Brian of Bozeats '26 from '52 - 2015 week 52: Christmas

Special - love the treatment and would love to know how you did it (but as I only use Lightroon it probably wouldn't help ;)) And nice to see your sense of humour :ROFLMAO:

Special reshoot - that is indeed a special moment and glad you didn't cause a pile up stopping the car. Whenever I see a scene like that it's usually impossible to stop ;)

Despair - hahahahahaha, I'm not sure that's the response you wanted but it made me :ROFLMAO:

Special - love the treatment and would love to know how you did it (but as I only use Lightroon it probably wouldn't help ;)) And nice to see your sense of humour :ROFLMAO:

Special reshoot - that is indeed a special moment and glad you didn't cause a pile up stopping the car. Whenever I see a scene like that it's usually impossible to stop ;)

Despair - hahahahahaha, I'm not sure that's the response you wanted but it made me :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Jill, I don't think you could do that with lightroom tbh. I used photoshop, there's loads of tutorials on youtube for pop art...

No pile ups, I'm glad to say, the country lanes around here are pretty quiet, (being a cyclist I had hoped someone would come up the hill and complete the scene but no-one did despite it being a popular cycling route) oh well!

People on here have a very dark sense of humour... that poor cat! :D

Last edited:
Yo Brian ... forgot your Special reshoot ... glorious rays, and a lovely-looking spot, I guess you've got to watch out for boy racers tho. The shadows on the road, FG especially, look harsh and are distracting, but I don't know if there much to be done about that.

Yo Brian ... forgot your Special reshoot ... glorious rays, and a lovely-looking spot, I guess you've got to watch out for boy racers tho. The shadows on the road, FG especially, look harsh and are distracting, but I don't know if there much to be done about that.

Ah, thanks for commenting. I actually like them (the shadows on the road) it was a very harsh light and it was literally "pouring" though the leaf canopy above. Ive just realised what it reminded me of, remember the film "Close encounters of the third kind" it was :runaway:

I bet your wife is constantly telling you to be quiet, very fitting image indeed, as Andy said above great perspective (y)

That's one I do like. Good eye contact, nice muted colours and cracking perspective. Just the bannister by way of crit, but I'm not sure I'd like any different angle :thinking:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, the POV is supposed to be the (probably slightly tipsy) viewer being told to be quiet, whilst he and his wife are trying to sneak quietly up to bed after a night out. (Don't disturb the kids in bed asleep, that kind of thing) I felt the bannister was important but I do see what you mean, perhaps less light on it would have been better and less distracting.

Yup, this seems to work well and tells a story.

Thank you. This was set up No.3 based on story lines about signals to be quiet and I'm really glad we persevered. (y)

I bet your wife is constantly telling you to be quiet, very fitting image indeed, as Andy said above great perspective (y)

No, It's funny but she doesn't. - My first wife did! - there's a perfect someone for everyone, right? :D

Refreshing to see a different type of image for the theme. Nice pov and spot on theme.

Many thanks. It's nice to hear. (y)

Friend or foe ... looks harmless to me.

... not normally one for the eye contact image but here it's essential and beautifully done.

Excellent and a novel response to the theme Brian. Nice atmospherics with the late return and that age-old give-away, the creaky stair.

Really difficult theme but that expression captures it well Brian. Great bit of lighting which helps to create mood as well as highlighting the facial contours.

One of the more challenging themes.

You look rather green, a bit Hulk Like :)

Good eye contact and off centre.

Not sure about the lighting, though. It does add dimension and a sense of the mysteries, but I feel a slightly different angle would really emphasise you handsome visage :)

Cheers.

Hi Brian, not sure what to say about that, it was a terrible theme but then again there has been little inspiration in the past few to be honest or maybe it's just me :sulk:

decent enough if not slightly scary pic of your good self, I actually quite like the lighting well done for trying something different

Really difficult theme but that expression captures it well Brian. Great bit of lighting which helps to create mood as well as highlighting the facial contours.

Many thanks Carl, I appreciate your encouraging comments. (y)

One of the more challenging themes.

You look rather green, a bit Hulk Like :)

Good eye contact and off centre.

Not sure about the lighting, though. It does add dimension and a sense of the mysteries, but I feel a slightly different angle would really emphasise you handsome visage :)

Cheers.

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :LOL:

Awww, I worked bloody hard on that lighting and the expression and the wardrobe and the processing although it does look more obviously green here on my why eye pad than it did on the big screen, but I do like how you keep picking up on my colour keyed images, it proves you're awake.

Have a good week Bonney lad ;)

Cheers.

Hi Brian, not sure what to say about that, it was a terrible theme but then again there has been little inspiration in the past few to be honest or maybe it's just me :sulk:

decent enough if not slightly scary pic of your good self, I actually quite like the lighting well done for trying something different

Thanks Al, I was in a bit of a sulk myself this week, bloody awful theme, let's hope it's something positive and inspiring this week.

Only 12 to go! :D

Off Camera flash? Or Natural light from the side?
Either way, I think it works well. Well done on another different take on Envy.

Thank you, yes it was off camera, single flash, shooting tethered so I could see the results of each shot on the laptop and alter my position until I got what I wanted.

Cheers. :cow:

Incredible

Hulk :ROFLMAO:

You have the knack of looking envious. Interesting, moody lighting does the trick.

Incredible

Hulk :ROFLMAO:

You have the knack of looking envious. Interesting, moody lighting does the trick.

Thank you David.

The incredible SULK would have been more appropriate this week I think... :D

Week 41 Inverse:

Jpeg800-1.jpg

I Picked this up at the Italian stall on the local farmers market. Thought I'd get myself all Edward Weston on it...

Last edited:
Nice idea though Brian - a hybrid would have the advantage over those 3-in-1 packs. A very interesting image ... had to look up Edward Weston so learnt something in the process. :clap:

Nice idea though Brian - a hybrid would have the advantage over those 3-in-1 packs. A very interesting image ... had to look up Edward Weston so learnt something in the process. :clap:

Thanks Carl. :)

Very clever idea. Nice lighting and sharp but not sure the chopping board adds anything to the image. I like it though and well done on the pp.

Cheers Stan, I agree about the chopping board. I had all sorts of set ups on it which is why I framed it the way I did, but now you mention it I think I should have cropped the image. Thank you for your comments. (y)

Hi Brian,

Despair: Well done for injecting a bit of humour into despair - not easy. Nice and dark shot gets the feeling across well too.
Noise: I like the take on the theme and the shoes in the hand is a nice touch. Really portrays sneaking in after a late night out.
Envy: The emotion comes across very well in this shot - well done. Maybe a tiny bit too dark in the shadow areas.
Inverse: I like what you have done - very clever. I really must get my head around layers and PS in general. The only thing for me is it doesn't really portray inverse for me. Sorry :(

No, doesn't say Inverse ... but clever PP, nicely lit & shot. And I like the chopping board.

Ha! You're all right it doesn't say inverse... but I started out by inverting the colours on some of the layers so I'm claiming it anyway. :p

Thanks for the comments folks. :)

Hi Brian, nice bit of PP, really well blended you can claim what you want (y)

Back