean car (forget that i'm saving that idea i might need that for future weeks)
Much preferred the Catalan scrabble board for your alphabet picture .
Sound #1 is a nice fun colourful image but love the whistle idea. Prefer the colour version shame you couldn't find the metal one maybe it will turn up for a reshoot week. In fact i may have one somewhere myself forget that as well that's my next re-shoot sorted .
Experiment yes #3 is a nice angle but i think i would go for #1 personally as my pick of the bunch. Yes the theme was stretched a little bit but sometimes needs must.

Interesting place to be with a camera. Like the others: #4 (y)

Hi Bob,

experiment - I agree with Stan, it is a bit of a stretch for the theme (but the shoehorn stays with me I'm afraid). I'm going to buck the trend and plump for number 2 - I like the symmetry and it makes me think of some weird modern sculpture :) the mono works well too

I like the final image for Experiment.....unusual because usually I'm not keen on tilted shots!

for me I like the 1st sound best, dof really sets it off - and no. 3 for experiment, it suits the straight-on perspective I think :)

Another fan of #4 here (y)

Getting out on your own with your camera is great. I love the peacefulness and tranquility.

Of the set I'm go for #4, not usually a fan of the tilt but don't mind it here.

Cheers.

Hi Bob

Experiment 2 pips the others to top spot for me , good conversion & like the square frame (y)

Thanks for all the comments. Mixed feelings about the shots, but if you submit a few it's bound to happen.

Cheers

Hi Bob, heat - I really like the shot, it's well framed and the crop works well. It doesn't really say heat to me though - sorry. I didn't really get it until I read your explanation, but it is a very different take on the theme, so good on you for that :)

Hi Bob, heat - I really like the shot, it's well framed and the crop works well. It doesn't really say heat to me though - sorry. I didn't really get it until I read your explanation, but it is a very different take on the theme, so good on you for that :)

Thanks Lorraine!

No doesn't say Heat to me either ... but I guess it's good to have a variety of different interpretations. I like the light on that fine spray.

Back