weekly Boots' 52 for 2021

Very nicely thought through :)

On first look, I thought it was the "forecasting rock" - if it's wet, raining; if gone, hurricane etc. But I like the set up of this even better!

Really like this Paul. Thumbsup from me.

Good idea for the theme, I did have a similar thought when the theme was first announced. Well composed image

that's certainly a tall chaor! Nice image and suits the theme well

...or is it a very small person climbing on a normal chair...?

I loved The Borrowers and still have my childhood collection.

This will be different from any others for the theme I suspect. The person climbing up does a great job of giving the scale. Good depth of field and exposure.

The person climbing up does a great job of giving the scale.
Agreed. Without this, it wouldn't have the same impact at all.

Was this a selfie? If so, I think it would have been better to have you sat in the chair, grinning at the camera. If this was some randomer though I understand the POV - esp if they never made it into the chair...

Great idea though. Well executed.

This will be different from any others for the theme I suspect.
@Bebop Thanks! That's my hope too.

Was this a selfie? If so, I think it would have been better to have you sat in the chair
Oh, Ian, how did you guess. There was no way I was going to get from the camera sat on my bag (sometimes falling off the bag) and up into that chair in ten seconds - have you seen the height of the chair?

There was no way I was going to get from the camera sat on my bag (sometimes falling off the bag) and up into that chair in ten seconds

You need a crew like Gregory Crewdson. (y)

Interesting image Paul, nicely presented.

Tall
I want a chair like that. A good bit of fun, the inclusion of the man is very important.

For "tall" the exposure looks bang on, did wonder about the light on the far book holder post.

'Songs from the big chair', Nice!
A great idea, I think the figure in the act of climbing reinforces the sense of scale more than an already seated figure would.

Back